ADVERTISEMENT

Question For Those Cheering The “Pager Attack”

You are almost assuredly wrong here. If you have actual facts to back that up I'd like to see it. Otherwise you are introducing facts not in evidence.
Explain to me how Israel knew to whom the pagers would be handed. How did they know?

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
Explain to me how you know they didn't.
Because it is impossible to know who would be given 3 to 5 thousand pagers. In fact, as the article points out, some of the pagers were given to members of Hezbollah that were part of the civil government, not fighters at all. But even if every one of them went to a Hezbollah fighter Israel knew it would explode them in places surrounded by innocent civilians, and didn't care about the collateral damage. IMO they didn't care because they wanted the collateral damage to along with the damage to the fighters. Not only was it a violation of international humanitarian law, it was terrorism at its highest level. Look, I know I can't stop you from cheering the bloodshed, but at least you should admit it is bloodshed from an act of terror.

Because it is impossible to know who would be given 3 to 5 thousand pagers. In fact, as the article points out, some of the pagers were given to members of Hezbollah that were part of the civil government, not fighters at all. But even if every one of them went to a Hezbollah fighter Israel knew it would explode them in places surrounded by innocent civilians, and didn't care about the collateral damage. IMO they didn't care because they wanted the collateral damage to along with the damage to the fighters. Not only was it a violation of international humanitarian law, it was terrorism at its highest level. Look, I know I can't stop you from cheering the bloodshed, but at least you should admit it is bloodshed from an act of terror.
Do you know if every pager given out exploded or did maybe Israel have intelligence on which ones to explode? You say it's impossible. I say you just aren't smart enough to figure out a solution.

Oh my goodness, @Ostatedchi, the pager incident is a textbook case of indiscriminate terrorism. Israel had no idea who was going to be handed the pagers. They assumed they would go to Hezbollah fighters, but even then they knew the pagers would be set off in places surrounded by innocent people. It wasn't like Israel intended to wait until all those fighters were gathered together in a couple of places and then they'd strike. The whole intention was to spread terror far and wide throughout the whole country. And based on things I've read and watched it has worked, the Lebanese are terrified. Injuring a couple thousand fighters - if that is what they were after - is not going to seriously damage Lebanon's ability to defend itself from invasion. Israel wanted to let the Lebanese know they could get to them any time they wanted, which is exactly what terrorists want. (The Hamas attack on October 7 was a blatant act of terrorism. But that's for a different discussion.)
Again, misguided rhetoric from the kafir lover. It was not indiscriminate terrorism, it was targeted pest control. Your side simply cannot keep up with the good Hebrews so you become the classic Texas fan shouting "KNOW EXCUSES" at the top of your lungs to be heard over all the exploding terrorist bollocks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT