ADVERTISEMENT

soonerinlOUisiana...

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
Big shot in Detroit called granddaughter-in-law in Madisonville on Ponchartrain's North Shore. He'd like to have her move up to Detroit. She's south central sales manager for Buick-GMC. She's liaison for a bunch of Louisiana and Mississippi dealers.

The Detroit job is supposed to be posted Monday. The Detroit boss said talk it over with grandson and if interested call him at home Friday or his office on Monday. Granddaughter's New Orleans boss says if the big boss is calling, the job is hers.

Family and the Choctaw Nation are proud. She is OU grad with grandson and card carrying Choctaw. They've only been in the New Orleans area for 11 months. They learned to eat crab legs. I think they said crab legs.

My only visit to the grand kids found the nation's premier Church's Chicken missing near Baton Rouge, replaced by a Subway. As a "professional tourist" for 12 years, Church's was always a must stop.

Ex-Detroiter here. 22 years. Moved to Oklahoma in 1980. Detroit is an awful place.

Agree. I've done business in Detroit on a number of occasions. Some of the most beautiful women I've ever laid eyes on are in Windsor.

U. S. Customs people were always jerks. Canadians nice mostly.

I understand housing is reasonable because so many people have moved away. Many auto big shots live in gated communities. Granddaughter tells me the hotel where she stays just across from GM headquarters is something to behold.

I've listened to CKLW a lot in Windsor trashing the Canadian Medicare for all rationed health care system. Too bad Sysk can't listen in. Think he would catch on?

Great news SBI!!!!!!!!! Does GM have a version of the Ford X-Plan, and if so, can she sponsor me for a 'Vette?

This I can't answer.

The kids sure did learn to like the New Orleans area. Live on Ponchartrain's north shore and venture into the city when they had to.

I've been to NO a million times but never over the causeway or to the French Quarter. Now I have. My company used to do a lot of business with Dexter Petroleum in the NO area. I can't remember the name of the little town.

Reactions: iasooner1
Granddaughter turned down Detroit. Compensation not enough for the headaches. Big Detroit boss thanked her for putting in much effort to investigate every angle. He said if a higher opening becomes available he'd still like her to consider.

Granddaughter loves her Louisiana and Mississippi Buick-GMC dealers. Grandson loves gumbo.

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
Kids really like it there, purkey. Really love their neighbors. All white neighbors accept Indians.

Their new house is called a "farm house". Heavy rustic design. The hallway bath room's bath tub sits up on legs like my maternal grandmother's did on the farm near Elk City, Oklahoma.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT