ADVERTISEMENT

Relief for Americans held up by the Left's wish list

That's the worst spin ever. Again, do better.
Is it? Imagine not being a partisan conservative and hearing that republicans aren't holding up a relief bill because they disagree that all states should have early voting.

Good luck selling that line of crap to the American public. I'm sure it's a winning election strategy. /blue
good luck selling to the American people that opposition to voting is more important than their stimulus checks.

What a BS take. Nobody is against voting. If you think the legislation is worth while then push it as a stand alone bill.

Don't attach it to a relief bill.

Take a lap.
If no one is against voting why are republicans against the early voting section of the the relief bill? I mean if we all agree that voting is good I don't see why we would need a separate bill for it?

Reactions: davidallen
If no one is against voting why are republicans against the early voting section of the the relief bill? I mean if we all agree that voting is good I don't see why we would need a separate bill for it?
Sure... give that messaging a try during the crisis. Good luck with that.

Sure... give that messaging a try during the crisis. Good luck with that.
Try this messaging out in a crisis: "we really want to pass this relief bill but we disagree that people should be able to early vote"

The bi-partisan bill would have passed until Chuck threw in union members on boards and airlines carbon neutral and $15 minimum wage and other stuff not related to the virus.

Is it? Imagine not being a partisan conservative and hearing that republicans aren't holding up a relief bill because they disagree that all states should have early voting.

The federal government does not and should not have the power to control the vote of each state, the states have that exclusive power. Next?

The bi-partisan bill would have passed until Chuck threw in union members on boards and airlines carbon neutral and $15 minimum wage and other stuff not related to the virus.
Unconscionable to hold up relief just because you don't think workers should get representation or a living wage.

Reactions: davidallen
The person saying we shouldn't have early voting because "the system is already compromised" is calling something juvenile?

Yeah, your argument is silly.

Let’s add another level of complication to something we obviously can't secure.

Reactions: squeak
Ma’am. We couldn’t save your husband. We went in to replace his heart but noticed three other non life threatening issues we thought we would fix first.

I wish I could say the same for you. Did not even in my wildest dreams think I would see people take such anti worker anti American positions. But here we are.
What about fracking? There’s nothing in this bill to stop that. Shouldn’t that be included? If you’re not against fracking then you don’t believe in climate change.

Ma’am. We couldn’t save your husband. We went in to replace his heart but noticed three other non life threatening issues we thought we would fix first.
Is the line from the republicans.
Dems: Ma’am. We are happy to have saved your husband. We went in to replace his heart and noticed three other non life threatening issues we thought we would fix while we were in there. I hope he enjoys his new heart, an improved voting system, and his living wage.

What about fracking? There’s nothing in this bill to stop that. Shouldn’t that be included? If you’re not against fracking then you don’t believe in climate change.
I think it is risky to include controversial things in the relief bill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT