ADVERTISEMENT

DT's First Recruiting Class/Top Recruit

Gotcha, so OSU fans aren't wrong that Ben had some pretty big issues with the OSU program. You just think he hid it well and a lot of us thought he actually didn't hide it all that well.
I don’t think he hid it well at all on the air. He was pretty up front about his feelings toward OSU. I actually like most of askren’s takes and enjoyed him on his podcasts, but when ever the subject of OSU would come up, especially by CP, Ben may make a casual comment but immediately change subjects. He still holds a grudge against a regular wrestler he couldn’t bonus. Respecting someone is different than liking someone.

It makes sense though what @vhsalum is saying about him changing subjects. You can interpret why however you want to but we all agree he changed subjects. We as OSU fans took it as a slight while @vhsalum is saying it was out of respect he didn’t want to talk crap on us. At least that’s what I’m getting out of this.

Falling Asleep Dr Steve Brule GIF

Can we just table this exhausting talking point?

Bangers bang, real recognizes real and crybabies, well, they cry.

This thread was derailed about a real banger that’s perceived to cry about another real banger.

I’d rather discuss DTs first group of bangers.

who's podcast?

also i'm w/ VHS as usual.

Ben didn't have an ax to grind with OKST and still doesn't. He was perpetually disappointed with their performance + culture + never addressing it.

ben is very black & white. pretty sure he once said he thinks he even might be on the spectrum.

i don't even think the guy can have bias. he calls it like he sees it.

notice no AWA kid ever went to Iowa. Keckeisen believed in Doug Schwab and Ben blessed it b/c he has confidence in Doug.

it's a culture and confidence thing. he's not going to advise his guys to go where there are distractions or noticeable lack of development.

simple as that.

I have no idea which young man he will end up getting to Stillwater, but I am taking an eductated guess he will want to get that connection established. KOT or Parker for post college RTC? Portal from one of his existing guys at another school? One of his younger guys who may not seem like a huge recruit but could establish the relationship? I don't have your knowledge of current high school wrestling but I will be surprised if there isn't a former AWA athlete training in Stillwater within 2 years? Do you think Ben wouldn't encourage this since he naturally despises OSU? I know he thinks a great deal of DT.
my bad, James (you're a very good, kind poster btw)

i thought you were suggesting a particular recruit.

i just don't see anyone currently uncommitted at AWA that fits OKST

who's podcast?

also i'm w/ VHS as usual.

Ben didn't have an ax to grind with OKST and still doesn't. He was perpetually disappointed with their performance + culture + never addressing it.

ben is very black & white. pretty sure he once said he thinks he even might be on the spectrum.

i don't even think the guy can have bias. he calls it like he sees it.

notice no AWA kid ever went to Iowa. Keckeisen believed in Doug Schwab and Ben blessed it b/c he has confidence in Doug.

it's a culture and confidence thing. he's not going to advise his guys to go where there are distractions or noticeable lack of development.

simple as that.
on the FRL podcast Ben freely admited he was biased all the time, but he is a professional and he honest to a fault.
Now, it could be true, he did not respect the staff at osu, but it didn’t come across that way. As an osu fan, i could have interpreted his constant interrupting and changing the subject, every time OSU was brought up, as if he hated OSU. Instead, he did not like the staff or found the team interesting enough to talk about.
I do see things through orange colored glasses

I’m not following. We as in “OSU”. I’m not sure what PSU has to do with it? And I’m BS’n anyway. I want DT to go get who DT wants.
I apologize. It was a joke...not a good one obviously. Lol. For years, Hawkeye fans have accused Willie of pushing kids to PSU. Some have even said he was on the PSU payroll. When you said "that's what WE have you for", I was making a Crack that you stole DT now you're stealing Willie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT