ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Commerical Hunting business

SquatchinPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2021
So, for the animals you buy how hard is it then to get the commercial tags or are these animals sold with them?

I tried to buy a giraffe to shot at my BIL land and man I might be on a PETA hit list now. Anyways we are looking at this and I am trying to see how you would even put a company together like this.

I am thinking Bison, Water Buffalo, and maybe like some sort of Ram maybe Dall Rams. Then birds like Quail and peasant. I assume those are just during hunting season.

Thanks, I just need a nudge in the right direction to research this rabbit hole.

Wow walking the whole property with game warden to push out the wild game. Do they think I have that many people that like me.

So, for the animals you buy how hard is it then to get the commercial tags or are these animals sold with them?

I tried to buy a giraffe to shot at my BIL land and man I might be on a PETA hit list now. Anyways we are looking at this and I am trying to see how you would even put a company together like this.

I am thinking Bison, Water Buffalo, and maybe like some sort of Ram maybe Dall Rams. Then birds like Quail and peasant. I assume those are just during hunting season.

Thanks, I just need a nudge in the right direction to research this rabbit hole.
You want to shoot a Giraffe? I have literally never heard of that.

You want to shoot a Giraffe? I have literally never heard of that.
We just picked up a Hereford show steer hide from our taxidermist. He had a picture on his wall of him with a Giraffe. He is getting a shoulder mount of it. Also now a guy in Cordell (went to high school with his daughter) he shot a Giraffe and has its hide.

We just picked up a Hereford show steer hide from our taxidermist. He had a picture on his wall of him with a Giraffe. He is getting a shoulder mount of it. Also now a guy in Cordell (went to high school with his daughter) he shot a Giraffe and has its hide.

I don’t get the draw.

Where’s the challenge? They aren’t exactly elusive are they?

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
I don’t get the draw.

Where’s the challenge? They aren’t exactly elusive are they?
giraffe GIF

Last I knew, Oklahoma really wasn't a very friendly state for big game commercial hunting.

Last I knew, Oklahoma really wasn't a very friendly state for big game commercial hunting.
I am thinking Dall rams, water buffalo, bison, and then deer. Then try to bring in birds to fill in hunts. (Birds might be for me)

How much land are you talking?
240 acres he wants to run cows but man I think there is a chance at some real money. I think I went to far when I said I will get my pilots license and we can offer a heli hog hunt. lol

• Haha
Reactions: tcpoke
Pheasant/Quail/Chucker can we money makers if run properly. Will need to build some flight pins and have some good dogs to justify the pricing required to cash flow.

240 acres is way too small to scale up any kind of large animal operation. They will have that place looking like a desert in short order.

Pheasant/Quail/Chucker can we money makers if run properly. Will need to build some flight pins and have some good dogs to justify the pricing required to cash flow.

240 acres is way too small to scale up any kind of large animal operation. They will have that place looking like a desert in short order.
Ok I thought we could do at least Buffalo because the guy before ran 100 longhorn on it but after researching these outfits now I see some are bigger by at least 100 acres. So they are at minimum hitting 350 acres. I looked at a 11k ranch just east of me yesterday. My wife told me she would have to leave me if I bought it because she would be a widow basically.

Running a guide service like this would be one of the best jobs in the world IMO. If I make 16 million in the next year, I am pulling the trigger on the ranch. This is one where I ask for forgiveness then permission.

I have thought about birds though one because I love bird hunting but two because of the property. The guys next door make a buck doing this and I am interested. I doubt my BIL lets me ever do anything though. I have been starting a war chest for a minimum of 500 acres. If a damn refi boom would hit and I could trick my wife I would be there in less, then a year.

If you do birds you could also set up a clay shoot range or something to set it aside. I did something like this at a ranch in Texas and it was dope. I shot till I had to stop because my shoulder was so bruised. Cool place.

Anyways just my ADHD working in the turkey blind this year.

I already got busted buying land in Alaska this year. So, the wife is onto me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT