ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. Scott Weiland

CarrolltonPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The guy had a lot of talent but it seems his drug issues were in the news all the way back to the early 1990s. They haven't given a cause of death but unfortunately we've seen this happen too many times before.

Reactions: MegaPoke
That's crazy, he had a show booked at Diamond ballroom (OKC) this month. That's too bad, I liked the majority of the stuff he did throughout his career.

One of my fondest memories from high school (and there aren't many), was going to see Stone Temple Pilots along with Flaming Lips and Butthole Surfers at Mohawk Park in Tulsa in August of 1993.

Got home soaking wet and covered in mud (they had the hoses going for the whole show since it was outdoors) and in a slightly altered state of consciousness.

Good times. :(

Made it a lot longer than I expected. RIP to one of the voices of my youth.

Yup, child of the 90s here. Core, Purple, and Vatican Gift Shop were jammed frequently in the ride in high school. I haven't listened to any of their newer stuff, yet.

For those that were at OSU around the turn of the century, did anything kick more ass than R-Kane's cover of Sex Type Thing every Wednesday night at Willie's?

R-Kane was awesome. The only band you could see on the strip that I could stomach. So much better than hearing the same 7 red dirt songs every night for 5 years.

Reactions: nathajw
R-Kane was awesome. The only band you could see on the strip that I could stomach. So much better than hearing the same 7 red dirt songs every night for 5 years.

Agree. To this day "Boys from Oklahoma" will make me look for the nearest ice pick to jab to into both ears.

"My baby loves me when I'm stoned" makes me want to do the same thing.

R-Kane did a TOOL cover that was great too.

I've been listening to STP like crazy and ran across this. I hadn't seen it before. He put a whole album of Christmas music.This guy was so talented. What a waste.

This is one of my favorite unplugged performances.

This news didn't shock me, but certainly put a damper on my day.

I remember the first time I heard Core. I had my jeep with the top off and heading to the gym. Adrenaline rush from hell. Loved that era in music.

I read a very sad statement from his wife .. Something along the lines of "Are family appreciates the thoughts, we did not lose Scott yesterday, we lost him a long time ago. Yesterday we lost hope"

I think "12 Bar Blues" is a really good, largely forgotten/unknown solo album he put out in the late 90s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT