ADVERTISEMENT

Secretary of State Bullies NPR

As a New Year resolution I made a conscious decision to lurk more and post less. The only reaction most of my postings have ever engendered has been anger, particularly from the Trump faithful, so it seems counter productive to participate very often. I think this is only my second posting in 2020. I’ll stick to an abbreviated participation for the time being.

But since some of you have asked I’ll give my opinion of the US/China trade deal. Contrary to what some of you think my world is hardly rocked! I’m very happy to see progress being made. As best as I can make out Phase One essentially returned things to what they were before Trump started his war. As I understand it most of the agreement is top secret from the American public; we are being told by the administration that it is a total capitulation by the Chinese. Considering Trump’s propensity to fudge the truth I am skeptical of the claim.

IMO Trump needed the deal much more than China, at least in the short term, Farmers who helped him win the swing states have been hit particularly hard by his war, and Trump could not take a chance that they might turn on him in 2020. Not to mention the sluggish productivity from manufacturing. He can now claim victory in the war and hope it will be enough to get those farmers and union/blue collar workers to vote for him again.

I hope for the best, but expect something less.
Uh, Dan, you do know that you can read the agreement online, right? What is the top secret part we're missing?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/read-the-full-u-s-china-phase-1-trade-agreement

Classic! Glad to have you in government. Disgusting. I know you don’t give a shit. It’s why I enjoy rubbing your face in it. You are a feckless coward, too afraid to stand up to your “friends”. Enjoy not caring about this enough to read it.

Cool.

As if anything anybody does here means or accomplishes anything.

If a member of the MSM-13 got her feelers hurt she should grow bigger balls.
The hurt feelers are yours and Pompeo's. Kelly is doing her job today just like she did it last week. She isn't running out proxies to defend her. She isn't whining about unfair anything. Pompeo looks weak in all this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT