ADVERTISEMENT

Something to think about

The level of homophobia on this board is troubling. I've been a member since 2007 and rarely post. However I visit the board almost every day. That said, the number of times gay, butt hurt, and having a boyfriend is used as an insult or that something is stupid/bad/not liked is astounding.

I don't expect to change decades of language and behavior with my post. However I do hope you can appreciate how I can find it extremely insulting and inappropiate.

Please keep that in mind and do your best going forward. Thank you
INkDDs.gif

Remember how in junior high there was always that one table in the cafeteria where there were those guys who sat around making fart noises in their armpits and snorting and guffawing and falling out of their chairs, and sometimes you wonder what happened to those guys when they grew up?

Well...

You say this like it's a bad thing.

My old man--God rest his soul--loved gay people. He produced a documentary movie about gay and straight marriage. He published a gay newspaper in OKC. He and my mom had drinks at the Stonewall Inn and toasted the freedom fighters every time they went to New York. They adopted one of my two gay brothers when he was 30 years old. They endorsed every LGBTQ candidate in Oklahoma and they were grand marshalls at the OKC pride parade. One year they had our family reunion at Provincetown MA during gay pride week. After mom died my dad's best friend in OKC was a gay OSU grad and mega Poke football fan who wore a cowboy hat and boa to Club Level. Dad would wear his Obama cap. They'd have their Cabernet and laugh their assies off at the looks on homophobe's faces. Pops always said, "I'm straight but I'm not narrow," and "Queers aren't broke and they don't need fixing." My parents had no problem with the thought of two or more men having anal sex together. Wasn't any of their business and didn't bother them one bit...

Someday I'll post his 2.5 minute video but not now, this board would blow a gasket...

The level of homophobia on this board is troubling. I've been a member since 2007 and rarely post. However I visit the board almost every day. That said, the number of times gay, butt hurt, and having a boyfriend is used as an insult or that something is stupid/bad/not liked is astounding.

I don't expect to change decades of language and behavior with my post. However I do hope you can appreciate how I can find it extremely insulting and inappropiate.

Please keep that in mind and do your best going forward. Thank you

I have only read original post at this time, but I have a feeling OP is not going to like what has been posted since. Now I am going back to the top to see how well I know this crowd.

I have only read original post at this time, but I have a feeling OP is not going to like what has been posted since. Now I am going back to the top to see how well I know this crowd.

Nailed It!!! Laughed my arse off, some pretty funny stuff.

Nailed It!!! Laughed my arse off, some pretty funny stuff.
Yeah, a college football message board is about the last place I can see a social justice warrior succeeding in their fight. I don't know what OP expected. I think it's pretty difficult to offend most of the people on here, and we feel like no one else should really be offended by words either. But OP wants everyone to think and feel the way they do, the thing is, most of us don't really care.

Quick poll for the board: how many of you plan on teaching your children the word "f@ggot?" Don't be shy; this is your safe space.

Quick poll for the board: how many of you plan on teaching your children the word "f@ggot?" Don't be shy; this is your safe space.
I don't really recall teaching my children any words. Most humans pick up speech pretty readily.

Whatever their parents do or don't "teach" them, they learn quickly on the 5th grade playground.

Thankfully, I blew my ball juice out back in the 90s and didn't have any smudgies, got tha caincer and caint have none of them thar varmints. Unless I want wun with a dick for a chin.

(If figure if someone is going to think of me as a redneck homophobe, might as well not dissappoint with the lingo)

Anyway, if I had kids, I'd teach them to not **** butts. And teach them the word "******", since it has many meanings...

My old man--God rest his soul--loved gay people. He produced a documentary movie about gay and straight marriage. He published a gay newspaper in OKC. He and my mom had drinks at the Stonewall Inn and toasted the freedom fighters every time they went to New York. They adopted one of my two gay brothers when he was 30 years old. They endorsed every LGBTQ candidate in Oklahoma and they were grand marshalls at the OKC pride parade. One year they had our family reunion at Provincetown MA during gay pride week. After mom died my dad's best friend in OKC was a gay OSU grad and mega Poke football fan who wore a cowboy hat and boa to Club Level. Dad would wear his Obama cap. They'd have their Cabernet and laugh their assies off at the looks on homophobe's faces. Pops always said, "I'm straight but I'm not narrow," and "Queers aren't broke and they don't need fixing." My parents had no problem with the thought of two or more men having anal sex together. Wasn't any of their business and didn't bother them one bit...

Someday I'll post his 2.5 minute video but not now, this board would blow a gasket...
I want that 30 sec of my life back...

I propose a new board choice, similar to Sutton Court, 24/7 and others, aptly named "Safe Cowpeople."

It's where anybody can go and....talk football or whatever.

wow, is this the type of stuff I'm missing on the corral?

You're welcome for the Enlightenment, Neanderthal.

Reactions: OSUIvan
Pretty sure I've called my boy a f@ggot a handful of times, when I'm sure no one else could hear me and he does something f@ggoty. The word has no gay connotation to me...usually results in one or both of us snickering.

I've always found the sensitivity to gay references an odd thing in 2017.

If being gay is normal, that should mean that there's nothing wrong with calling a person gay.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Remember how in junior high there was always that one table in the cafeteria where there were those guys who sat around making fart noises in their armpits and snorting and guffawing and falling out of their chairs, and sometimes you wonder what happened to those guys when they grew up?

Well...
One table? You mean the tables with boys?

Wait, don't gay men LIKE being "butt hurt", so to speak? So the pejorative version of butt hurt can't possibly have any reference to homosexual relations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT