ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

You can’t have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat
black and white lyrics GIF

Tom used to lead. Now he follows.
How's come you don't tell the majority of the Fans on the Iowa Board they are delusional because they think Tom is the Leader? You only do that here and on the PSU board. I wonder why that is..
Wild Turk is no friend of PSU fans. He knows why.
Sure I am. I have had many great interactions with PSU fans over the years.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
How's come you don't tell the majority of the Fans on the Iowa Board they are delusional because they think Tom is the Leader? You only do that here and on the PSU board. I wonder why that is..

Sure I am. I have had many great interactions with PSU fans over the years.
I guess delusions can be infectious. Many Iowa fans already know Tom is not the tiger he was 15 years ago. Don't let your mod status go to your head Turk. It's a thankless job.

Last edited:
I guess delusions can be infectious. Many Iowa fans already know Tom is not the tiget he was 15 years ago. Don't let your mod status go to your head Turk. It's a thankless job.
All I'm trying to say is that Tom Brands is the Leader and is very much in charge. If you are going to disparage him on BWI and here, you might aswell do it on the Iowa board you are on everyday. No reason to be a snake in the grass

It only took 1 day for someone to throw the "moderator" role in my face. I was asked to help and I agreed to. Big deal

All I'm trying to say is that Tom Brands is the Leader and is very much in charge. If you are going to disparage him on BWI and here, you might aswell do it on the Iowa board you are on everyday. No reason to be a snake in the grass

It only took 1 day for someone to throw the "moderator" role in my face. I was asked to help and I agreed to. Big deal

As much as I hate to say this, I think you are correct here. Tom is in charge. (That should be scary for Iowa fans.)

You had a nice mom. Mine told us that if we didn't finish our food, we couldn't get up from the table. Depression era parents were always unforgiving about food waste.
Well my mom might very well read this and she’ll appreciate your compliment lol

“Finish your plate” is funny logic bc when you eat too much your stomach expands, requiring bigger portions to feel full. To get through scarcity the thinking now is to embrace small portions.

Ok I’m done with the non-sequiters. Rassling news should be coming soon thank goodness 😅

Don't know where to put this comment, since it's neither recruiting nor portal news, but I think Gable Steveson is not long for the Buffalo Bills. He wasn't stellar last week, and last night did not enter the game against the Steelers as far as I could tell. I think it's becoming more likely that he will be available to wrestle second semester. This is guesswork on my part, but if Buchanan can command $500k, Steveson could command a heck of a lot more for three months of work. I'm thinking Iowa or Michigan if it actually happens. Certainly something to watch out for over time.

Last edited:
Don't know where to put this comment, since it's neither recruiting nor portal news, but I think Gable Steveson is not long for the Buffalo Bills. He wasn't stellar last week, and last night did not enter the game against the Steelers as far as I could tell. I think it's becoming more likely that he will be available to wrestle second semester. This is guesswork on my part, but if Buchanan can command $500k, Steveson could command a heck of a lot more for three months of work. I'm thinking Iowa or Michigan if it actually happens. Certainly something to watch out for over time.
He’ll bankrupt some poor program. He’s a heck of a wrestler though and a good instant fix.

I had seen on the always-trustworthy Twitter that if/when football doesn’t work out Gable was going to pursue MMA. I’ve never talked to the kid, have seen very few interviews as of late, but does anyone else think maybe he’s just burnt out on wrestling? It’s been his whole life (his name is GABLE for Pete’s sake), and he’s reached the pinnacle of the sport with a gold medal. Could be he’s just tired of it and wants to see what else is out there.

Heard this visit ended bad, the rewrestled the last 45 seconds of their match from Olympic trials. Gilman continued to back up, but this time Jax hit the shrug and took Gilman down. Then whispered in his ear, he is committing to PSU. The visit ended abruptly. Taylor grabbed the cowboy hat they gave him and both left on their horses. Got this from a second hand source

Heard this visit ended bad, the rewrestled the last 45 seconds of their match from Olympic trials. Gilman continued to back up, but this time Jax hit the shrug and took Gilman down. Then whispered in his ear, he is committing to PSU. The visit ended abruptly. Taylor grabbed the cowboy hat they gave him and both left on their horses. Got this from a second hand source
I heard the same. Also heard Gilman complimented him by saying “you were blazing young fellow!” and Jax proceeded to say “Is that how this is? Marcus Blaze is on your mind when you’re talking to me” like a jealous girlfriend. Ok State is out for Jax.

If it isn't on Mineo's feed, it can't be true.

I heard the same. Also heard Gilman complimented him by saying “you were blazing young fellow!” and Jax proceeded to say “Is that how this is? Marcus Blaze is on your mind when you’re talking to me” like a jealous girlfriend. Ok State is out for Jax.
To be fair what he actually said was… Come be a part of the future in Stillwater… We’re going to light the wrestling world up like a Blazing Forrest fire.
Fox News Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT