ADVERTISEMENT

Parents Charged

seems like the blame is shitty parents? Why are you all arguing with this person blaming inanimate objects?

seems like the blame is shitty parents?
Sometimes part of the blame can be the parents.

The common denominator in all school shootings though is the gun. The common denominator in all gun violence is the gun.

No, explain your rationale.
There are different legal and/or political interpretations of the Second Amendment (as the article I linked to noted). The right-wing in this country current has an interpretation, as does the left-wing. There are other interpretations too.

At the moment, the right-wing fights tooth and nail against most gun control laws using its interpretation of that Amendment. This hiders us from addressing a major problem in our country.

Sometimes part of the blame can be the parents.

The common denominator in all school shootings though is the gun. The common denominator in all gun violence is the gun.
So do all knives stab? Lol bro shitty parents and mental health if you really want to see kids stopped being killed. At least got to fight for their lives unlike the unborn am I right?

Lol bro shitty parents and mental health if you really want to see kids stopped being killed.
What a shock. Blame everything but the gun. Got to protect those guns at all costs, right?

At least got to fight for their lives unlike the unborn am I right?
lol, and then circle back to abortion.

If only you right-wingers cared about people dying from guns as much as you do an unborn fetus!

There are different legal and/or political interpretations of the Second Amendment (as the article I linked to noted). The right-wing in this country current has an interpretation, as does the left-wing. There are other interpretations too.

At the moment, the right-wing fights tooth and nail against most gun control laws using its interpretation of that Amendment. This hiders us from addressing a major problem in our country.
There are no political interpretations of the constitution period.

"In Michigan, a person under the age of 18 generally may not possess a firearm in public except under the direct supervision of an adult 18 years of age or older.

Persons under age 18 may possess a firearm while at, or going to or from, a recognized target range or trap or skeet shooting ground if, while going to or from the range or ground, the firearm is enclosed and securely fastened in a case or locked in the trunk of a motor vehicle.

Persons under age 18 may also possess a firearm while hunting game under the authority of a hunting license on land upon which a parent or guardian is regularly domiciled or where a parent or guardian, or another adult at least 18 years old authorized by a parent or guardian, accompanies the minor.

Michigan prohibits any person from knowingly selling a firearm “more than 26 inches in length” to a person under age 18.

Michigan also prohibits issuance of a to any person under age 18. If the handgun is to be purchased from a federally licensed dealer, the applicant must be age 21 or older."

Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Michigan

There is no law in Michigan that requires gun owners to keep guns locked away from children. But remember in this instance, the parents bought the gun for their son who could have not purchased it on his own and publicly bragged the purchase.

I'm sure there is also no law that says someone can't search for gun ammunition on the internet. However, schools have policies as to what students can do on the internet while at school. I don't know what this school's policies are.

With all that said, remember, this is involuntary manslaughter. So in charging the parents, you are looking at at their behavior and rather that behavior was careless or reckless.

Do you believe the text the mother sent to her son was careless or reckless? Their behavior at the meeting? Their behavior after the meeting? Their behavior with the gun knowing their son's situation?

Do you believe that is what is occurring here given the information you have been provided?

That's all well and good but what laws did the parents violate? From what you posted I do not see where any laws were broken but then again, I'm not letting my emotions make effect my opinion.

As usual, you are just flat out wrong.

btw, I never stated searching a student's backpack has the same standard as personal property outside a school. A search warrant is normally required for that. However, searching a student's backpack requires reasonable suspicion.

Are you now going to try to argue with what the law is??😆😆 ...

"Students have a privacy right in their personal belongings, such as backpacks, and school officials must have “reasonable suspicion” before searching a student’s items. Lockers, on the other hand, are owned by the school, so the school can search those without having “reasonable suspicion.

"In the world outside of schools, searches of personal property typically cannot be conducted unless law enforcement has a search warrant. To get a search warrant, police officers have to convince a judge that they have a good reason to search someone’s house or belongings. The Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution protects people against unreasonable searches and seizures to protect their privacy interests in their homes and personal belongings. Typically, to constitute a “reasonable” search under the law, law enforcement needs a warrant before conducting the search.

"But courts have decided that students are not subject to the full privacy protections that the Fourth Amendment guarantees because school authorities do not need a warrant to search a student’s belongings—they only need “reasonable suspicion” of injury or wrongdoing. This means that a school official cannot just randomly stop a student in the hall and force that student to hand over their backpack for a search. That student must have given the school a legitimate reason for searching the backpack, such as potentially having a weapon or illegal drugs in the backpack."

Proving You Wrong Once Again
Seriously? You’re citing a Q&A page that doesn’t cite cases? Why don’t you just cite L.A. Law? That article may very well be correct under Michigan law, and if so, the people can change it. But school officials in Louisiana and certain other jurisdictions in the south pretty much have carte blanche. And very few school shootings.

That's all well and good but what laws did the parents violate?
Do the parents have to break any laws to be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

Remember, involuntary manslaughter is when a person had no intention of killing another person, but due to their careless or reckless actions, the person caused the death of another human being.

Do you believe the parents' actions were careless or reckless?

Last edited:
That article may very well be correct under Michigan law, and if so, the people can change it. But school officials in Louisiana and certain other jurisdictions in the south pretty much have carte blanche.
The law is the same in Louisiana too...

"The teacher, principal, school security guard, or administrator may search the person of a student or his personal effects when, based on the attendant circumstances at the time of the search, there are reasonable grounds to suspect that the search will reveal evidence that the student has violated the law, a school rule, or a school board policy. Such a search shall be conducted in a manner that is reasonably related to the purpose of the search and not excessively intrusive in light of the age or sex of the student and the nature of the suspected offense."

"The parish and city school systems of the state are the exclusive owners of all public school buildings and all desks and lockers within the building assigned to any student and any other area of any public school building or grounds set aside specifically for the personal use of the students. Any teacher, principal, school security guard, or administrator in any parish or city school system of the state may search any building, desk, locker, area, or grounds for evidence that the law, a school rule, or parish or city school board policy has been violated."

Once again, you are wrong

Do the parents have to break any laws to be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

Remember, involuntary manslaughter is when a person had no intention of killing another person, but due to their careless or reckless actions, the person caused the death of another human being.

Do you believe the parents' actions were careless or reckless?

I think the parents were dumbasses but as we see every day, that's not against the law.
If I am not mistaken you said the parents kept the gun in one of their bedroom drawers, proving they didn't give the kid free access to the gun. That is all that will be needed to avoid conviction IMO.

I completely understand the outrage, but we are a nation of laws not emotions. If you want to avoid situations like this in the future maybe you should reconsider the changes you leftist have demanded in our schools. Let's put discipline back in our schools and quit catering to the lowest of lows. Sorry but we tried it your way and the results are a disaster.

What a shock. Blame everything but the gun. Got to protect those guns at all costs, right?

lol, and then circle back to abortion.

If only you right-wingers cared about people dying from guns as much as you do an unborn fetus!
I do I will teach my kid that a gun and bullet do damage that kills people. My son will respect firearms and mine are locked up in a safe that I am the only human on Earth has the code to not even my wife. So please tell me again how guns are the problem.

Also are knives the common denominator in the guy that stabbed several people? So we not eating steak with knives? Answer pal you threw the shit so own you to it. Did the gun load itself and draw the trigger back. Left is such a joke on abortion and guns.

I think the parents were dumbasses but as we see every day, that's not against the law.
Do you believe their actions and behavior (all of them that was given to you) were careless and reckless? I'm not asking you if they were against the law. That isn't the standard. I am simply asking, do you believe they were careless and reckless?

Let's put discipline back in our schools and quit catering to the lowest of lows.
What type of discipline in the schools would have prevented this shooting? What discipline has leftist taking away that would have prevented this shooting?

So please tell me again how guns are the problem.
Their purpose is to kill or do harm. Guns are part of the problem.

Why do you keep you gun locked up and away from your son? I mean, if it is just an inanimate object, why the need for you to lock it up? Do you lock up your knives in the kitchen?

Their purpose is to kill or do harm. Guns are part of the problem.

Why do you keep you gun locked up and away from your son? I mean, if it is just an inanimate object, why the need for you to lock it up? Do you lock up your knives in the kitchen?
Because he isn’t 21 and it’s illegal also from people who might break into my home and steal them when I am gone. It is a weapon yes for hunting and protection.

I do lock my knives up from my son they are a weapon and can cause harm in the wrong hands.

You lock up all the knives in your kitchen?
Everything but a butter knife yes it’s called child proofing your home. I take parenting serous and it is my duty to protect my kid till he is 18 at least. Don’t worry I will make sure until I die that I am always parenting my and protecting my child. These parents took a child and said ****ed up stuff. You don’t put a kid in that spot you talk to them and if you can’t help you find help. Don’t say get better so you don’t get caught. But hey pass the blame onto that gun so the next one uses their car and mows people down oh wait.

Do you believe their actions and behavior (all of them that was given to you) were careless and reckless? I'm not asking you if they were against the law. That isn't the standard. I am simply asking, do you believe they were careless and reckless?

What type of discipline in the schools would have prevented this shooting? What discipline has leftist taking away that would have prevented this shooting?

Not any more careless than millions of other Americans. When I was a kid, I had access to every firearm we owned, even carried one in the back window of my truck to school every day. Never had an issue. My wife, daughter and son had access to a couple of our firearms just in case they needed to defend themselves from some scumbag. Was I reckless/Careless?

As to punishment, it starts in elementary school. Kids learn that bad actions have bad consequences. I don't have an issue with busting their butts, but I understand some parents do. Keep the kids out of recess and other fun activities, make them write the same sentence on the black board all day or whatever the snowflake parents will allow but some sort of punishment has to be had for the wrong behavior.

Not any more careless than millions of other Americans. When I was a kid, I had access to every firearm we owned, even carried one in the back window of my truck to school every day. Never had an issue. My wife, daughter and son had access to a couple of our firearms just in case they needed to defend themselves from some scumbag. Was I reckless/Careless?

As to punishment, it starts in elementary school. Kids learn that bad actions have bad consequences. I don't have an issue with busting their butts, but I understand some parents do. Keep the kids out of recess and other fun activities, make them write the same sentence on the black board all day or whatever the snowflake parents will allow but some sort of punishment has to be had for the wrong behavior.
Sounds like you’re trying to explain personal responsibility to a leftist. Good luck fighting that windmill.

Reactions: JimmyBob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT