ADVERTISEMENT

Silicon Valley Bank Collapses

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
SVB plays a central role in the start-up economy of San Francisco. According to Bloomberg, it does business with about half of venture capital backed start up firms in the U.S.

First domino?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
SVB plays a central role in the start-up economy of San Francisco. According to Bloomberg, it does business with about half of venture capital backed start up firms in the U.S.

First domino?

San Francisco? More like North America. Is hope a strategy? Asking for a friend....

so no a ha moment?

where you realize what you voted for manifests directly in your financial life?

who knew long term treasury yield could kill a bank?

boog said inflation is captain america
not yesterday not last month

it will take your ccp/dnc destroying this great country to wake people up

conspiracy theorists are undefeated

so no a ha moment?

My man! 👍

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
so no a ha moment?

You've put a nice bow on that simple little package.

Good news is we got all four through. Payroll will run. New lines of credit are opened. Cash will flow.

Bad news is there too but we will work through that.

Shades of Penn Square.

Don't understand how this happened.
A mix of bad decisions, bad timing, and emotional decision making.

There will be some ugly stories in the coming weeks about who knew what when. I'm no expert but I would suspect some DOJ activity on a couple of fronts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syskatine
In spite of how often we have clashed I want you to know I’m sincerely sorry if you’ve suffered a loss.
Thanks.

We had no direct relationships with SVB. Though some companies we have invested in did.

We have one founder who wept at what the impact might be for their firm. We helped plug the immediate holes.

For another the immediate impact to their personal net worth is low 8 figures as an imminent liquidity event will be postponed. Our firm and investors will have to wait for the dust to settle as well.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
You've put a nice bow on that simple little package.

Good news is we got all four through. Payroll will run. New lines of credit are opened. Cash will flow.

Bad news is there too but we will work through that.

it is very simple

no need for the spin ccp/dnc spin cycle

No big deal, the Biden administration says everything is fine.

we-got-this-boiling-frog.gif

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
We have one founder who wept at what the impact might be for their firm. We helped plug the immediate holes.

they wept over money?

have them send me an email so i can help with their perspective

seriously

they wept over money?

have them send me an email so i can help with their perspective

seriously
They wept over not being able to pay their 25 employees and putting their families at risk. I think they have a fine perspective. Have you ever struggled to make payroll boog?

• Sad
Reactions: AC2020
They wept over not being able to pay their 25 employees and putting their families at risk. I think they have a fine perspective. Have you ever struggled to make payroll boog?

tough financial situation

their families are not at risk
stop there

Yea I remember not taking a penny out of the business for almost 2 years under the Obama administration to meet the payroll of my employees. The infuriating part of if is the whole time the Obama Administration and Democrats kept calling me greedy and telling me I didn't build anything.

Yea I remember not taking a penny out of the business for almost 2 years under the Obama administration to meet the payroll of my employees.
This is the way.
The infuriating part of if is the whole time the Obama Administration and Democrats kept calling me greedy and telling me I didn't build anything.
I wouldn't expect yore jimmies to be so easily rustled.

Wept? You’ve gotta be kidding! Are you making this shit up?
Can you imagine the frustration of busting ass for 6 months to get a funding round closed that secures an additional year of runway and then waking up a week later to find out that you can't run payroll because your bank locked the doors.

Can you imagine the frustration of busting ass for 6 months to get a funding round closed that secures an additional year of runway and then waking up a week later to find out that you can't run payroll because your bank locked the doors.
No but I can imagine the frustration my dad had after busting his ass for over 15 years only to wake up one morning and find his, along with many others, funding gone. He didn’t weep about it. Put his boots on and busted his ass to get it back. Penn Square kicked him and many others right in the nuts. There’s no crying baseball or elections David.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
No but I can imagine the frustration my dad had after busting his ass for over 15 years only to wake up one morning and find his, along with many others, funding gone. He didn’t weep about it. Put his boots on and busted his ass to get it back. Penn Square kicked him and many others right in the nuts. There’s no crying baseball or elections David.
Someone should be held accountable though brother. Folks were robbed.

Reactions: colcord
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT