ADVERTISEMENT

Results

Joe looks like a deer in headlights. Geezus I am glad I stayed in Stillwater these kids look out of their element. We will be lucky to finish top 5 the way we have looked thus far today if this continues.

Joe looks like a deer in headlights. Geezus I am glad I stayed in Stillwater these kids look out of their element. We will be lucky to finish top 5 the way we have looked thus far today if this continues.
He looked great, he slipped on two TD attempts.

Reactions: osu2082
At least Joe showed some heart and got it back on track to win in OT. Hopefully we will start to wrestle like we are capable now but I have no faith in Klimera even winning a match.

He looked great, he slipped on two TD attempts.
Joe looked far from great but he did get it back on track but he certainly did not look great. Tough draw for a true freshman as Ryan was top 10 at one point this year glad the Smith came out in Joe and he brought it back on track and got the win. Great job young man.

Joe looked far from great but he did get it back on track but he certainly did not look great.

He had a long layoff prior to the Big 12's and was facing a very tough draw (kid was top 5 at one point) as a true freshman in MSG.

I think he will improve every round.

174 is a blood bath but most of it is taking place away from Rodgers unfortunately.

This sucks big time; If Rogers losses to Nichal (match 365) he will have to wrestle Ramos in the round of 12 (match 546) assuming Ramos makes it through.

If Rogers losses his next match he wrestles Realbuto in the round of 16 (match 488). I'm not up on all of these wrestlers styles but I would guess his best chance is against Ramos.

Recap: (not on site; gathered from the internet)
#6 Klimara L 6-7 to UnSeeded Youlsey MICH (12-13)
US Harding L 6-10 to #15 Alber UNI (26-10)
#1 Heil W 4-1 to over Gasca ILL (21-8)
#11 Collica W 11-8 over Delgado ORST (23-14)
#6 Smith W 11-9OT over Ryan OHST (17-5)
#1 Deiringer W F2:23 over Troll GW (17-5)
#9 Rogers W MD10-2 over Barrick BUCK (27-10)
#8 Bowd w 8-5 over Utley UNC (25-8)
US Wiegel L 0-5 to #3 Pfarr MINN (35-3)
#4 Marsden W 5-1 over Shaw CSU (28-5)

7 and 3
Bonus points from only Deiringer and Rogers
Smith(OT), Collica and Heil(surprise, surprise) had close matches
As usual, Boyd wrestled well but gave up late offensive points

By their records, none of these opponents were slouches except Youlsey (I Guess Klimara is hurt/sick)

They do it every year but every year I'm amazed at PSU's ability to just pile on bonus points.

By their records, none of these opponents were slouches except Youlsey (I Guess Klimara is hurt/sick)

I do think Eddie has to be under the weather but Youtsey was an AA last year who beat Eddie and has struggled with consistency and injuries but he has talent.

Recap: (not on site; gathered from the internet)
#6 Klimara L 6-7 to UnSeeded Youlsey MICH (12-13)
US Harding L 6-10 to #15 Alber UNI (26-10)
#1 Heil W 4-1 to over Gasca ILL (21-8)
#11 Collica W 11-8 over Delgado ORST (23-14)
#6 Smith W 11-9OT over Ryan OHST (17-5)
#1 Deiringer W F2:23 over Troll GW (17-5)
#9 Rogers W MD10-2 over Barrick BUCK (27-10)
#8 Bowd w 8-5 over Utley UNC (25-8)
US Wiegel L 0-5 to #3 Pfarr MINN (35-3)
#4 Marsden W 5-1 over Shaw CSU (28-5)

7 and 3
Bonus points from only Deiringer and Rogers
Smith(OT), Collica and Heil(surprise, surprise) had close matches
As usual, Boyd wrestled well but gave up late offensive points

Youtsey is no slouch either, he was an AA last year. Klimara looked awful though. Boyd gave up late points trying to push it to a major. Collica was in complete control of his match after the early TD.

It wouldn't be a huge deal if I had any confidence Klimara could pull a Coleman Scott and destroy the consolidation bracket. Klimara just looked like he wanted no part of being there this morning. You've got to think he is sick or hurt.

Reactions: osu2082
So what is the easiest way to find out what mat everyone wrestled on today. ESPN3 has the replay by mat.

Will be very interesting to see how klimara bounces back. Being a senior, want him to finish strong. Proud of Rogers getting a major in his first ncaa tourney match. Incredible effort from smith to come back in what appeared to be heading for a tough loss. Man oh man would love for heil to seperate score. Really would like all 10 to be wrestling tomorrow morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT