ADVERTISEMENT

Savant or C4

I went with Control 4. I looked at and got estimates for both. However, I had C4 in my previous home and therefore had a lot of the brains I needed. I think both are awesome and if I were completely starting from scratch would prolly go with the Apple platform.

With the touch of a button, I can get 6 splits on a screen (iPad) and see the entire perimeter of my home (night or day). I can control all my doors and about 70% of my lights with it. I will eventually get all my lights on it. And of course, all my A/V in my living room and whole home audio. I didn't complete my theatre room, mainly because I don't know what I'm going to do in there yet. I didn't put my HVAC on it because I went with the new Honeywell touchscreen Tstats (3 for 3 zones) and I use their RediLink and App to control heating/cooling/humidity/air filtration from my iPhone/iPad. RediLink is baddass.

My speakers for the theatre room are B&W (brought from old house) with a Velodyne sub.

Thanks that's helpful. I went to bestbuy and talked to the Magnolia people. I don't know who else to talk to about installation.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Also, I've considered just skipping the whole home automation piece and getting an HDMI matrix and something similar for audio thought the house (7 rooms with 2 speakers, media with 7.1). Everything is wired so I don't think the video would be hard at all. I just don't know what a good matrix is. I think the audio could be difficult if I want 7 zones.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT