ADVERTISEMENT

Starocci

biocowboy

Redshirt
Nov 29, 2015
Can someone fill me in on this drama? Not wrestling in the Big10 tourney for what reason? Is he planning the wrestle in KC?

he tweaked a knee in last dual of the year. didn't wrestle at Big tens and got a wild card.

he's wrestling at ncaa's no doubt.

he tweaked a knee in last dual of the year. didn't wrestle at Big tens and got a wild card.

he's wrestling at ncaa's no doubt.
Pretty sure we haven't had wild cards for quite a few now years. At-large selection.

Apparently he thanked Penn State for his years there. I believe he is looking for a NIL payday for his last year of eligiblity. Wouldn't it be nice if Thompson got a redshirt year next year to develop and grow into 184. I guess that would mean that we need to find a solution for 165 next year as well as 174 the following year.
Pretty sure that is wishful thinking as Michigan and Iowa are paying quite a bit for wrestlers. Also I cannot see Penn State letting him get away (somewhat lie we did not let Ollie Gordan get away in football).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Apparently he thanked Penn State for his years there. I believe he is looking for a NIL payday for his last year of eligiblity. Wouldn't it be nice if Thompson got a redshirt year next year to develop and grow into 184. I guess that would mean that we need to find a solution for 165 next year as well as 174 the following year.
Pretty sure that is wishful thinking as Michigan and Iowa are paying quite a bit for wrestlers. Also I cannot see Penn State letting him get away (somewhat lie we did not let Ollie Gordan get away in football).
I don’t see why not

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Pretty sure that is wishful thinking as Michigan and Iowa are paying quite a bit for wrestlers.
We can all help out for that;

Cowboy Wrestling fans, we are pleased to share that we have a donor match opportunity from now until April 20th. Two wrestling donors will match up to a total of $200,000 towards Cowboy Wrestling NIL. Donate today and your contribution will be matched!

Please be sure to earmark your gift as "Wrestling Match" in the comments section of your donation. Thank you and Go Pokes!

https://www.pokeswithapurpose.com/donate

We'll be making a play for Carter but I doubt it will be enough. PSU has deep pockets to keep him but they may not care if they do or not with the log jam they got going. Could see Messenbrink go 174 and Haines wants to go up also. Dont think we could match Iowa or Michigan like someone said earlier. It owuld be wild to get Carter at 74 and Barraclaugh at 65 lol.

He has one year to get paid NIL money. I think he will go to the highest bidder. Who is Barraclaugh and what year is he?

34 and fading

iu

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
I only watched a few minutes of 2 or 3 of his matches and it looked like everyone avoided trying for his bad leg. Maybe he's just that good that it was never presented to them

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I only watched a few minutes of 2 or 3 of his matches and it looked like everyone avoided trying for his bad leg. Maybe he's just that good that it was never presented to them
From neutral, You don’t shoot to the bad leg, you make them use it as their stabilizing leg. Now, in a scramble on the mat, it depends. But, his gift is being huge for the weight and having tremendous head-hands defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT