ADVERTISEMENT

So it begins libs the civil war now has a powder point.

I don't. Red states (like Texas and Wyoming) lead the country in the development of green energy deployment. We aren't against Wind Power. We aren't against Solar. We just recognize that a 10 year migration timeline is absurd and the demonization of fossil fuels in order to accelerate a transition to platforms that are not YET ready for that scale is asinine. Libs are the ones who are writing laws outlawing the sale of Combustion engine cars by 2035. Its the leftists who are screaming about rising oceans while buying multi-million dollar coastal properties. Its the leftists who are screaming about carbon footprints, while flying their private jets and 200 foot yachts to the resort towns where the choose to hold conferences on "green energy". Its the leftists who are gluing themselves to highways and runways to try to disrupt society, in the name of green energy. So yes, if the left acted like reasonable adults (such as DA's statement above), rather than petulant, hypocritical children on this issue, they'd get a LOT more support from the rest of us.
Hyperbole doesn't respect any political boundary and nuance in public discourse is dead. As an example "laws outlawing the sale of Combustion engine cars by 2035" mischaracterizes all but the most extreme proposals. I generally agree with your point.

I don't. Red states (like Texas and Wyoming) lead the country in the development of green energy deployment. We aren't against Wind Power. We aren't against Solar. We just recognize that a 10 year migration timeline is absurd and the demonization of fossil fuels in order to accelerate a transition to platforms that are not YET ready for that scale is asinine. Libs are the ones who are writing laws outlawing the sale of Combustion engine cars by 2035. Its the leftists who are screaming about rising oceans while buying multi-million dollar coastal properties. Its the leftists who are screaming about carbon footprints, while flying their private jets and 200 foot yachts to the resort towns where the choose to hold conferences on "green energy". Its the leftists who are gluing themselves to highways and runways to try to disrupt society, in the name of green energy. So yes, if the left acted like reasonable adults (such as DA's statement above), rather than petulant, hypocritical children on this issue, they'd get a LOT more support from the rest of us.
I'm sorry, but it beggars belief that support for climate action depends more on messaging hyperbole than identity or material interests.

Reactions: davidallen
Year 10 of a 100 year journey.

Whatever the market will bear. Decreased demand means more ability to cherry pick the most economical reserves.

Hydrogen over CH4. Of course CH4 is likely integral to scaled H production presuming the sequestration problem gets solved.
Don't you love it when @davidallen regales us with his vast knowledge of all things chemical and mechanical. How on earth did Google not see the infinite resource they had under contract and let him get away?

I'm sorry, but it beggars belief that support for climate action depends more on messaging hyperbole than identity or material interests.
Its all about the Benjamin's bub. I have been part of numerous teams putting together programs for companies all of the country. I have worked on creating pellet fuel from our diverted wood from the landfill. The customer loved the product and it worked great for them, but it cost 3 times as much. I was part of a team that produced off road diesel from methane that burns off of the landfill. (too expensive). Tulsa Quarry landfill helps provide methane gas to Lafarge via a pipeline we installed in 2009. There are a lot of projects like this but they are not cost effective in middle america. Land fill costs are about 30 per ton, it was 18 per ton in 2020. In 2020 my recycle costs (COST) was 58 per ton.

It is just a lot of labor for separation. I ran 80 plus people on my lines. The labor cost is just astronomical. 300k per month just for sorting labor. Did we get some back with our recyclables? Yes we did, but about 100 to 150 k depending on the metal sorted. The wood was ground and then turned to preen mulch in Miami, OK at Old Castle materials

Last edited:
Its all about the Benjamin's bub. I have been part of numerous teams putting together programs for companies all of the country. I have worked on creating pellet fuel from our diverted wood from the landfill. The customer loved the product and it worked great for them, but it cost 3 times as much. I was part of a team that produced off road diesel from methane that burns off of the landfill. (too expensive). Tulsa Quarry landfill helps provide methane gas to Lafarge via a pipeline we installed in 2009. There are a lot of projects like this but they are not cost effective in middle america. Land fill costs are about 30 per ton, it was 18 per ton in 2020. In 2020 my recycle costs (COST) was 58 per ton.

It is just a lot of labor for separation. I ran 80 plus people on my lines. The labor cost is just astronomical. 300k per month just for sorting labor. Did we get some back with our recyclables? Yes we did, but about 100 to 150 k depending on the metal sorted. The wood was ground and then turned to preen mulch in Miami, OK at Old Castle materials

The real world blows the mind of leftist.

Like I said, material interests

Reactions: davidallen
Like I said, material interests
Your funny. The material of interest at the end of the day is
depositphotos_60647815-stock-photo-dollar-bills-falling.jpg

Hyperbole doesn't respect any political boundary and nuance in public discourse is dead. As an example "laws outlawing the sale of Combustion engine cars by 2035" mischaracterizes all but the most extreme proposals. I generally agree with your point.
What hyperbole? Show me. Have you read California's new EO that outlaws the sale of new combustion engine cars in 2035. I WISH there was hyperbole in my post. BTW, I linked to the story on NBC, so there's no question about me using some right-wing spin website for my opinion.

Same question. What hyperbole? Please state which line item in my prior post isn't factual.

Btw, I also find it ironic you don't call out the hyperbole of the left. Unlike my statement above, Governor Newsome certainly can poetically wax hyperbole with the best of them.

“For too many decades, we have allowed cars to pollute the air that our children and families breathe,” Newsom said in a statement. “Californians shouldn’t have to worry if our cars are giving our kids asthma. Our cars shouldn’t make wildfires worse — and create more days filled with smoky air. Cars shouldn’t melt glaciers or raise sea levels threatening our cherished beaches and coastlines.”

Cars shouldn't melt glaciers? Nah, no hyperbole in use here.

What hyperbole? Show me. Have you read California's new EO that outlaws the sale of new combustion engine cars in 2035. I WISH there was hyperbole in my post. BTW, I linked to the story on NBC, so there's no question about me using some right-wing spin website for my opinion.

"New" as in nuance?

Same question. What hyperbole? Please state which line item in my prior post isn't factual.
You literally just wrote a decent length paragraph about the hyperbole you perceive from the left. That's the hyperbole I was referring to

Btw, I also find it ironic you don't call out the hyperbole of the left. Unlike my statement above, Governor Newsome certainly can poetically wax hyperbole with the best of them.

“For too many decades, we have allowed cars to pollute the air that our children and families breathe,” Newsom said in a statement. “Californians shouldn’t have to worry if our cars are giving our kids asthma. Our cars shouldn’t make wildfires worse — and create more days filled with smoky air. Cars shouldn’t melt glaciers or raise sea levels threatening our cherished beaches and coastlines.”

Cars shouldn't melt glaciers? Nah, no hyperbole in use here.
Cars cause global warming and global warming melts glaciers. No hyperbole there.

Last edited:
As proven by the negligible reduction in global warming trends even with 75% of the cars off the road during the first several months of the pandemic.
See. even Pilt agrees. Because we all know if he could have rebutted it with a Google link, he'd have done so.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT