ADVERTISEMENT

Some things about the economy going forward - Analyst / Broker I talked to

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
I work with 3 stock analysts / brokers and one is outstanding (the other 2 are good), and he is as conservative as can be. Back when Trump ran the first time, he explained why investors were hoarding cash and waiting for Trump to win to get back in, we had more cash on the sidelines in the history of the US at that time, that cash coming off the sideline created the stock market increase. People wanted to see if if a tax friendly Prez was going to win.

Couple of things (first 2 my thoughts, the last from an analyst / broker):

1. If you look at the stock market over the years, it actually does best when you have split control. In other words, a Rep Prez and Dem Senate or House, and vice-versa. That brings the most stability in terms of not having huge policy changes and for either side to not chase the worst of their instincts.

2. Back when Trump was Prez, the Oil and Gas industry invested heavily in exploration, drilling, and production, it worked. Biden took office and it was basically a war on fossil fuels. The domestic oil companies took it on the chin and they did not reap the full return they expected for their capital investment. Shareholders not happy. The oil and gas industry is making money right now, they are not over spending on exploration and drilling, the shareholders are seeing good returns. I read an article from many of the CEO's and they said they can not trust the political environment we are in, and they will never again ramp up production like that again to see the outcome of an election destroy returns. It is true the cost of the energy impacts inflation greatly, and pushing the green agenda is pushing a move towards green energy before it is cost neutral to consumers to do so. Trump to get these oil and gas companies to "drill baby drill"? Unfortunately what Biden did to them may make this impossible. IF Trump really wants this, the government may have to say, we understand you need at least $75 per barrel to invest in more exploration and drilling (or whatever the number is), and the government will guarantee $75 barrel when it dips below that price point and subsidize it. Or, can he convince them? From what I read the answer is no, the CEO's answer to the shareholders.

3. From my analyst / broker - This is related to 1 above. Again, he is a diehard Trump supporter. Wall Street this time is hoping for Kamala to win, and for Reps to control at least the House and also the Senate. Control of the House alone is enough to muck up legislation and keep Harris in check. The reason why? Trump's planned tariff's on China. Short term it will cause an increase in many things we consume and cause inflation, it will hurt the stock market. We are a consumer driven economy and consumers will not be able to consume as many products. Wall Street only worships green. Trump's plan long-term, IF you can guarantee JD wins in 2028, very well may cause manufacturing jobs to return to the US and cause good new jobs, but that takes time.

The problem we have is that we need consistent energy and economic policy from administration to administration to maximize energy and lower its cost, and to protect manufacturing jobs and remain competitive in the global market place.

I am just passing this on as an FYI. I would like nothing better than complete Rep control of the Prez, and all of Congress.

Everything comes with trade offs, and we are not in the same spot as the 2016 election, COVID and so many other things have changed things significantly.

Last edited:
The main reason I do not want a Democrat as the President is for my/our children’s future. As it stands we will be the first generation in American history to hand over a country to future generations in worse shape than the one we inherited. We should be embarrassed for what we have allowed to happen to this country.

The main reason I do not want a Democrat as the President is for my/our children’s future. As it stands we will be the first generation in American history to hand over a country to future generations in worse shape than the one we inherited. We should be embarrassed for what we have allowed to happen to this country.
Agree. Be a very sad day if Kamala wins.

I really think that it’s too late for us to turn back now. Lots of dynamics that will change future generations - some for the good and lots for the bad. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle.

If you’re a Christian and believe the second coming will happen, you understand that it has to be this way.

the gov't will never guarantee anything like the price of oil to anyone for any reason. It's going to take trump winning to clear out all the embedded morons that have caused all this nonsense. He's going to have to clear out the club, and that won't be easy. Can't have harris being the puppet for another 4 years. Need to clean the pond. I saw a number count of democrats that live in the DC area.....I think I remember something like 280,000. Republicans are around 25,000.

the gov't will never guarantee anything like the price of oil to anyone for any reason. It's going to take trump winning to clear out all the embedded morons that have caused all this nonsense. He's going to have to clear out the club, and that won't be easy. Can't have harris being the puppet for another 4 years. Need to clean the pond. I saw a number count of democrats that live in the DC area.....I think I remember something like 280,000. Republicans are around 25,000.
I agree.

Our CEO knows a few people that have government jobs in DC, and he said what many Americans don’t know is that many have not returned to their offices on a regular basis once they were allowed to work from home due to COVID. He said one person in particular he has no idea what they do and enters competition type events around the country constantly. We are not talking about someone that heads up a department.

Vivak has been saying he believes 65% to 75% of the administrative state could be let go and the government would not miss a beat. He believes that much waste exists and the government is bloated, many jobs handed out as political favors.

We need Trump to appoint someone like Vivak to his cabinet to eliminate administrative positions that are not needed, and Don Jr to identify and eliminate all of the lib extremists and Rino’s in our agencies.

Last edited:
I agree.

Our CEO knows a few people that have government jobs in DC, and he said what many Americans don’t know is that many have not returned to their offices on a regular basis once they were allowed to work from home due to COVID. He said one person in particular he has no idea what they do and enters competition type events around the country constantly. We are not talking about someone that heads up a department.

Vivak has been saying he believes 65% to 75% of the administrative state could be let go and the government would not miss a beat. He believes that much waste exists and the government is bloated, many jobs handed out as political favors.

We need Trump to appoint someone like Vivak to his cabinet to eliminate administrative positions that are not needed, and Don Jr to identify and eliminate all of the lib extremists and Rino’s in our agencies.

You know exactly what the pouty bureaucratic administrators will do if they see 50% personnel cuts. It’s the same BS they pull for government shutdowns.

They will identify all the most highly visible things to the public that require no actual human supervision and they will visibly shut them down with cones, barriers, banners, error messages, etc to ensure that the uninformed brain dead electorate is convinced that all those useless positions actually do something.

They know most people are easily deceived and they take advantage of it.

Dimms best interests would be to offer another stimulus check or two. You know, "buy another election"? Cankles got slick Willy's worm once. Produced a rabbit.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I work with 3 stock analysts / brokers and one is outstanding (the other 2 are good), and he is as conservative as can be. Back when Trump ran the first time, he explained why investors were hoarding cash and waiting for Trump to win to get back in, we had more cash on the sidelines in the history of the US at that time, that cash coming off the sideline created the stock market increase. People wanted to see if if a tax friendly Prez was going to win.

Couple of things (first 2 my thoughts, the last from an analyst / broker):

1. If you look at the stock market over the years, it actually does best when you have split control. In other words, a Rep Prez and Dem Senate or House, and vice-versa. That brings the most stability in terms of not having huge policy changes and for either side to not chase the worst of their instincts.

2. Back when Trump was Prez, the Oil and Gas industry invested heavily in exploration, drilling, and production, it worked. Biden took office and it was basically a war on fossil fuels. The domestic oil companies took it on the chin and they did not reap the full return they expected for their capital investment. Shareholders not happy. The oil and gas industry is making money right now, they are not over spending on exploration and drilling, the shareholders are seeing good returns. I read an article from many of the CEO's and they said they can not trust the political environment we are in, and they will never again ramp up production like that again to see the outcome of an election destroy returns. It is true the cost of the energy impacts inflation greatly, and pushing the green agenda is pushing a move towards green energy before it is cost neutral to consumers to do so. Trump to get these oil and gas companies to "drill baby drill"? Unfortunately what Biden did to them may make this impossible. IF Trump really wants this, the government may have to say, we understand you need at least $75 per barrel to invest in more exploration and drilling (or whatever the number is), and the government will guarantee $75 barrel when it dips below that price point and subsidize it. Or, can he convince them? From what I read the answer is no, the CEO's answer to the shareholders.

3. From my analyst / broker - This is related to 1 above. Again, he is a diehard Trump supporter. Wall Street this time is hoping for Kamala to win, and for Reps to control at least the House and also the Senate. Control of the House alone is enough to muck up legislation and keep Harris in check. The reason why? Trump's planned tariff's on China. Short term it will cause an increase in many things we consume and cause inflation, it will hurt the stock market. We are a consumer driven economy and consumers will not be able to consume as many products. Wall Street only worships green. Trump's plan long-term, IF you can guarantee JD wins in 2028, very well may cause manufacturing jobs to return to the US and cause good new jobs, but that takes time.

The problem we have is that we need consistent energy and economic policy from administration to administration to maximize energy and lower its cost, and to protect manufacturing jobs and remain competitive in the global market place.

I am just passing this on as an FYI. I would like nothing better than complete Rep control of the Prez, and all of Congress.

Everything comes with trade offs, and we are not in the same spot as the 2016 election, COVID and so many other things have changed things significantly.

Any thoughts on sweeping deregulation followed with +50% EPA, DOE, DOT layoffs? Would this be enough to convince investment into the country again?

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I agree.

We need a hostile takeover to streamline the company and make it profitable again. Thats not going into the past, but moving into the future. Republicans/Trump represent the best chance of getting that done, and we can't do it with obstruction from the dems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT