ADVERTISEMENT

Salute from a PSU fan

Aug 8, 2013
I was a PSU season ticket holder for years until we moved to Dallas recently. Yesterday was my first trip to GIA but I promise it will not be my last. The fans were knowledgeable and extremely hospitable despite my PSU attire. The atmosphere yesterday was fantastic! I told my 12yo son that was my kind of crowd when the USMC brought the flag on stage and the entire arena was standing in about 3 seconds and the announcer had to tell everybody they could sit down for another 10 minutes!
Everybody that attended yesterday left knowing 3 things: 1 Those two teams ARE the best in the country, 2 The final score was not indicative of how evenly matched these teams are, 3 Mike Hagerty did not have his best day with a whistle. I bought an OSU Wrestling hat and shirt and I will be back soon wearing orange. Good luck in the Big 12 tourney and I bet we get some rematches in St. Louis.

I wrestled at OSU and my daughter went to grad school at Penn State. Her husband wrestled at OSU . She was a wrestler too, USA Open national champion and worked out with the team while at State College. She and her kids were wearing Penn State the rest of us wearing OSU . At NCAAs she wears an orange Penn State shirt.

I wrestled at OSU and my daughter went to grad school at Penn State. Her husband wrestled at OSU . She was a wrestler too, USA Open national champion and worked out with the team while at State College. She and her kids were wearing Penn State the rest of us wearing OSU . At NCAAs she wears an orange Penn State shirt.
That's great! Thanks for sharing that.

I was a PSU season ticket holder for years until we moved to Dallas recently. Yesterday was my first trip to GIA but I promise it will not be my last. The fans were knowledgeable and extremely hospitable despite my PSU attire. The atmosphere yesterday was fantastic! I told my 12yo son that was my kind of crowd when the USMC brought the flag on stage and the entire arena was standing in about 3 seconds and the announcer had to tell everybody they could sit down for another 10 minutes!
Everybody that attended yesterday left knowing 3 things: 1 Those two teams ARE the best in the country, 2 The final score was not indicative of how evenly matched these teams are, 3 Mike Hagerty did not have his best day with a whistle. I bought an OSU Wrestling hat and shirt and I will be back soon wearing orange. Good luck in the Big 12 tourney and I bet we get some rematches in St. Louis.

Best 1st post EVER!

Reactions: LoveOSUSports

I'm not the least bit surprised by the knowledge or hospitality.

I echo PSU Homers appreciation for the OSU team as well as your fans! After the first 3 bouts my heart was in my mouth. That we pulled out the remaining tossup bouts provided us with a huge boost. Another day it might go another way.

As to the fans.....I had met a number at one of the NCAA tournaments recently and they were not just Cowboy fans but wrestling fans as well with respect for all things wrestling including PSU. Your message board seems to be more civil than Iowa's and ours:( Your one exception is MT..lol. We have some that seem to want to go to war against the Iowa board and they have a number that just don't enjoy visits from other fans.

Hope to run into some Cowboys in St Louis!

PS(U)
I just tossed my Okie State hat that was my go to golf hat because it was just too worn (have always like the orange/black color scheme). Gotta get on Ebay or the OSU site.

I echo PSU Homers appreciation for the OSU team as well as your fans! After the first 3 bouts my heart was in my mouth. That we pulled out the remaining tossup bouts provided us with a huge boost. Another day it might go another way.

As to the fans.....I had met a number at one of the NCAA tournaments recently and they were not just Cowboy fans but wrestling fans as well with respect for all things wrestling including PSU. Your message board seems to be more civil than Iowa's and ours:( Your one exception is MT..lol. We have some that seem to want to go to war against the Iowa board and they have a number that just don't enjoy visits from other fans.

Hope to run into some Cowboys in St Louis!

PS(U)
I just tossed my Okie State hat that was my go to golf hat because it was just too worn (have always like the orange/black color scheme). Gotta get on Ebay or the OSU site.

Get online to Karsten Creek and order a real OSU golf hat! They have a slick collection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT