ADVERTISEMENT

Solomon

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
I am very interested to see what happens with him under Coach U. The first step is going to be to determine if he will stay at OSU. I think it is likely he does. He is close to home and the only player on the roster over 6'8, which makes it almost assured that he will be a starter.

The only way I see him leaving would be if he is not ready to buy into the physical workload that Coach U requires from his players. His SFA players have said that they always looked forward to the games because the practices were so grueling. I have never met Mitch, so I don't know if he is a guy who enjoys working that hard. I think we can all see that he needs to get physically stronger, but we said the same thing 1 year ago, and I saw no evidence that it changed prior to his sophomore season. I have no way of knowing if that is on Mitch, on Ford, or if it simply was not realistic based on Mitch's genetics/body type.

If Coach U can make him physically stronger, I think he become a player next season. I think MS will really benefit from the coaching he is about to get and from Coach U's offensive system. I think we will see a big increase in his rebounding numbers simply due to Coach U putting more emphasis on them and coaching him on positioning/blocking out.

I believe that Mitch can be an above average mid-range jump shooter if he works on it and is in a system that gets him open jumpers. It will be interesting to see if this becomes part of his game under Coach U.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News