ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals ads/videos

It’s infuriating.

I’m supposedly auto subscribed to ad-lite for $20/yr. In return, I get a video in every thread, a random full screen video overtaking my phone with a black screen that actually has no content, and random page refreshes with a bright white background that actually load an outdated version of the page.

#RivalsFail

Is everyone with this specific issue using an iPhone or iPad and Safari browser?

It loos like the tech team is zeroing in on what may be causing it, but the common denominator seems to be iOS and Sarari combo.

Is everyone with this specific issue using an iPhone or iPad and Safari browser?

It loos like the tech team is zeroing in on what may be causing it, but the common denominator seems to be iOS and Sarari combo.
Sooo the two most commonly used methods of browsing mobile sites?

I'm on Android/chrome

Reactions: stokedpoke

Android, chrome. Ads floating over the lower left corner that you constantly have to exit out of. Started a week or two ago.

Reactions: Pokefan88
What it looks like on my android .... At least this is an OSU related popup.

ycjJKT3.jpeg

that's what it looks like on my iphone. Easy to get rid of, and once you do it doesn't re-appear until you leave the site and then come back later. So it seems.

Reactions: MaxandAlli

iOS 17.0.3, DuckDuckGo browser.

I think the floating ad is intentional. Could be wrong.

The problems I have are with random page refreshes, the page auto-scrolling, the ‘empty’ video auto-loading in full screen mode and giving me a black screen until I tap or swipe the dead video away.

The problems I have are with random page refreshes, the page auto-scrolling, the ‘empty’ video auto-loading in full screen mode and giving me a black screen until I tap or swipe the dead video away.

I figured it was intentional to, but I noticed it just started the last couple weeks and figured that's what some people on here were talking about. Your issue definitely sounds like a bug, and way more annoying.

Reactions: Adman513

Same here. The random refreshes is maddening.

No problem on Chrome.
Iphone and IPad on Safari - only the small screen in the lower left that can be Xd out easily.

I figured it was intentional to, but I noticed it just started the last couple weeks and figured that's what some people on here were talking about. Your issue definitely sounds like a bug, and way more annoying.

The random refreshes and page jumps are definitely a bug. They have some ideas on what's causing it, but nothing concrete as of yet.

I think I figured out what the page jumps are.

The first post in a thread has an embedded video when you open the thread. After a certain amount of time, the embedded video either disappears or turns into the floating video window, not sure which.

When that inline embedded video disappears, the page content jumps up and makes it look like the browser is auto-scrolling down the page.

iPhone on safari

The page refreshes are awful. The videos are more an annoyance. The screen flashing white and then reloading a thread — especially if you’re in the middle of typing something, only to lose it — really fvcks with the user experience.

The page refreshes are awful. The videos are more an annoyance. The screen flashing white and then reloading a thread — especially if you’re in the middle of typing something, only to lose it — really fvcks with the user experience.

Fun fact about that refresh while typing - if you manually refresh the page with your browser controls, it will load most of what you were typing. The text box auto-saves your wip post.

That’s why I mentioned that the auto-refresh with the bright white background was actually loading a stale version of the page.

Why is are these pop up "pics" still happening on my phone with the OSI rivals app? it's annoying to say the least.

Did anyone in this thread recently have their iPhone or pad updated to iOS 17?

It's a breadcrumb at this point, but some other boards have noted it's been a commonality.

Did anyone in this thread recently have their iPhone or pad updated to iOS 17?

It's a breadcrumb at this point, but some other boards have noted it's been a commonality.
I have an Android and it keeps happening. Pops up if I close my browser and reopen it after some time then it pops up at the bottom of the 1st post on any new thread or new page on a thread.

Reactions: Jeff J.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT