ADVERTISEMENT

Racism, Racism, Racism.

Ad Hominem Circumstantial - just two squares away from a moron bingo.

Fallacy_Bingo_X1.PNG
My2cents already has bingo.

This is why Trump won and will win again.

Oh, no doubt that reactionism, hate, and fear helped Trump win the electoral college in 2016. That and a misguided choice by Dems in terms of their nominee.

Question for you though, if Trump doesn't win the electoral college in 2020, will that tell you anything?

Last edited:
Oh, no doubt that reactionism, hate, and fear helped Trump win the electoral college in 2016. That and a misguided choice by Dems in terms of their nominee.

Question for you though, if Trump doesn't win the electoral college in 2020, will that tell you anything?
I don’t know what it will tell me and it probably won’t make much of a difference in my life because Bernie will never be president. And, at some point, people like Dave will get control of the Democratic Party and bring back sanity.

Bernie is a joke.

I don’t know what it will tell me

Would it tell you that Americans rejected what Trump advocated for and represented?

because Bernie will never be president. And, at some point, people like Dave will get control of the Democratic Party and bring back sanity.

Bernie is a joke.

lol, I never said if Trump lost "to Bernie." Just if Trump lost the electoral college.

Thanks though for the assumption that the nominee is going to be Sanders!:D

btw, there were a lot of people who said in 2016 that Trump would never be President. Be careful with absolutes when making predictions concerning American politics.

Being a white man with a black partner, I find this particular topic both fascinating and somewhat strange. I have definitely noticed the abundance of interracial couples on American TV. While I appreciate the 'inclusiveness' of the ads, I also agree that they're trying too hard.

I've been interested in diversity in advertising for a long time. When I was in Japan, I noticed roughly 8 to 10% of commercials featured a white or black person despite the fact there was less than 1% of us in the population. The commercials were clearly geared towards the Japanese consumer. Local advertisers didn't care if we bought the product or not. So why so many gaijin? The general belief was that foreigners stood out in the ads and brought more attention. In some ways, we were dancing monkeys.....but the ads worked and people noticed.

I'm curious if this is the same approach with American advertisers. Obviously, all ethnicities need to be given the feeling of inclusiveness and importance. And adding so many interracial and diverse family groups certainly draws a viewers attention and generates discussions such as these. In some ways, I'm glad advertisers are creating a sense of 'normalcy' for diverse lifestyles and relationships, but at what point does it seem forced?

Recently, we were shopping at Target on Memorial in Oklahoma City and noticed roughly 80% of the model photos on the wall were black or bi-racial models. Now, I have nothing against this, but what exactly is going on with American corporate advertising? This isn't a store in a predominantly black neighborhood. Come to think of it, where are the Hispanic and Latino models and actors?

Again, I'm not complaining about the abundance of interracial couples and black cultural influences and actually celebrate it to a degree.....but it would be really interesting to sit in on a 'Diversity in Advertising' lecture at a local university.

Being a white man with a black partner, I find this particular topic both fascinating and somewhat strange. I have definitely noticed the abundance of interracial couples on American TV. While I appreciate the 'inclusiveness' of the ads, I also agree that they're trying too hard.

I've been interested in diversity in advertising for a long time. When I was in Japan, I noticed roughly 8 to 10% of commercials featured a white or black person despite the fact there was less than 1% of us in the population. The commercials were clearly geared towards the Japanese consumer. Local advertisers didn't care if we bought the product or not. So why so many gaijin? The general belief was that foreigners stood out in the ads and brought more attention. In some ways, we were dancing monkeys.....but the ads worked and people noticed.

I'm curious if this is the same approach with American advertisers. Obviously, all ethnicities need to be given the feeling of inclusiveness and importance. And adding so many interracial and diverse family groups certainly draws a viewers attention and generates discussions such as these. In some ways, I'm glad advertisers are creating a sense of 'normalcy' for diverse lifestyles and relationships, but at what point does it seem forced?

Recently, we were shopping at Target on Memorial in Oklahoma City and noticed roughly 80% of the model photos on the wall were black or bi-racial models. Now, I have nothing against this, but what exactly is going on with American corporate advertising? This isn't a store in a predominantly black neighborhood. Come to think of it, where are the Hispanic and Latino models and actors?

Again, I'm not complaining about the abundance of interracial couples and black cultural influences and actually celebrate it to a degree.....but it would be really interesting to sit in on a 'Diversity in Advertising' lecture at a local university.

Having been in interracial relationships myself the ads seem forced upon people in my opinion. I didn't see very many at all prior to 2016. After Trump won it kind of skyrocketed with more and more up till now.
I have no problem with how people want tk live their life but I truly think its an agenda with these Companies.
As a side note 3 of the women I dated, a black female and the other 2 were from Guatemala. The parents and Families of the 2 from Guatemala were not very happy about our relationship because I was white and they didn't work out because of pressure being put on them to stay within their own race. I didn't like it but respected it, I didn't call them a bunch of racists because of it like the lefties do with Whites.
Some people are down with it and some are not, thats life and exists in many Cultures not just White Folk.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
Having been in interracial relationships myself the ads seem forced upon people in my opinion. I didn't see very many at all prior to 2016. After Trump won it kind of skyrocketed with more and more up till now.
I have no problem with how people want tk live their life but I truly think its an agenda with these Companies.
As a side note 3 of the women I dated, a black female and the other 2 were from Guatemala. The parents and Families of the 2 from Guatemala were not very happy about our relationship because I was white and they didn't work out because of pressure being put on them to stay within their own race. I didn't like it but respected it, I didn't call them a bunch of racists because of it like the lefties do with Whites.
Some people are down with it and some are not, thats life and exists in many Cultures not just White Folk.
Kudos for respecting the parents beliefs that their sons could do better.

Kudos for respecting the parents beliefs that their sons could do better.

Nah, the story was about women from Guatemala not Men named David from Oregon. You are showing your Gay tendencies again Dave, marrying your sister is not a good cover.

Reactions: iasooner1
Nah, the story was about women from Guatemala not Men named David from Oregon. You are showing your Gay tendencies again Dave, marrying your sister is not a good cover.
My bad. Thought you identified as female.

Pronouns. Let's all put our pronouns in our signatures. Whose with me?

My bad. Thought you identified as female.

Pronouns. Let's all put our pronouns in our signatures. Whose with me?

Thats because your eyes are fat, squint when you read, it not only helps you to read but will make you look slimmer when you look in the mirror.

@my_2cents get this racist out of here

Reactions: okcpokefan12
There are those - right here in this thread - who feel their "culture" is at risk.

Truth is, some people get a warm fuzzy when they see a progressive view of modern life. Making positive associations with a brand, nothing wrong with that. If it didn't work, you can bet agencies and the advertisers wouldn't be doing it.

Here it is. The ads are opioids for white guilt.

There are those - right here in this thread - who feel their "culture" is at risk.

No doubt about that David. This of course explains the support that Trump has. They are invested in him because they see him as the savior and protector of their culture. Trump recognized the power of appealing to their fears and biases and he has consistently played to that. He isn't the first political leader to this of course. Fear can be a powerful motivator when it comes to politics.

What I find so interesting is how they themselves deny what they really think and fear. You get threads like this that make it clear, but once they get called on it, they play dumb. Why don't they just own up to what they are about? Everyone else sees it, it isn't like it would shock the rest of us!

Perhaps. I honestly can say that I haven't noticed what they are claiming to see in terms of interracial marriages/couples. I guess it is there, but it doesn't strike me one way or another. I have never watched a commercial and thought, "that was an interracial couple."

My culture is just not their culture. And of course, therein lies the conflict.

You have the same culture as everyone here, dipshit.

Last edited:
"Sunburnt Indian" may be a slang term from the Kiowa to describe black Indians.

My g-g-great grandfather in Morgan County, Alabama claimed "Black Dutch" but government officials didn't buy in. He was forced to pack his bags for Haskell County, Oklahoma.

My DNA ethnicity testing was done at Genelex Labs in Seattle in 2008 and repeated at 23andme Dec., 2018. My parents were different colors.

my_2cents continues to clearly demonstrate the IQ of a brick.

lol, I never said if Trump lost "to Bernie." Just if Trump lost the electoral college.
You missed the point, which was that I don’t believe any of the Dems who could win - Biden - would have much effect on my life. One who could, if his policies were enacted, is Bernie. And, of course, that will never happen.

In regards to the diversity in ads, could be a lot of this is coast mentality.

These national commercial campaigns for Progressive, Coca-cola, Chevrolet, etc, are created and developed in New York, LA, San Francisco. Have you walked the streets of Manhattan or Burbank lately? Seen any couples that weren’t interracial?

I think this stuff is the norm in the big city but not so much in Omaha or Tulsa.

Some of you make it so obvious.

Love the doc pepper gameday ad with the black grillmaster and his cute black gf that was 'late', kissed him and he detected dijon mustard. She was 'cheating' on him with the heavy set, white gal that uses propane to cook her onion volcano. "Tastes the same to me" she says to the heartbroken boyfriend.
SO Many delicious connotations being addressed here

Reactions: OUSOONER67
"Sunburnt Indian" may be a slang term from the Kiowa to describe black Indians.

My g-g-great grandfather in Morgan County, Alabama claimed "Black Dutch" but government officials didn't buy in. He was forced to pack his bags for Haskell County, Oklahoma.

My DNA ethnicity testing was done at Genelex Labs in Seattle in 2008 and repeated at 23andme Dec., 2018. My parents were different colors.

my_2cents continues to clearly demonstrate the IQ of a brick.

El lol!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT