ADVERTISEMENT

Some fun reading

i had to get in on that thread

stall calls and mat size lol

i could tell you the dual score if you told me that's the thread topic after the dual

Oh that was amazing.

Iowa would have won 60-0 if not for those dang refs.

Wow.....That was some reading....fun wouldnt be the word for it. I guess a ref did his job if both sides think he is working for the other....At least a few of the posters acknowledged that the stalling was a two way street in a lot more matches than the last one.....I still say if you want to get rid of stalling raise every weight class by 20 pounds and weigh in every day....not allowed to drop 3 pounds in a week....whatever you weigh is what you wrestle.....by the time these kids make weight they have enough energy for a couple of shots and that's it....they work out 6 hours a day but look gassed after 2 minutes....that's the effects of pulling weight....they are all in great shape just that pulling the weight effects people differently....I say weigh in should happen right before they wrestle and if they werent pulling the activity level would be infinitely greater

Reactions: birdman1117
Wow.....That was some reading....fun wouldnt be the word for it. I guess a ref did his job if both sides think he is working for the other....At least a few of the posters acknowledged that the stalling was a two way street in a lot more matches than the last one.....I still say if you want to get rid of stalling raise every weight class by 20 pounds and weigh in every day....not allowed to drop 3 pounds in a week....whatever you weigh is what you wrestle.....by the time these kids make weight they have enough energy for a couple of shots and that's it....they work out 6 hours a day but look gassed after 2 minutes....that's the effects of pulling weight....they are all in great shape just that pulling the weight effects people differently....I say weigh in should happen right before they wrestle and if they werent pulling the activity level would be infinitely greater
You can not pay me enough money to go to an opposing board particularly after they just lost. I would have to triple up on my BP meds and life is too short. The ref made good and bad calls each way but overall he did a good job. It is a judgement call at heavy weight. Using his 45 pound advantage Stoll was able to push us out repeatedly. I did not see any semblance of wrestling in these push out moves but that is my viewing it with subjective eyesight. It can be called either way but the good thing is we were able to convert two takedowns and so the better but not bigger wrestler won the match. Terry Brands is just plain loco IMO. He would complain if every call went his way. He apparently has rubbed off on Gilman. I believe in partisanship but I refuse to allow my orange colored glasses hide reality.

You can not pay me enough money to go to an opposing board particularly after they just lost. I would have to triple up on my BP meds and life is too short. The ref made good and bad calls each way but overall he did a good job. It is a judgement call at heavy weight. Using his 45 pound advantage Stoll was able to push us out repeatedly. I did not see any semblance of wrestling in these push out moves but that is my viewing it with subjective eyesight. It can be called either way but the good thing is we were able to convert two takedowns and so the better but not bigger wrestler won the match. Terry Brands is just plain loco IMO. He would complain if every call went his way. He apparently has rubbed off on Gilman. I believe in partisanship but I refuse to allow my orange colored glasses hide reality.

if it's freestyle push out call it a point

but this ain't freestyle and you add in subjectivity

schaefer was wrestling his ass off
stoll was doing blob style sumo stuff

crying about stall calls when the other guy is taking you down negates the discussion imo

brands is so out of his tree and off his meds emotional i don't know how he gets anything accomplished but losing his sh!t

It is the Iowa way. They home cook people so bad with the officiating in home duals that the tin foil hat fan base expects this even on the road. Stoll should have been hit for stalling over and over and they called it on the guy attacking legs. Iowa has some tough kids, but the old school push/push/snap/push/push style is stale and boring. Congrats Pokes on a good old fashioned butt whoopin'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT