ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Mega

BvillePoker

Heisman Candidate
Dec 29, 2004
@MegaPoke My step daughter is getting married and I am getting quotes from photographers. I need a reference point and your opinion. I am getting quotes that are around $1,000.00 for 3 hours and 50 digitally edited photos on USB stick. $1,200.00 gets me 4 hours and 100 photographs. I know since she is getting married on valentines day the services get to charge a bit of a premium, but are these reasonable in your opinion? Anything I need to be concerned about when choosing? Make sure that is included etc? Thanks for your help.

@MegaPoke My step daughter is getting married and I am getting quotes from photographers. I need a reference point and your opinion. I am getting quotes that are around $1,000.00 for 3 hours and 50 digitally edited photos on USB stick. $1,200.00 gets me 4 hours and 100 photographs. I know since she is getting married on valentines day the services get to charge a bit of a premium, but are these reasonable in your opinion? Anything I need to be concerned about when choosing? Make sure that is included etc? Thanks for your help.

I would say they might be reasonable depending on the photographer but it really depends on their work. I definitely think it's a bargain price IF their work justifies using them. Shoot me a link to their portfolio and I'll tell ya what I think. shipmanphotos@yahoo.com

As someone who has used him for a wedding, I'd recommend @MegaPoke , my wife and I weren't even remotely disappointed.

Reactions: MegaPoke
If the photog that did my wedding was still in business, I'd insure that you didn't use him.

It was back in 95 and it was still all done on film. We were his 2nd of 3 weddings that day, so naturally he was in a decent hurry, but at the time didn't feel too rushed. Took plenty of pictures prior to the ceremony, during, and the normal ones after the ceremony.

So, a couple of weeks later, our album with all of the proofs show up, and we spend time looking through it. Then all of a sudden we realize that there wasn't a SINGLE PICTURE of just her and I. Not one picture of just the bride and groom. Not one. We couldn't believe it. Called him and he dug through his negatives, and sure enough. So, luckily he used a primitive photo editing software program to remove the attendants from one picture and the minister from another and combined them so we could get one of just us. To his credit, he did a good job of that, except there's a bump in her dress where a step was in one of the originals that didn't exist in the background of the other that was used.

Crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT