ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings-The open Mat

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
OSU #1 in the open mat Recruiting rankings! Can't link the story but The open Mat ranks Oklahoma State #1 and Penn State 2nd in their recruiting rankings. The story also indicates that Preston Weigel may be the sleeper in this class of highly ranked recruits and that he is a "killer" on top.

This post was edited on 5/10 8:04 AM by oberebo

This post was edited on 5/10 8:07 AM by oberebo

Unless my spreadsheet is wrong, this my be the first year we've brought in 4, 4x state champions in the one recruiting class with Marstellar, Rogers, Blees and Harding. Closest before; 2009 with Perry, Bailey and Rupp with Caldwell joining later. Also, 2007 with Ashmore and Silver, with Albert White and Benefiel joining later.

You might find this interesting; since I started keeping recruiting info(1983), we have recruited 23; 4x state champions (not counting this year). Of those 23; only seven have been AA's (Caldwell, Chris Perry, Jared Rosholt, Frishkorn, Roller, Chris Owens and Chesbro) and only one NC in Perry (excluding T.J. Jaworsky who did not AA for us but was a 3x NC for NC, I think).

30% AA, 4% NC; not that great. 6 droped out before using all eligibility including, sadly, Friskorn and Jaworsky while 6 spent their whole time at OSU as reserves.

As I've said before, my data may be riddled with errors; but its all I've got. Mocco may have been a 4xer but I don't have that info.

This post was edited on 5/19 7:18 AM by Old Number Nine

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT