ADVERTISEMENT

q for you forestry guys

rmdelta1

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2003
would appropriate forest mgmt, clearing out the under brush, have LESSENED, not eliminated, the smoke problems in cali and canada? is there a difference in the damge from smoke and fires generated on private land v government owned land? is gov land forestry mgmt different from private land forestry mgmt? if so, would it have made a material difference in the recent smoky conditions in ny and cali?

i can read, so i know the answer, but would like to hear it from the forestry experts.

and as a double major acct and econ, i love working the word material into my postings.

one bullet at time snowflakes, one bullet at a time

Lessened by a ton, it also prevents the worst type of wildfires that run in the crowns of trees. Because prescribed burns (run correctly ie not like the d-bags from the forest service in NM a few years ago) clear out the underbrush & dead trees, the fires burn less hot, slower & also create the heat that opens some conifer cones to release seeds for germination. There is also thought that by "scarring" the trunk areas of trees it protects them from future less intense fires.

When the environmental fools basically shut down the forest harvesting in the US they also made it much harder to access active fires because when companie like Georgia Pacific, Weyerhaeuser etc use to have allotments for harvesting, especially when they moved away from harvesting in squares, they created numerous logging roads which in case of wildfires created instant access for the firefighters to pounce on areas of active fire unless they decided to let the firs burn the undergrowth.

Not sure about the smoke though, would assume the less actual "green" material burning I would guess the less the smoke. In general if the environmentalist & non-elected government clowns are for it, they are going to be wrong & thus I would be against :).

would appropriate forest mgmt, clearing out the under brush, have LESSENED, not eliminated, the smoke problems in cali and canada? is there a difference in the damge from smoke and fires generated on private land v government owned land? is gov land forestry mgmt different from private land forestry mgmt? if so, would it have made a material difference in the recent smoky conditions in ny and cali?

i can read, so i know the answer, but would like to hear it from the forestry experts.

and as a double major acct and econ, i love working the word material into my postings.

one bullet at time snowflakes, one bullet at a time
Rakes

Rakes #amirite?
“Brushrake”, to be precise, Spanky. See them all over the Kisatchie.

Postphoto.jpg

The Omega Block is showing signs of moving out to sea which will allow the smoke to blow somewhere besides the Northeast.
If people's lives and property are not in danger, let nature run its course like it has for thousands of years. The new growth will be stronger and more diverse than the current old growth that is now burning.

either mankind will manage forests or mother nature will manage forests. mother nature just takes longer.

circular firing squad?

it's ok for china to build 100's of coal fired power plants to supply lithium to the usa for electric cars. electricity and charging stations are NOT gonna be available any time soon. but you progressive morans keep ramming ev's up our asses, while china, india and russia never buy into climate change bullshit.

"the science" was wrong on every decision dealing with covid, but now you pencil neck geeks think these same science guys can predict weather in a 100 yrs.

i was born at night, but it wasn't last night

cold dead hands skippy, cold dead hands

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT