ADVERTISEMENT

Sensible change to prevent mass school shootings

No idea. Just wondered if anyone was interested in compromise. You are the only one so far. Aside from myself.
Sorry, I shouldn't have to give up my 2nd Amendment rights just to expect the government to follow the (immigration) laws that IT passed. If the government doesn't like the laws regarding securing our border, then change them, but until that happens, the government should be following the laws to the letter.

No idea. Just wondered if anyone was interested in compromise. You are the only one so far. Aside from myself.
I listed my areas of compromise on gun control earlier in the thread, I would not trade immigration for gun control, and prefer to deal with each issue as they are. You are offering a non-starter. If you are truly interested in compromise then find common ground and don't trade issue for issue. What you are offering is a trade not compromise.

Reactions: windriverrange
We should not pass anymore laws until we enforce the laws we already have. I was willling to trade some potential compromises in exchange for closing the border.

Then it occurred to me. We have laws in place to have a secure a border and they are not enforced. Why should we have to beg for laws to be enforced? Oh, and the summer of burn, loot, and murder? Our VP helped get them out with bail.

We have an admin that released the dogs of the DOJ on moms attending school Board meetings and called them domestic terrorists. The implications of this far worse than any lack of gun laws. Maybe the DOJ should be looking for mass shooters.

We have past and current Presidents that somehow have the power of the pen. We do not elect kings. How is this legal? The Prez should only sign bills that is passed by Congress or vetos them. It has to be stopped.

We are a country that now selectively chooses what laws to enforce. Any gun laws passed? Next Prez just tells the DOJ to back off if he wants. Or get out his pen.

Our local and fed government has pushed defunding police, calling them racist, forced bias training, being told white nationalism is our greatest threat and being taught about white anger, and getting them to stand down while properly is destroyed, people raped, and killed. Entire police stations burned down.
City blocks invaded and occupied for weeks. People like Rittenhouse took to the street to do the job of the police.

It all lead to this:

Nope, screw anymore laws. No more laws until all DA’s, Judges, and LE, enforces the laws we already have.

That is my compromise position before we talk about gun laws. Stop the cultural rot first, support LE and enforce all of our laws.

All lives matter. All personal property matters. The morale, motivation, leadership, funding, and type of training LE gets matters.

Laws are promises to society, show us you can keep your current promises.

Last edited:
The last year that I could find data for Pakistan was 2019. The murder rate was 3.8 per 100,000 people. The murder rate for the USA in the same time period was 5.0. Not a huge difference.

No idea if honor killings are included in the Pakistan data.
When you compare a third world country with the most developed country in the world you are honoring us. There are so many things wrong in Pakistan that I cannot even count. Just recently the elected was thrown out by buying few members of their party and the blame of the change is falling on the US for Pakistan attempting to follow an independent foreign policy.
You call yourselves civilized well we haven't had as many honor killings here as mass shooting in the US, think before you post. I am talking about this year.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
When you compare a third world country with the most developed country in the world you are honoring us. There are so many things wrong in Pakistan that I cannot even count. Just recently the elected was thrown out by buying few members of their party and the blame of the change is falling on the US for Pakistan attempting to follow an independent foreign policy.
You call yourselves civilized well we haven't had as many honor killings here as mass shooting in the US, think before you post. I am talking about this year.
You obviously haven't been to the US recently. The Biden administration has turned us into a third world country, so the comparison is appropriate. Again with your recent elections, not my fault I voted for the other guy. As for civilized, this administration is changing that, so there is that going for you. The comparison to killings made me laugh.

I always think before I post. I don’t recall ever calling myself civilized. Others can judge for themselves.

Seems like a good idea to blame the US for everything wrong in Pakistan.

Do you have year-to-date honor killing numbers In Pakistan?

I always think before I post. I don’t recall ever calling myself civilized. Others can judge for themselves.

Seems like a good idea to blame the US for everything wrong in Pakistan.

Do you have year-to-date honor killing numbers In Pakistan?
I agree with you that you never called yourself civilized.
Honor killings happens in every country of the world. I have read about killings in the US when a husband kills his wife for cheating or vice versa.
Again for it to disappear in Pakistan we need an education revolution which is not happening soon.
As far as us involved in everything bad happening in Pakistan I have no proof of it but I do know how many people us needs to buy in our military and civilian establishment not many.
Has US ever been involved in attempting to bring a regime changes in countries history is full of these.
Read history and think before you post

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
It happened once several years ago by AL qaida remember them they blew up some buildings in NY.
To say silly things in argument is the way Trump does it and has become right wing wsuy insult and say silly things instead of an rational logical discussion.
Mass shhoting is happening in your country every month consider something simple like it may have something to do with availability of guns. This is your starting point.

And yet you are the one that suggested American Kids should wear "bullet proof vests and headgear in School."
Might wanna check your own posts for silly content before you accuse others of it Punjab.

And for the record I don't see anything silly about 132 children dying in a School in Pakistan be it one time or 100 times yet you make light of it and reference Trump. Rent free Punjab, Rent Free.

I think the most interesting/baffling thing I find about gun-control people is how you find the accessibility of guns to mad men who willfully use them to engage in mass murder more troubling than the fact there are seemingly more mad men out there willfully engaging in mass murder. It seems you think by concentrating on the tools the mad men use instead of the mad men themselves you will be able to stop them from murdering. You’re looking for a “cure” in the wrong place.

Honor killings happens in every country of the world. I have read about killings in the US when a husband kills his wife for cheating or vice versa.
Again for it to disappear in Pakistan we need an education revolution which is not happening soon.
As far as us involved in everything bad happening in Pakistan I have no proof of it but I do know how many people us needs to buy in our military and civilian establishment not many.
Has US ever been involved in attempting to bring a regime changes in countries history is full of these.
“Think before you post.”

Listen up, jackass. You are lecturing a person who has NOTHING to do with CIA bureaucratic decisions or foreign policy or military decisions of any kind. I am but a speck of dust in the universe who has no impact at all on what people on the other side of the world are doing.

What I see is some guy in Pakistan (of all places) who feels the need to throw a few rocks in my direction just to make himself feel better. Well, yipty fûck. Go yell at a brick wall. You will accomplish the same amount of good at the end of the day.

Blame the US all you want for decisions that were made in the past. Go back 100 years or more if you want. Then lash out at me all you’d like and I will think you’re a moron for doing it. At some point, people need to stop bitching and take control of their own lives and my personal philosophy is to let that happen.

”Think before you post” sounds like great advice…for yourself.

I think the most interesting/baffling thing I find about gun-control people is how you find the accessibility of guns to mad men who willfully use them to engage in mass murder more troubling than the fact there are seemingly more mad men out there willfully engaging in mass murder. It seems you think by concentrating on the tools the mad men use instead of the mad men themselves you will be able to stop them from murdering. You’re looking for a “cure” in the wrong place.
Its not an either/or solution, is it?

A mental health initiative would be great. Unfortunately republicans haven't agreed to that, either. If you really want to get to root causes, ill see mental health and raise you - all in - on education.

Its just a constant chain of excuses to keep wackos with AR'S.

Reactions: davidallen
Its not an either/or solution, is it?

A mental health initiative would be great. Unfortunately republicans haven't agreed to that, either. If you really want to get to root causes, ill see mental health and raise you - all in - on education.

Its just a constant chain of excuses to keep wackos with AR'S.
Actually it’s a constant chain of arguments for us to be a free people. The pro-gun control argument is the perfect example that portrays Higg’s ratchet effect. What’s ironic is the pro-gun control people don’t even see it. You’re so focused on your “cure” to stop the violence you don’t even recognize the subtle hidden danger your “cure” represents.

Off topic. Why do Pakistanis have such rancid body odor?

Actually it’s a constant chain of arguments for us to be a free people. The pro-gun control argument is the perfect example that portrays Higg’s ratchet effect. What’s ironic is the pro-gun control people don’t even see it. You’re so focused on your “cure” to stop the violence you don’t even recognize the subtle hidden danger your “cure” represents.
You could say that about any crime. If you outlaw _______________ then next ___________________ will be illegal!

You could say that about any crime. If you outlaw _______________ then next ___________________ will be illegal!
You have things a little confused. You could say that about almost any *law,* not crime. For some people “laws x, y or z” never go far enough. They never fully eliminate the crime they are supposed to suppress. Therefore in their minds the law needs to be strengthened, made more repressive. That’ll stop the crime! Which, of course, it can’t. But what it does is replace a little bit of liberty with a little more repression. The ratchet effect is real.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyomingosualum
First they came for the automatic rifles, and I did not speak out—because I didn't own an automatic rifle.

Then they came for the semi-automatic rifles, and I did not speak out— because I didn't own a semi-automatic rifle.

Then they came for the hand guns, and I did not speak out—because I didn't own a hand gun.

Then they came for my gun—and there was no one left to defend me.

Before we can get rid of mass shootings we have to first pass a law to ban federal agencies from staging them.
JS

You have things a little confused. You could say that about almost any *law,* not crime. For some people “laws x, y or z” never go far enough. They never fully eliminate the crime they are supposed to suppress. Therefore in their minds the law needs to be strengthened, made more repressive. That’ll stop the crime! Which, of course, it can’t. But what it does is replace a little bit of liberty with a little more repression. The ratchet effect is real.
So do away with laws? They can't really fully eliminate anything can they?

So do away with laws? They can't really fully eliminate anything can they?
Well, as a philosophical anarchist I’m good with doing away with the state, the organization that makes laws. But in the real world I would say there are too many laws and people expect too much from them. And when they don’t meet expectations (which are unrealistic) the tendency is for some people to get on their high horse and demand more laws that are more stringent. I think that is exactly what we see, and will continue to see from the gun control people. And the sad part, for me at least, is they are going after the tools (guns) being used by mad men rather than the mad men using them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT