ADVERTISEMENT

Session 6

No. Nobody cared because the victims were OkieState fans and they got what they deserved. Probably liked it.

PS. If PSU played OSU in football you would be crying about Sandusky after that game/butt kicking too.

Penn State had a very good year this year and so I don't doubt a very tough game but if we really want to analyze a potential matchup there was one common opponent...

How did that Pitt game end up for you guys?

What PSU allowed to happen to those Children and turned a blind eye to is unforgivable period. I will never ever root for that school in anything. You don't get to Molest children then act like people should not remind you of it every day that You're School allowed it for years then tried to hide it. So go F off with your be about Class Bs you PSU loser
Wow sore losers much. Believe what you will but seems like you guys have an unhealthy fascination with a pedophile and no respect for victims of these Scum by using it as a weapon. I understand some of you won't understand so I typed slowly.

Wow sore losers much. Believe what you will but seems like you guys have an unhealthy fascination with a pedophile and no respect for victims of these Scum by using it as a weapon. I understand some of you won't understand so I typed slowly.

You pretentious pricks still, don't, get it! What occurred there and was covered up is the bottom of the rung stuff. Even prisoners despise child rapists. AND the guy that covered up got a statue.

If you want to cheer for PSU, the rape of pre-teens and circumstantial cover up of that rape is something you are going to have to deal with.

Most Penn State alums I've spoken too go out of there way to defend the enablers and attack the victims. I read the Penn State boards as the revelations came to light and they were absolutely disgusting. The sentiment ran at least 95% that way. I have no idea if you were one of those but chances are around 19 out of 20 you were.

Congrats on another natty. Cael is a tremendous coach and you guys are far and away currently the elite program in the country.

The sentiment ran at least 95% that way. I have no idea if you were one of those but chances are around 19 out of 20 you were.

Are you saying the exact same thing twice or are you just showing off your math skills?? 19/20 = 95%

Either way, that's some mighty fine book-learning!!

Congrats on another natty. Cael is a tremendous coach and you guys are far and away currently the elite program in the country.

Too bad their fans are so classless to come on our board pounding their chests and patting themselves on the back.

Are you saying the exact same thing twice or are you just showing off your math skills?? 19/20 = 95%

Either way, that's some mighty fine book-learning!!

I'll take that to mean you are part of the 95% of PSU alums who supported a child rapist and those who enabled him to perform those acts. You've read your boards. You know exactly what and who I'm talking about. Your fan base has issues. Again...congrats on the wrestling.

Reactions: driad
I don't see what the two have to do with each other. This is a wrestling board. No sense in ruining it by insulting a couple idiots who come here to prove their self worth by bragging. I haven't seen a whole bunch of their fans supporting what happened, but maybe I have seen a different class of fan than have posted in this thread. Just click the ignore button and they go away.

My opinion only, not shared by moderators or others.

When it comes to child rape I don't give a crap about sports! You are a sick sob to laugh about it.

LOL. YOu have been making jokes the whole thread and then when someone shoves it back in your face you get all upset.

I don't see what the two have to do with each other. This is a wrestling board. No sense in ruining it by insulting a couple idiots who come here to prove their self worth by bragging. I haven't seen a whole bunch of their fans supporting what happened, but maybe I have seen a different class of fan than have posted in this thread. Just click the ignore button and they go away.

My opinion only, not shared by moderators or others.

1. Correct. You did not see a bunch of their fans supporting what happened.
2. Nobody was bragging. I did not even post until AFTER a couple of your fans who were sore losers start crying about Sandusky and Pedo U. Next year after nationals you will be crying about Sandusky again.

Most Penn State alums I've spoken too go out of there way to defend the enablers and attack the victims. I read the Penn State boards as the revelations came to light and they were absolutely disgusting. The sentiment ran at least 95% that way. I have no idea if you were one of those but chances are around 19 out of 20 you were.

There was no cover up. There was very little info and most people did not know anything about it. The people that had little bits of info did not believe it. The victims were OSU fans and probably enjoyed their time with Sandusky so most did not come forward until after the fact.

If PSU officials had simply passed the limited info they had on to any police dept then PSU would have been totally in the clear and the results would not have changed.

There was no cover up. There was very little info and most people did not know anything about it. The people that had little bits of info did not believe it. The victims were OSU fans and probably enjoyed their time with Sandusky so most did not come forward until after the fact.

If PSU officials had simply passed the limited info they had on to any police dept then PSU would have been totally in the clear and the results would not have changed.

"HARRISBURG, Pa. — Two former Penn State administrators admitted Monday to mishandling child-sex allegations against Jerry Sandusky, pleading guilty more than five years after the scandal rocked the university and led to the downfall of football coach Joe Paterno.

Tim Curley, a 62-year-old former athletic director, and Gary Schultz, 67, a one-time vice president, could get up to five years in prison for misdemeanor child endangerment. No sentencing date was set.

They struck a deal in which prosecutors dropped three felony charges of child endangerment and conspiracy that carried up to seven years each.

Former Penn State President Graham Spanier, 68, was also charged in the scandal, and the case against him appears to be moving forward, with jury selection set for next week. His lawyers and the lead prosecutor had no comment.

The three administrators handled a 2001 complaint by a graduate assistant who said he saw Sandusky, a retired member of the coaching staff, sexually abusing a boy in a team shower. They failed in their legal duty by not reporting the matter to police or child welfare authorities, prosecutors said.

As a result, prosecutors said, Sandusky went on to abuse more boys, one of them in the Penn State showers.

Sandusky was not arrested until a decade later. He was convicted in 2012 of molesting 10 boys and is serving 30 to 60 years behind bars.

Shortly after Sandusky’s arrest, Paterno was fired over his handling of the matter. Paterno, one of the winningest coaches in college football history, died of lung cancer a few months later at 85. He was never charged with a crime.

A report commissioned by the university and conducted by former FBI Director Louis Freeh concluded that the beloved coach and the three others hushed up the allegations against Sandusky for fear of bad publicity."

High ranking Administrators and the head coach "hush up allegations for fear of bad publicity" ....THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A COVER-UP. This will be my last post on this topic as this is a wrestling board. The story I copied speaks for itself.

Now you are just being an ass. Trying to make a joke out of who the victims were? Most were little kids...

You are incorrect that if people had passed the info on, PSU would be in the clear. Liability might be less, but still there-and would still be a big number. And even if it stopped just ONE event, that is one kid's life that didn't get ruined. That would be important, don't you think? If not, you must be one of the supporters.

But, all that said, neither PSU wrestlers or PSU wrestling coaches were involved. So take it to the football board, or pervert board, or anywhere but here.

What PSU allowed to happen to those Children and turned a blind eye to is unforgivable period. I will never ever root for that school in anything. You don't get to Molest children then act like people should not remind you of it every day that You're School allowed it for years then tried to hide it. So go F off with your be about Class Bs you PSU loser
FU2

I do not understand this whole thing. I believe any one on this board concedes we got our butt kicked as did the rest of the field. Congrats to the five national champions, the coaches and the Penn State fans. I find it hard to understand why you feel the need to come here and start a fight. Your wrestlers seem to be all gentlemen so I suggest you represent "your" team in the same manner.

Reactions: Kingk0ng

I've enjoyed reading this site for years but have never posted. It's unfortunate that my first post is about pedophile Sandusky and his many depraved enablers.

I grew up in Stillwater and wrestled all through elementary school. My father taught at OSU and Cowboy wrestlers helped coach the local youth program. We never missed a home match. Worst day of my life was moving to NJ just before Jr. high. After high school, I ended up at PSU. Great school and I was a fan of all their sports, except wrestling, where I was forever tied to OSU.

Anyway, when the Sandusky house of horrors was finally exposed, and the university did everything they could to cover up the flagrant abuse -- including placing the athletic program over the well-being of the most innocent and vulnerable members of the human race -- I ended all ties with PSU. I even wrote to them several times demanding every penny back that I had donated over the years. The responses I received mirrored your experience on the boards. The university, it's management, and the alumni association, to my shock, defended the enablers and attacked the victims. I am still dumbfounded to this day by their position. The facts speak for themselves. The football program should have been shut down and everyone who knew, including JoePa, should have been held accountable. Graham Spanier is the worst kind of scum. He represents everything that is wrong with society today. Like Sandusky, he has a special place in hell waiting for him. That people still defend these lowlifes here, or anywhere, is a sad commentary on their lack of character and upbringing.

Sanderson has created a dynasty at PSU that we couldn't have even dreamed of back in the 70's. Watching their style of wrestling is exciting in a way that could help save the sport. For that they deserve credit and Kudos. Unfortunately, far too many taint the good by refusing to accept the horrific and recent past.

Just my humble opinion, fwiw. That is all.

I find it hard to understand why you feel the need to come here and start a fight. Your wrestlers seem to be all gentlemen so I suggest you represent "your" team in the same manner.
That's bullcrap Oberebo. It started with Chase Pollard middle of last week against me and others. I come to opposing boards to talk wrestling and not have nonsense spewed at me by the village idiot. I turned the other cheek for the most part. If you don't want a food fight on your board, police your own because those who don't turn the other cheek will be along shortly. As is the case here. There is no reason under the sun for pedophilia discussion to occur on a wrestling forum. None. Wrestling wasn't involved, and no one I know condones it. So leave it in the trash can where it belongs.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Bobpsu thank you for proving my point.
I would carry deep anger also if I supported a School who supported and protected Child molestors and then tried to hide it even when they Their cover was blown.

That's bullcrap Oberebo. It started with Chase Pollard middle of last week against me and others. I come to opposing boards to talk wrestling and not have nonsense spewed at me by the village idiot. I turned the other cheek for the most part. If you don't want a food fight on your board, police your own because those who don't turn the other cheek will be along shortly. As is the case here. There is no reason under the sun for pedophilia discussion to occur on a wrestling forum. None. Wrestling wasn't involved, and no one I know condones it. So leave it in the trash can where it belongs.

No, it started with your senseless defense of the Suriano situation. Which obviously shows a character trait with your fanbase.

Now, you are blaming me for the viewpoint that I share with many on that issue...actually most "others" outside of PSU fans.

As for the made for TV university that you so proudly support...get used to it! That will be the calling card until we are dead and gone! It didn't have to be that way...but PSU is/was obviously more important than little boys innocence. Must be a PSU thing to place blame and not own up to mistakes?

Reactions: Wrassler17
You are a complete dope.

Luckily, for all concerned I do not "police" this board..I had not reviewed the back and forth on this before I posted. I would agree with you that "you", meaning all Penn State fans were attacked unfairly. Chase has a right to his opinions but he will get no agreement from me. I liken this attack to the attack on Catholics(of which I am one) when people attacked my Religion based on the actions of a very low % of priests who violated all morals, laws etc. to prey on innocent young victims.The actions of those few did not define my Religion nor should the actions of one man define your university. I did not condone defenders of any of these priests or their Bishops, who in many cases compounded the sins of the priest by sweeping them under the rug.
Back to wrestling. There is a forum for pediophiles but it is not this board. I respect the coaches, wrestlers and fans of Penn State and they had a well deserved victory. I think as highly charged fans we sometimes are quick to denigrate the wrestler or the coach out of a sense of envy and disappointment we are feeling. I am not speaking of Chase in particular but fans in general. In this instance however you were goaded into profanity by your sense of injustice and I see your point. I only read the last of your posts and judged you unfairly. I am not apologizing for any one else on the board. That is up to them.

I've enjoyed reading this site for years but have never posted. It's unfortunate that my first post is about pedophile Sandusky and his many depraved enablers.

I grew up in Stillwater and wrestled all through elementary school. My father taught at OSU and Cowboy wrestlers helped coach the local youth program. We never missed a home match. Worst day of my life was moving to NJ just before Jr. high. After high school, I ended up at PSU. Great school and I was a fan of all their sports, except wrestling, where I was forever tied to OSU.

Anyway, when the Sandusky house of horrors was finally exposed, and the university did everything they could to cover up the flagrant abuse -- including placing the athletic program over the well-being of the most innocent and vulnerable members of the human race -- I ended all ties with PSU. I even wrote to them several times demanding every penny back that I had donated over the years. The responses I received mirrored your experience on the boards. The university, it's management, and the alumni association, to my shock, defended the enablers and attacked the victims. I am still dumbfounded to this day by their position. The facts speak for themselves. The football program should have been shut down and everyone who knew, including JoePa, should have been held accountable. Graham Spanier is the worst kind of scum. He represents everything that is wrong with society today. Like Sandusky, he has a special place in hell waiting for him. That people still defend these lowlifes here, or anywhere, is a sad commentary on their lack of character and upbringing.

Sanderson has created a dynasty at PSU that we couldn't have even dreamed of back in the 70's. Watching their style of wrestling is exciting in a way that could help save the sport. For that they deserve credit and Kudos. Unfortunately, far too many taint the good by refusing to accept the horrific and recent past.

Just my humble opinion, fwiw. That is all.
Great post.

Reactions: oberebo
Luckily, for all concerned I do not "police" this board..I had not reviewed the back and forth on this before I posted. I would agree with you that "you", meaning all Penn State fans were attacked unfairly. Chase has a right to his opinions but he will get no agreement from me. I liken this attack to the attack on Catholics(of which I am one) when people attacked my Religion based on the actions of a very low % of priests who violated all morals, laws etc. to prey on innocent young victims.The actions of those few did not define my Religion nor should the actions of one man define your university. I did not condone defenders of any of these priests or their Bishops, who in many cases compounded the sins of the priest by sweeping them under the rug.
Back to wrestling. There is a forum for pediophiles but it is not this board. I respect the coaches, wrestlers and fans of Penn State and they had a well deserved victory. I think as highly charged fans we sometimes are quick to denigrate the wrestler or the coach out of a sense of envy and disappointment we are feeling. I am not speaking of Chase in particular but fans in general. In this instance however you were goaded into profanity by your sense of injustice and I see your point. I only read the last of your posts and judged you unfairly. I am not apologizing for any one else on the board. That is up to them.
If only more people thought like you Obe this world would be a better place : )

Wrestlers, former wrestlers, coaches and fans have always been a special fraternity of brothers and sisters. We all have our school, we all love our school and we all love our own team. To diminish these truths with aspersions toward each other is counterproductive and only begins to break a unique bond we all share, witness our current political discourse. What happened at Penn State teaches us that evil lurks in every corner and is unacceptable in our society, without reservation. These are just my thoughts as I read this thread. Good luck on the recruiting trail and good luck next year.

So you don't agree that Cael leaving Suriano on the bracket as "bush league" and/or taking a dream from a kid that could have Wrestled in the dance? That is what started the discussion. If you don't agree there, I guess that is that.

I am not a Cael or PSU hater. You don't have to agree that their fanbase lacks morals when in defense of their Program, that is your freedom. Also, that is what I was pointing out. The defense that came to the front when the Sandusky news hit was alarming to me. The only thing that makes it worse than what Baylor has been doing is that it involved little kids. Studies will show that sexual abuse creates sexual abusers and that is scary to think about considering the numbers that may have been affected. To defend that is repulsive! Like I mentioned in many posts, there are several posters/friends that are PSU fans and I do not feel this way about them. However, the majority has shown to defend it and it is sickening. I should also add, it seems the majority of the Wrestling fanbase doesn't defend it. They shouldn't have to, and I actually feel bad for them having to be associated with it. Defending the Suriano situation, while NOT sick, is sad and expected.

If it were your son that missed his dream from the situation, you might share my opinion? I mean really, its not like they needed his points anyway. AND for the record; I love watching PSU guys! They are good for the sport!

Reactions: osuind and driad
So you don't agree that Cael leaving Suriano on the bracket as "bush league" and/or taking a dream from a kid that could have Wrestled in the dance? That is what started the discussion. If you don't agree there, I guess that is that.

I am not a Cael or PSU hater. You don't have to agree that their fanbase lacks morals when in defense of their Program, that is your freedom. Also, that is what I was pointing out. The defense that came to the front when the Sandusky news hit was alarming to me. The only thing that makes it worse than what Baylor has been doing is that it involved little kids. Studies will show that sexual abuse creates sexual abusers and that is scary to think about considering the numbers that may have been affected. To defend that is repulsive! Like I mentioned in many posts, there are several posters/friends that are PSU fans and I do not feel this way about them. However, the majority has shown to defend it and it is sickening. I should also add, it seems the majority of the Wrestling fanbase doesn't defend it. They shouldn't have to, and I actually feel bad for them having to be associated with it. Defending the Suriano situation, while NOT sick, is sad and expected.

If it were your son that missed his dream from the situation, you might share my opinion? I mean really, its not like they needed his points anyway. AND for the record; I love watching PSU guys! They are good for the sport!
Chase, I was not defending Cael and actually I do not know the situation with Suriano and expect neither do you. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was hoping that his 125 pounder would be able to wrestle up to the last minute. However my problem is linking this to the football situation at Penn State. If you could show that Cael or any of his wrestlers or coaches defended or covered up for Sandusky then you might have a case but calling out a whole group for what Sandusky or his defenders did at Penn State is just wrong in my opinion. I have no quarrel with you and I enjoy your posts, just not this particular thread. Even if Cael knew that Suriano could not wrestle (and I do not know that) it would not equate to calling Penn State wrestling as "Pedo State". One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Reactions: osuind
Chase, I was not defending Cael and actually I do not know the situation with Suriano and expect neither do you. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was hoping that his 125 pounder would be able to wrestle up to the last minute. However my problem is linking this to the football situation at Penn State. If you could show that Cael or any of his wrestlers or coaches defended or covered up for Sandusky then you might have a case but calling out a whole group for what Sandusky or his defenders did at Penn State is just wrong in my opinion. I have no quarrel with you and I enjoy your posts, just not this particular thread. Even if Cael knew that Suriano could not wrestle (and I do not know that) it would not equate to calling Penn State wrestling as "Pedo State". One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

I would agree that I might not have worded things to draw into the Sandusky situation...but I still can't get over how that fanbase defended it. But, I do feel that the PSU Wrestling community avoids defending it, for the most part. Either way, it might not should have gone there.

On Suriano, I don't know for a fact, but I know that they were hoping for fast improvement after the Big10s and it was apparent that wasn't happening. He should've made the call when the other coaches made the call. IMO, there should be a rule in place to penalize a team that has an injured qualifier that doesn't withdraw by a certain date. If the date is passed, team points are taken.

Its hard to tell tone, but I'm not upset at the board elder. You have a right to your opinion and I enjoy reading them. I do want to make something clear. I have not referred to PSU as anything but that in over a year, its actually something I am very conscious about, simply because I said, "you want hear that from me ever again." Due to that simple phrase, you won't hear it from me. So, you may be lumping some of my posts with other posters?

I would agree that I might not have worded things to draw into the Sandusky situation...but I still can't get over how that fanbase defended it. But, I do feel that the PSU Wrestling community avoids defending it, for the most part. Either way, it might not should have gone there.

On Suriano, I don't know for a fact, but I know that they were hoping for fast improvement after the Big10s and it was apparent that wasn't happening. He should've made the call when the other coaches made the call. IMO, there should be a rule in place to penalize a team that has an injured qualifier that doesn't withdraw by a certain date. If the date is passed, team points are taken.

Its hard to tell tone, but I'm not upset at the board elder. You have a right to your opinion and I enjoy reading them. I do want to make something clear. I have not referred to PSU as anything but that in over a year, its actually something I am very conscious about, simply because I said, "you want hear that from me ever again." Due to that simple phrase, you won't hear it from me. So, you may be lumping some of my posts with other posters?
As they say, "upon further review", although you did "like" a post by OSU dog about Penn State being child molesters your only other comment linked them to child molesters when you stated "even prisoners despise child molesters and the guy that covered it up got a statue" All of the posts about "Pedo U" came from Cowboy Medic and he called them that in all five of his posts about their national champions. There was back and forth on both sides and Zwick indicated that the victims were OSU fans "who got what they deserved". Albeit PSU had already been attacked. Chase you alluded to the child molester issue but you did not call them "Pedo State". I apologize for that but again one has nothing to do with the other. Ironic that the big offender appears to be "Cowboy Medic" who made the claim that this was an OSU board. Funny, I do not recall many posts by him on this board but 5 straight references from him about "Pedo State". I just think we can be rivals without resorting to name calling.
Peace be with you Chase!

So you don't agree that Cael leaving Suriano on the bracket as "bush league" and/or taking a dream from a kid that could have Wrestled in the dance? That is what started the discussion. If you don't agree there, I guess that is that.!
I think it's a bush league move, but for different reasons than you. I don't think it was "taking a dream from a kid who could have wrestled in the dance". Let's be honest, we're talking about the 34th ranked kid that would have received an invite to the tournament, not a top ten wrestler. The kid is probably barely above .500 or so. He didn't actually qualify...he was going to have to rely on an injury to get invited to his "dream". And unless he is a senior, he can wrestle harder next year and try to qualify. I have a lot less sympathy for a guy in that scenario, which is the more likely scenario.

Nah Micco, I'm visioning a senior that's had hard luck. Maybe because that fits my narrative.

I think it's a bush league move, but for different reasons than you. I don't think it was "taking a dream from a kid who could have wrestled in the dance". Let's be honest, we're talking about the 34th ranked kid that would have received an invite to the tournament, not a top ten wrestler. The kid is probably barely above .500 or so. He didn't actually qualify...he was going to have to rely on an injury to get invited to his "dream". And unless he is a senior, he can wrestle harder next year and try to qualify. I have a lot less sympathy for a guy in that scenario, which is the more likely scenario.

For some context, the two wrestlers who were added to the field after injured wrestlers withdrew, Chase Delande (Edinboro) and Cash Wilcke (Iowa), both won their first round matches, combined to go 5-4 and Wilcke made the round of 12, losing 7-6 in his match to become an All-American.

Reactions: cowboychuck
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT