OrangeTuono

Starter
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2023
Take'm at their word folks....
- Lawfare is gearing up
- Stocking up on baby genocide poison
- Fight enforcement of US immigration and border laws

The leaders of many of the centrist and left-leaning groups involved insist their energies are primarily devoted to preventing Trump from regaining power in the first place. Many are also wary about discussing their contingency plans publicly, for fear of signaling a lack of confidence in President Joe Biden’s campaign prospects. Their angst is intensified by Biden’s low approval numbers and by his persistent trailing of Trump in polls of the states that are likely to decide the election.

Interviews with more than 30 officials and leaders of organizations about their plans revealed a combination of acute exhaustion and acute anxiety. Activist groups that spent the four years of Trump’s presidency organizing mass protests and pursuing legal challenges, ultimately helping channel that energy into persuading voters to oust him from power in 2020, are now realizing with great dread that they may have to resist him all over again.

Watched an Interview the other day, Dr. Phil and Trump. Trump knows whats coming if he wins, they will do everything they can to keep him from getting anything done probably more so than his 1st term. He also said all these court cases have come directly from the White House and Biden is behind it all or at least his handlers are. Dr. Phil said if people doubt that they need to pull their head out of the sand and realize that its coming straight from the top.

Watched an Interview the other day, Dr. Phil and Trump. Trump knows whats coming if he wins, they will do everything they can to keep him from getting anything done probably more so than his 1st term. He also said all these court cases have come directly from the White House and Biden is behind it all or at least his handlers are. Dr. Phil said if people doubt that they need to pull their head out of the sand and realize that its coming straight from the top.
Biden's handlers are responsible. Biden has the IQ of a ball bering.

200w.gif

carry on

Reactions: my_2cents
Depends on if they think they can gain anything out of it before the election. They have their hands full with Hamas supporters, but I will bet after the election if Trump wins.
They might not be as "in control" as they think. When you enlist psychotic sociopaths as your foot soldiers, sometimes things don't go as planned.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
They might not be as "in control" as they think. When you enlist psychotic sociopaths as your foot soldiers, sometimes things don't go as planned.
I've been waiting on Karma to catch them on that one. The Hamas supporters have started the crazy without their marching orders. It's the only redeeming quality of their protests.

I've been waiting on Karma to catch them on that one. The Hamas supporters have started the crazy without their marching orders. It's the only redeeming quality of their protests.
Wait until the Freebie Gravy Train runs out. Lot of batshit crazies will be extremely unhappy.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Is there anything you’re good at?

carry on
Arithmetic and the ability to reason.

On my 60 question Mensa exercise I answered these questions correctly:

1. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?
2. Frank and Bob were born April 26, 1982 at 5:10 AM and 46 seconds. Which is older?
3. I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How do I very quickly determine the fake?
4. With a magic marker, can you make a straight line on a baseball?
5. When I travel by AMTRAC at 100 km/h and I throw a baseball toward the locomotive the baseball travels faster than when I stand along side the moving train. When I'm aboard and moving on the train does the light beam from my flashlight travel faster?

Without aid from a pal you might be able to answer one of these questions. Of course some board members have answered these questions for you.

Arithmetic and the ability to reason.

On my 60 question Mensa exercise I answered these questions correctly:

1. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?
2. Frank and Bob were born April 26, 1982 at 5:10 AM and 46 seconds. Which is older?
3. I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How do I very quickly determine the fake?
4. With a magic marker, can you make a straight line on a baseball?
5. When I travel by AMTRAC at 100 km/h and I throw a baseball toward the locomotive the baseball travels faster than when I stand along side the moving train. When I'm aboard and moving on the train does the light beam from my flashlight travel faster?

Without aid from a pal you might be able to answer one of these questions. Of course some board members have answered these questions for you.

You try so hard haha. A truly worthy effort lol

carry on

If Trump somehow ends up winning in November, I absolutely hope there is a very strong resistance to him and most of his stated goals. Especially concerning any attempt by him to attack our Constitution and our democracy.

However, where room for compromise on important political issues can be found and agreed upon, I hope such compromise is embraced.

• Haha
You have to appreciate the double standard. When Democrats are in control of government they truly believe in a straight Democracy (Mob rule). When Republicans are in control of government they fully believe in our Constitutional Republic.
As usual, you are wrong and have no clue what you are talking about.

I am a Democrat. When Democrats control the government, I believe that our country is what it is, a democracy and a republic. When Republicans control the government, i believe our country is what it is, a democracy and a republic. Nothing changes, just which political party is in "charge" so to speak. And this is exactly what most Democrats think as well. At least the Democrats I know, and especially the leadership of the Democratic party.

btw, Democrats don't believe we are a nation govern by mob rule. Again, I am a Democrat and I do not believe this. We are a representative democracy.

I saw this article this morning and couldn't help but laugh.
Did you actually watch the video this article is talking about or just read the headline?

The issue was not that many Trump cultists were claiming we are a republic but that they many of them like to claim we aren't a democracy. Which isn't true. We are both a democracy and a republic. To claim we aren't a democracy is just as wrong as it is to claim we aren't a republic.

btw, that PragerU video is very misleading and it is borderline propaganda. If that is the junk Trump cultists are watching, no wonder so many of them are misinformed about what our country is.

As usual, you are wrong and have no clue what you are talking about.

I am a Democrat. When Democrats control the government, I believe that our country is what it is, a democracy and a republic. When Republicans control the government, i believe our country is what it is, a democracy and a republic. Nothing changes, just which political party is in "charge" so to speak. And this is exactly what most Democrats think as well. At least the Democrats I know, and especially the leadership of the Democratic party.

btw, Democrats don't believe we are a nation govern by mob rule. Again, I am a Democrat and I do not believe this. We are a representative democracy.

Did you watch the video that this article is talking about?

The issue was not that many Trump cultists were claiming we are a republic but that they many of them like to claim we aren't a democracy. Which isn't true. We are both a democracy and a republic. To claim we aren't a democracy is just as wrong as it is to claim we aren't a republic.

We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic. Democracy is mob rule. If we were a Democracy Gay marriage would have never passed as it was rejected in every state it was ever brought up for a vote. And the fact the Founding Fathers specifically created the Electoral College to keep the mob from ruling.

We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic.
Wrong. We are both a democracy and a constitutional republic. We are not an absolute democracy, we are a representative democracy. We are even a constitutional democracy. We are a democracy.

This statement right here by you is what the CNN segment was taking issue with. You Trump cultists repeating this nonsense. Repeating something that is absolutely false.

Democracy is mob rule.
Wrong again.

Are you seriously claiming that when you vote for your representatives, you are engaging in mob rule?:rolleyes:

If we were a Democracy Gay marriage would have never passed as it was rejected in every state it was ever brought up for a vote.
This is because we are not an absolute democracy. We are a representative democracy, a constitutional democracy.

This is basic civics here Bearcat, why are you struggling so much with this?

And the fact the Founding Fathers specifically created the Electoral College to keep the mob from ruling.
This is not why the electoral college was created.

Laying that aside though, while I don't support the electoral college at all, it still has democratic features. For example, state electors almost always cast their votes for the winner of the popular vote in their individual states.

Pointing to the electoral college as evidence that we aren't a democracy doesn't prove your point. Do you directly elect your representative in the House? Your Senator? Your representatives in the state legislature? Of course you do. And you know why?

Because you live in a democracy!

• Haha
Wrong. We are both a democracy and a constitutional republic. We are not an absolute democracy, we are a representative democracy. We are even a constitutional democracy. We are a democracy.

This statement right here by you is what the CNN segment was taking issue with. You Trump cultists repeating this nonsense. Repeating something that is absolutely false.

Wrong again.

Are you seriously claiming that when you vote for your representatives, you are engaging in mob rule?:rolleyes:

This is because we are not an absolute democracy. We are a representative democracy, a constitutional democracy.

This is basic civics here Bearcat, why are you struggling so much with this?

This is not why the electoral college was created.

Laying that aside though, while I don't support the electoral college at all, it still has democratic features. For example, state electors almost always cast their votes for the winner of the popular vote in their individual states.

Pointing to the electoral college as evidence that we aren't a democracy doesn't prove your point. Do you directly elect your representative in the House? Your Senator? Your representatives in the state legislature? Of course you do. And you know why?

Because you live in a democracy!
Semantics. At least you agree we are not a straight Democracy and never should be.

Semantics. At least you agree we are not a straight Democracy and never should be.
No, it isn't semantics.

There is no such thing as a "straight democracy." If you mean an absolute democracy, ok. But there are other types of democracies besides an absolute democracy.

We are a democracy. You claimed above that we were not a democracy, just as many Trump cultists do regularly. You were wrong. And then you wonder why many worry about the "authoritarian" intentions of Trump and his followers?

Can you admit that we are a democracy, a representative and constitutional democracy? Yes or no?

No, it isn't semantics.

There is no such thing as a "straight democracy." If you mean an absolute democracy, ok. But there are other types of democracies besides an absolute democracy.

We are a democracy. You claimed above that we were not a democracy, just as many Trump cultists do regularly. You were wrong. And then you wonder why many worry about the "authoritarian" intentions of Trump and his followers?

Can you admit that we are a democracy, a representative and constitutional democracy? Yes or no?
Nope we are a Constitutional Republic.

The main difference between a republic and a democracy is the charter or constitution that limits power in a republic, often to protect the individual's rights against the desires of the majority. If your confused about what we have here in America,... its a Republic.

So you are still denying that we are a representative and constitutional democracy? Seriously?

The main difference between a republic and a democracy is the charter or constitution that limits power in a republic, often to protect the individual's rights against the desires of the majority.
But a charter or a constitution can do the same thing in a democracy as well. Hence a constitutional democracy. Again, we are both a constitutional republic and a constitutional democracy.

What is your obsession with trying to claim that the United States is only a republic and not a democracy? What bothers you so much about the United States being both a republic and a democracy?

The main difference between a republic and a democracy is the charter or constitution that limits power in a republic, often to protect the individual's rights against the desires of the majority. If your confused about what we have here in America,... its a Republic.
btw, shouldn't you give John C, Aldieri credit for this false statement, since it was he who wrote it?

You sure do plagiarize a lot from your Google searches.

We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic. Democracy is mob rule. If we were a Democracy Gay marriage would have never passed as it was rejected in every state it was ever brought up for a vote. And the fact the Founding Fathers specifically created the Electoral College to keep the mob from ruling.
Without the Electoral College, Gay Bay, Chicago and the Bronx would name all presidents. Arkansas and Wyoming would have no say.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT