ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
I was expecting a slow year after the last two, but I am surprised that we have none. I figured we would at least hear something from some local kids or maybe Jacobe Smith. Early signing period is in a few weeks and I have not heard of a single commit. Most of the top 30 have committed, but there are a few out there. On the flip side we are pretty strong across all weights in the last 2 classes so they might be saving for next year to grab Gfeller and fix and others. We don't need anything right now, but it sure is fun to hear when a kid commits to the pokes.

Awesome! Seems like a good prospect. Hard to find info. Not many videos out there, but I remember some on the Iowa forum being disappointed when he committed Mizzu.

I have only watched the match v Isley, but that one looks promising. If he buys in to Coach Smith and really learns to use the low single series effectively he could be real fun to watch.

Speaking of recruiting, on the wrestle stats site it shows Garrett Beier of Perry as a 195 recruit for the class of 15. I must have missed that. I don't know much about him, but he won 3A states at 220. Anyone have more info?

Speaking of recruiting, on the wrestle stats site it shows Garrett Beier of Perry as a 195 recruit for the class of 15. I must have missed that. I don't know much about him, but he won 3A states at 220. Anyone have more info?

From the okstate.com roster...

High School: Attended Perry High School in Perry, Okla. … Went 128-16 under coach Ronnie Delk … 2015 3A Oklahoma high school state champion … Was a 2015 Oklahoma All-State for small schools selection … Also competed in football and baseball.

Personal: Born Aug. 5, 1997 to Mike and Lori … Has on sister, Morgan … Plans to study civil engineering.

From the okstate.com roster...

High School: Attended Perry High School in Perry, Okla. … Went 128-16 under coach Ronnie Delk … 2015 3A Oklahoma high school state champion … Was a 2015 Oklahoma All-State for small schools selection … Also competed in football and baseball.

Personal: Born Aug. 5, 1997 to Mike and Lori … Has on sister, Morgan … Plans to study civil engineering.
Thanks! That was no brainer and I completely missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT