ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P. Hans Gruber/Severus Snape

This makes me sad for sure. He was awesome.

Btw, Abe Vigoda is still alive.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Didn't he also play the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?

He also was deliciously evil as the rancher Marsten in 'Quigley Down Under.'

When it's on, I often switch over just to see the final gunfight between Quigley and Marsten and two of his henchmen.

Selleck to a dying Rickman in the dust: "I told you I never had much use for one (Colt revolver). I never said I didn't know how to use one."

Great, great actor. Sad news...never heard anything bad about him.

He was awesome in Robin Hood. Actually, and this my opinion, he carried that gawd awful movie because Costner just didn't make a good Robin Hood.

I still watch it when it comes on, only because it's like a slow motion car wreck.

Honestly, take Cary Elwes out of "Men in Tights", give him the same script, and he would have knocked that out of the park. Put Costner in that parody.

Btw, the voice of the depressed robot in "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" was Rickman as well.

He was just solid, and I think with his voice, would have been awesome in a Lord of the Rings wizard type role later in life. Bowie was a shock, but this is just sad.

Reactions: CBradSmith
I don't know why, but I did really like this guy.

Personally, I think the answer to that question is pretty simple. I first saw him in Die Hard as Hans Gruber. Not only was that movie a totally kick ass fun ride, but he came across as a perfect villain. Very intelligent and calculating while being totally psychotic. For me, the best thing about his performance was the scene where he randomly ran into Bruce Willis, and shifted from his thick German accent to a perfect American accent while playing the role of terrified business man in need of help. All in all, just a fantastic performance, from start to finish, as the diabolical heartless villain who was always 1 step ahead of the good guys.

Then, he did a great job as the evil S. of Nottingham, followed by a benign hilarious character in Galaxy Quest. I am not a huge fan of the Harry Potter movies, but loved the books, and thought he knocked it out of the park as Snape.

Ultimately, it still comes down to Hans Gruber. First time I saw him and he executed the role perfectly.

Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper
Has anyone seen Something the Lord Made? I think it was an HBO movie. Rickman starred in it, as the doctor who performed the first open-heart surgery. The movie was really good, and Rickman was great.

Sad to see him pass.

By Grabthar's Hammer, he shall be avenged. I had watched the last half of Galaxy Quest not 30 minutes before I learned of his passing.

I can think of a couple of movies he was in that weren't the best, but I can't think of a performance of his which wasn't good.

Interesting tribute by Daniel Radcliffe talking about how he had never done a premiere, appeared on stage, etc. that Rickman didn't show up in support of him. Sounds like not only was a good actor, but a good person.

Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT