ADVERTISEMENT

So funny

Dan took half nickel's shift this weekend. That's a true buddy.
What was said that is incorrect? Look, I’ve made no bones about preferring Trump over Harris. But nothing the coach said seemed to me to be incorrect. Here’s an opportunity for you to set the record straight. What did he say about Trump that was in error?

Wow! Not the time or place to say things like that. But now that he’s said it is there anything he said that was incorrect?
Hard to call a guy who was a billioinaire and world-wide celebrity long before he ran for president, a wanna-be. So that parts clearly incorrect. Which makes about 2/3rds of his entire rant based on a false premise. So yes. He said a lot that was incorrect.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
Lots of personal attacks. Acting like the type of person he is describing. Acting like a child who can’t get his way. Pop sounds like the wannabe.

Pop has always been a bully and an ass.

By the way, I don't think he's that great a coach. He's just been fortunate to have coached 2 generational talents in Tim Duncan and David Robinson, and is now coaching a 3rd potentially (and yet still can't win).

Edit: It hit me. Someone ought to setup a booth in-front the arena for the next Spurs game giving away MAGA hats.

By the way, I don't think he's that great a coach. He's just been fortunate to have coached 2 generational talents in Tim Duncan and David Robinson, and is now coaching a 3rd potentially (and yet still can't win).

Edit: It hit me. Someone ought to setup a booth in-front the arena for the next Spurs game giving away MAGA hats.
That’s brilliant!

Hard to call a guy who was a billioinaire and world-wide celebrity long before he ran for president, a wanna-be. So that parts clearly incorrect. Which makes about 2/3rds of his entire rant based on a false premise. So yes. He said a lot that was incorrect.
I interpreted his comment that Trump is called the “blue collar billionaire” for a reason. He’s crass and unread and never fit into the “cultured elite” crowd where he wanted to be accepted. His celebrity centers around an element of sleaze that he cultivated for decades. And in that regard I think the coach hit the nail on the head.

Lots of personal attacks. Acting like the type of person he is describing. Acting like a child who can’t get his way. Pop sounds like the wannabe.

Pop has always been a bully and an ass.
This has been the election politics for this cycle.

"Trump is bad because he disparages people so I'm going to disparage Trump and his supporters and then claim moral superiority."

One this is irony on a biblical scale. Second, moral superiority is a myth. It only works if everyone is working on the same moral standards and we left moral standards behind in the 1960s with the sexual revolution. Give me one American moral standard that is universal across the US. If you are truthful to yourself you will say I can't find one, which then leads you to realize why we have such a divide on our culture and leadership in today's society. The largest section of society that still has common standards would be Christians but that segment is no longer the majority in the US.

Reactions: squeak
The other thing is that Trump has been wildly successful in the business world and beyond. No offense to Pop, but he’s just a basketball coach. Trump was the president of the United States. What Trump has is so far superior to anything Pop has. Pop just embarrassed himself. It’s sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT