ADVERTISEMENT

Seeking An Honest Answer For An Honest Question

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
If it is morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Israel to drop a 2000 pound bomb on a tent city in a declared safe zone in which dozens of civilians, including women, children and babies are murdered and hundreds more are mutilated because a member of Hamas is suspected of hiding in their midst, is it therefore morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Hamas to target an apartment complex in Tel Aviv, for example, killing dozens of civilians, including women, children and babies, and mutilating hundreds more because Hamas suspected a member of the IDF was living in their midst?

Easy. Hamas and their host population are terrorists (bad guys), as well as the aggressors. IDF and Israel are not (good guys), and are also the defenders.

Same reason that it was morally acceptable for the Allies to bomb German cities, but unacceptable for the Germans to bomb London, and invade France and Eastern Europe. It’s truly sad that you can not grasp these basic moral concepts.

If it is morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Israel to drop a 2000 pound bomb on a tent city in a declared safe zone in which dozens of civilians, including women, children and babies are murdered and hundreds more are mutilated because a member of Hamas is suspected of hiding in their midst, is it therefore morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Hamas to target an apartment complex in Tel Aviv, for example, killing dozens of civilians, including women, children and babies, and mutilating hundreds more because Hamas suspected a member of the IDF was living in their midst?
Neither are morally acceptable

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Easy. Hamas and their host population are terrorists (bad guys), as well as the aggressors. IDF and Israel are not (good guys), and are also the defenders.

Same reason that it was morally acceptable for the Allies to bomb German cities, but unacceptable for the Germans to bomb London, and invade France and Eastern Europe. It’s truly sad that you can not grasp these basic moral concepts.
If I understand you correctly civilians from a terrorist and aggressive country are fair game for slaughter, while citizens from a non-terrorist and non-aggressive country are not. So it begs the question: can you give a precise definition of a terrorist country? And a second question: why are uninvolved civilians in a terrorist country fair game?

Is it morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Hamas to hide in a declared safe zone and use women, children, and babies as human shields?

If I understand you correctly civilians from a terrorist and aggressive country are fair game for slaughter, while citizens from a non-terrorist and non-aggressive country are not. So it begs the question: can you give a precise definition of a terrorist country? And a second question: why are uninvolved civilians in a terrorist country fair game?
Is it morally acceptable to start a war and then cry like a little girl when you suffer the consequences of starting that war against a superior military?
As long as we are talking about morals, the moral of the story, don’t start a war.

When civilians host terrorists, they cease to be civilians.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Is it morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Hamas to hide in a declared safe zone and use women, children, and babies as human shields?
Such a typical @Medic007 modus operandi: deflect from answering a question by asking a question of your own. So let me turn the table back on you: in a territory about 25 miles long by 5 miles wide, filled with 2.3 million people, and in which at least half the infrastructure has been reduced to rubble, where would you go if you were a member of Hamas? Is it morally acceptable for an IDF commander to live in a high rise apartment building filled with women, children and babies knowing he is putting them in harm’s way of a Hamas attack if they suspect he is there? Why would the IDF commander surround himself with human shields when there are plenty of military installations he could be instead? Wouldn’t Commander Medic do the morally acceptable thing and stay within the grounds of a military installation?

Now to answer your question: it is not morally acceptable for Hamas to hide within the civilian population that is being ruthlessly attacked.

And finally I respectfully ask that you man up and answer the original question.

Such a typical @Medic007 modus operandi: deflect from answering a question by asking a question of your own. So let me turn the table back on you: in a territory about 25 miles long by 5 miles wide, filled with 2.3 million people, and in which at least half the infrastructure has been reduced to rubble, where would you go if you were a member of Hamas? Is it morally acceptable for an IDF commander to live in a high rise apartment building filled with women, children and babies knowing he is putting them in harm’s way of a Hamas attack if they suspect he is there? Why would the IDF commander surround himself with human shields when there are plenty of military installations he could be instead? Wouldn’t Commander Medic do the morally acceptable thing and stay within the grounds of a military installation?

Now to answer your question: it is not morally acceptable for Hamas to hide within the civilian population that is being ruthlessly attacked.

And finally I respectfully ask that you man up and answer the original question.
Did the Palestinians elect Hamas? Do the Palestinians allow Hamas to remain in power? Have the Palestinians shown the slightest sign of not supporting Hamas? Looks to me like the Palestinians made their bed and are having to sleep in it.

Is it morally acceptable to start a war and then cry like a little girl when you suffer the consequences of starting that war against a superior military?
As long as we are talking about morals, the moral of the story, don’t start a war.
I could not agree with your moral of the story more. For the record I don’t think Hamas has cried like a girl while suffering the consequences of its attack on Oct 7. I believe it is indulging in guerrilla warfare tactics against the superior military, and has held its own much better than you or any right-wing Israeli politician thought possible. Guerrilla tactics have historically shown to be effective against superior militaries, and this conflict appears to be no different. Unlike you I don’t particularly care which side “wins.” I just want to see the slaughter of innocents come to an immediate end. Regrettably it appears neither side in the battle has shown the slightest concern about the slaughter of innocents. They’re both too busy trying to prove to their adversary their dicks are the biggest.

• Haha
I could not agree with your moral of the story more. For the record I don’t think Hamas has cried like a girl while suffering the consequences of its attack on Oct 7. I believe it is indulging in guerrilla warfare tactics against the superior military, and has held its own much better than you or any right-wing Israeli politician thought possible. Guerrilla tactics have historically shown to be effective against superior militaries, and this conflict appears to be no different. Unlike you I don’t particularly care which side “wins.” I just want to see the slaughter of innocents come to an immediate end. Regrettably it appears neither side in the battle has shown the slightest concern about the slaughter of innocents. They’re both too busy trying to prove to their adversary their dicks are the biggest.
Where we differ is I want the problem solved once and for all. You look no further than today.

That horse has to be nothing but jelly now.

Where we differ is I want the problem solved once and for all. You look no further than today.
Where we differ is you want the Israeli tactic to solve the dilemma once and for all, and the tactic that has been used for 75-odd years and has solved nothing. I’m thinking there must be a better way than wanton slaughter that only engenders greater hatred toward the other side than before.

Oh Dodge, shall we circle back to why you earned the fitting nickname of Ponca Dodge? Still cracks me up.

Looks like my question triggered you. That seems to be a common theme these days, lol. Why is it Israel’s problem that Hamas has nowhere to hide? That's nothing but piss poor planning on Hamas' part. When you deliberately imbed military infrastructure in, around, and under civilians, there will be civilian casualties.

You act like the only option Hamas has is to continue have Palestinians slaughtered by the IDF. It's not. Hopefully you haven't become too brain damaged by Hamas propaganda to understand that.

Where we differ is you want the Israeli tactic to solve the dilemma once and for all, and the tactic that has been used for 75-odd years and has solved nothing. I’m thinking there must be a better way than wanton slaughter that only engenders greater hatred toward the other side than before.
I'm tired of reading about it personally Dan. Fvck terrorists especially those dictating American policy. I'm afraid its too late.

Sorry Dan the Israelis have continually shown restraint at the behest of the international community only for the Palestinians to attack Israel again and again. Time to put an ass whooping on the Palestinians that they will never consider attacking Israel again.
Hell Israel has shown far more restraint than I would have ever even considered.

Oh Dodge, shall we circle back to why you earned the fitting nickname of Ponca Dodge? Still cracks me up.

Looks like my question triggered you. That seems to be a common theme these days, lol. Why is it Israel’s problem that Hamas has nowhere to hide? That's nothing but piss poor planning on Hamas' part. When you deliberately imbed military infrastructure in, around, and under civilians, there will be civilian casualties.

You act like the only option Hamas has is to continue have Palestinians slaughtered by the IDF. It's not. Hopefully you haven't become too brain damaged by Hamas propaganda to understand that.
Here you are at Comment 15 and you still avoid answering a question that only needs a “yes” or a “no.” And you accuse me of dodging andwers!

Last edited:
I'm tired of reading about it personally Dan. Fvck terrorists especially those dictating American policy. I'm afraid its too late.
I understand that you’re tired of reading that a country you admire is committing genocide. But imagine how tired the recipients of the genocide must feel. I’m not going to stop “whining” about it until it ends. So your best bet would be to put me on ignore and pretend the genocide isn’t happening.

Sorry Dan the Israelis have continually shown restraint at the behest of the international community only for the Palestinians to attack Israel again and again. Time to put an ass whooping on the Palestinians that they will never consider attacking Israel again.
Hell Israel has shown far more restraint than I would have ever even considered.
The Israelis have never shown restraint. Restraint is the exact opposite of their stated policy.

I understand that you’re tired of reading that a country you admire is committing genocide. But imagine how tired the recipients of the genocide must feel. I’m not going to stop “whining” about it until it ends. So your best bet would be to put me on ignore and pretend the genocide isn’t happening.
I just can't comprehend ignoring ya Dan!

If it is morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Israel to drop a 2000 pound bomb on a tent city in a declared safe zone in which dozens of civilians, including women, children and babies are murdered and hundreds more are mutilated because a member of Hamas is suspected of hiding in their midst, is it therefore morally acceptable and a legitimate military tactic for Hamas to target an apartment complex in Tel Aviv, for example, killing dozens of civilians, including women, children and babies, and mutilating hundreds more because Hamas suspected a member of the IDF was living in their midst?n
If you are too dense to understand who Yetanyahu is aligned with you might as well quit posting.

Go study how the region was formed from the West Bank to the Palestinians to Gaza. Netanyahu along with the bat$hit crazy libs in America and their accomplices want war wherever they can get it. They believe that if war can be fomented, the cash flow from the defense contractors, et al will continue to be kicked back to the politicos in the US and Israel.

Why did Israel have their massive US funded defense forces back down and let a bunch of Palestinians crash a Jewish festival via motorized parachutes. Are you serious? You really don't get it?

It’s much deeper than this especially if bring Gaza into play. Get a clue before you attempt to spew your vitriol on me.

If you are too dense to understand who Yetanyahu is aligned with you might as well quit posting.

Go study how the region was formed from the West Bank to the Palestinians to Gaza. Netanyahu along with the bat$hit crazy libs in America and their accomplices want war wherever they can get it. They believe that if war can be fomented, the cash flow from the defense contractors, et al will continue to be kicked back to the politicos in the US and Israel.

Why did Israel have their massive US funded defense forces back down and let a bunch of Palestinians crash a Jewish festival via motorized parachutes. Are you serious? You really don't get it?

It’s much deeper than this especially if bring Gaza into play. Get a clue before you attempt to spew your vitriol on me.
This is directed at me? You do know you just echoed the same thing I’ve been saying for over half a year, do you not?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT