ADVERTISEMENT

Screw Brian Kelly and Loser State University for criticizing Oklahoma State University

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma

LSU football coach Brian Kelly says having QR codes on helmets 'doesn't feel collegiate'​

Portrait of Ryan AberRyan Aber
The Oklahoman

LSU coach Brian Kelly said putting QR codes on helmets “just doesn’t feel collegiate for me,” Wednesday on the SEC teleconference.

Last week, Oklahoma State announced it would use QR codes on its helmets which will direct fans to the general name, image and likeness fund for the team.

Kelly and other coaches on the teleconference were asked about the Cowboys’ initiative and whether they thought the idea would spread.

“For us, we can keep NIL off the field,” Kelly said. “I think we can generate the things that we need here at LSU separate from the game-day atmosphere, the collegiate kind of feel that you have.

“This is just my personal feeling, putting a QR code on your helmet just doesn’t feel collegiate for me. As much as we can continue to keep this game when the band and college-aged kids playing the game (we should). I get it, right? NIL is here to stay and that’s great, but I think we can be separate from that and still, at the end of the game, go to work on NIL.”

OSU is believed to be the first program to use QR codes on its uniform.

Reactions: AsiaPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.