ADVERTISEMENT

Session 2 Results

leroyjethrogibbs

Commitment
Jul 16, 2012

The second round of championship competition and first-round of wrestlebacks begin Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Fans can watch the action live on ESPNU and online on ESPN3. Brackets can be found on Trackwrestling and FloWrestling.

Last edited:
I never saw a final score for Preston Weigel’s evening match. Last I saw, he was leading. Help, please.

Something wrong with Gfeller...he had a leg twice on potential reversals in this match and just let go both times. Broken hand?

Something wrong with Gfeller...he had a leg twice on potential reversals in this match and just let go both times. Broken hand?
Rib injury...hasn't been the same since northern iowa. With that said, his performance is similar to Eddie Klimara a few years ago. He looked lethargic and disinterested. He didn't even take a shot the entire day.

Rib injury...hasn't been the same since northern iowa. With that said, his performance is similar to Eddie Klimara a few years ago. He looked lethargic and disinterested. He didn't even take a shot the entire day.

Yea hate that he isn't healthy. That's a kid he majors a few months ago.

G won the Big 12 and today he lost to the 26 and 23 seed. I don't know how bad he was hurt but he performed very poorly today. Degan who he beat in the Big 12 finals is in the semi's. Joe Smith won but wrestled miserably. He seems to know it because when he left the mat you would swear he looked like he lost the match.
If that is the case we made a horrible decision not giving him 2 or 3 weeks to recover.

Reactions: osuind and driad
Or G watches from the bench, Kaid is still wrestling tomorrow. Don’t know if you noticed or not, but G just went two and out.

Or G watches from the bench, Kaid is still wrestling tomorrow. Don’t know if you noticed or not, but G just went two and out.

Sure. I hope either performs a heck of a lot better than what we saw at 141 all season.

G isn't healthy so I can't ignore how he performed this year up a weight when healthy. Kaid beating out G at 141 next year would be a very good thing for us.

As does a healthy G down at his natural weight. Kaid watches from the sideline next year unless he gets back to his best.

Ok that's nice....assuming he can beat kaid in a ranking match, which he hasn't so.....its kinda a moot point.

I expected G’s results today, it was like he hit the freshman wall after hurting him ribs. Jacobs is the biggest disappointment today. I thought he had a chance to be in the final four but he wrestled scared today and he won’t last long tomorrow.

Reactions: BrettOSU17
I just don’t think kaid is a 41 pounder. Who knows about next yr. stuff that works at 33 for him doesn’t at 41 w noticeably bigger, stronger guys.

Ok that's nice....assuming he can beat kaid in a ranking match, which he hasn't so.....its kinda a moot point.

Im familiar with who (Kaid) wins in the room but I bet G would have outplaced him at both open tournaments they were set to wreslte at prior to Boo getting injured.

It’s not injuries. I was told three things at the start of the year....Kaid had a girlfriend and wasn’t the mat rat he’d been before, Boo was seriously injured and no matter what was said about him returning it was not likely to be a good outcome, and that Joe had been caught doing certain things party wise that, let’s say, leads to weight gain. The cover of a nagging injury was to let him try to shape up mentally and physically....maybe even considered an unofficial suspension.

He screwed us from the start by leaving us high and dry at 157. He didn’t lose weight timely. The injury situation just played into excuses. We should have had Chandler at 165, Jacobe at 174 or 184, his choice, and Joe wrestle Geer For 184 if Jacobe chose 174. Then he only would have had to pull 20-30pounds instead of 40+. Instead we bent over backwards to accommodate Joe. This is what you get.

Gfeller needs to grow up. Hopefully his crap showing gives him some humility.

Last edited:
I expected G’s results today, it was like he hit the freshman wall after hurting him ribs. Jacobs is the biggest disappointment today. I thought he had a chance to be in the final four but he wrestled scared today and he won’t last long tomorrow.
I didn't get to see Jacobe's match tonight. The NCAA rassle blog said that Jacobe was ahead 3-1, but that a "wacky call" at the end of the second period gave Labriola a takedown and 2-point turn. Did anyone here see it?

Im familiar with who (Kaid) wins in the room but I bet G would have outplaced him at both open tournaments they were set to wreslte at prior to Boo getting injured.

interesting thought process

i’d say the same at 65 for this tourney

Reactions: lincolnhs
I didn't get to see Jacobe's match tonight. The NCAA rassle blog said that Jacobe was ahead 3-1, but that a "wacky call" at the end of the second period gave Labriola a takedown and 2-point turn. Did anyone here see it?

looked legit to me

only thing wacky was jacobe quitting on his position and getting reversed and turned

Reactions: CowboyTanker
All I know for certain is that we have four high quality wrestlers who will likely all be in the semis. It’s a shame we can’t piece together six other wrestlers and earn a place of the podium as a team (assuming we don’t). Last season was dissappointing. This year might be worse when all is said and done.

Reactions: osuind

sure....guess we'll have to wait til next year. Maybe G can get it done in the room against brock. Sure as hell isn't a lock he wins a job next year...if not, he's riding the bench unless Fix takes an olympic redshirt or Boo can't wrestle due to injury.

I doubt Boo makes it back successfully. Those who would know pretty much knew this last attempt wouldn’t work out. Sucks as he’s a great kid. G has great talent but needs to set the cool breeze attitude aside. It’s no surprise why the 4 high seeds are there. Along with Boo, they bust their ass.

I doubt Boo makes it back successfully. Those who would know pretty much knew this last attempt wouldn’t work out. Sucks as he’s a great kid. G has great talent but needs to set the cool breeze attitude aside. It’s no surprise why the 4 high seeds are there. Along with Boo, they bust their ass.

well said...boo is such a good kid. If he can make a go at it one more time, i wish him a healthy senior year

Kaid, Jacobe and G don’t look good today.
Kaid put himself in this situation with a bad regular season showing thus resulted in a crap seed for his talent level
Jacobe needs to finish his periods better.
G didn’t take a shot and looked like he didn’t give a shit.
Joe Joe needs to do a better job next year on his weight control . He has zero Gas in the 3rd

Not only is Boo a great kid, I think he would have been up for a title as an upperclassman if he had a healthy career.

interesting thought process

i’d say the same at 65 for this tourney

Both are extremly talented yet frustratingly inconsistent wrestlers which isn't the case with Kaid and G.

Both were going to be long shots to AA based on seeds but yea it's a fair point. I don't think they expected the family tragedy the weekend of the big 12s which ultimately hurt the seeding for us at 165.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT