ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

To be fair what he actually said was… Come be a part of the future in Stillwater… We’re going to light the wrestling world up like a Blazing Forrest fire.
Fox News Reaction GIF by GIPHY News
Almost but not quite. What he said was, "Come be a part of the future in Stillwater… We’re going to light the wrestling world up like a Blazing Forrest fire while you lounge in a Bassinet".

Almost but not quite. What he said was, "Come be a part of the future in Stillwater… We’re going to light the wrestling world up like a Blazing Forrest fire while you lounge in a Bassinet".
Close… he actually said with you boys on the mat DT and I will be able to lounge back in the corner and turn you boys loose like a Basset on a bone.

Don't know where to put this comment, since it's neither recruiting nor portal news, but I think Gable Steveson is not long for the Buffalo Bills. He wasn't stellar last week, and last night did not enter the game against the Steelers as far as I could tell. I think it's becoming more likely that he will be available to wrestle second semester. This is guesswork on my part, but if Buchanan can command $500k, Steveson could command a heck of a lot more for three months of work. I'm thinking Iowa or Michigan if it actually happens. Certainly something to watch out for over time.
He never really had a chance to make an 53-man roster this year, let alone one as good as the Bills. It is really about if he is showing enough in practice that they want to keep him on the practice squad and let him develop.

I could be wrong but it is like $12K a week if you are on the practice squad.

I could be wrong but it is like $12K a week if you are on the practice squad.
That’s right, but it’s only for the season (18 weeks). Still a heckuva good deal for someone but just clarifying it’s not 600k a year. 216k for roughly 4 months. Now someone like gable is gonna probably lose 70k of that to taxes. So 150k take home for half a year of his time. Again, good deal for a guy who is jumping around lol.

Thanks for entering my brain for a minute. The rabbit hole is real.

That is the most irrelevant rule the NCAA has ever come up with. Each sport will scholarship to their individual economic situation. Exactly ZERO will fund 30 scholarships. What a stupid plan. I had zero respect for the NCAA before this. It's still at zero.
The NCAA has its role and fulfills it extremely well.

Providing obscene amounts of money to a group of adults who in turn pretend to give a shit about the well being and opportunities provided student-athletes.

OU has to be putting a curse on our team just about….now!
He was a Pennsylvania state champ as a Sophomore and runner up at 215 in 2024. Just looking at footage I would say he is going to be a heavyweight not a 197#. There are 2 other Pennsylvania 215 pounders ranked ahead of him by Flo.

Reactions: tom_v31
But as I’ve said many times… you need a HWT in the ‘25 class. You don’t want be relying on a true fr in ‘26. If he is being brought in as a HWT hopefully this guy can RS this year and be (at the least) a one year stop gap in ‘26. If Mocco is ready and can beat him in ‘27 then so be it imo.

Reactions: tom_v31 and rcsone1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT