ADVERTISEMENT

Our defense

bigpoke24

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Might be the worst I’ve ever seen at OSU. Here are some interesting points:

-Nardo is in over his head.

-I’ll say that JK had a rough 1-2 years at OSU but at least his defenses showed improvement and got better and you could see it. Nardo’s are getting worse.

-Before you blame this on talent Waltershied and Korie Black and a few other guys were playing under JK and looked like solid players. They look like shells of themselves now. So while some might say we have to recruit more talent on that side of the ball I’d argue and say that we have been recruiting the same for years and years and JK was able to take those same level recruits and turn them into a very good defense.

-To be somewhat fair to Nardo he was hired to run a 3-3-5 and we never run it. Having said that we have managed to establish the OSU defense. A cluster of some sort of 4-2-5 and we now make coaches run the OSU defense. And it’s a bad defense.

-We sub in along the dline all the time and I get it. Big bodies need to keep them fresh. We never sub in at LB our our LB’s need to be taken out at times not just for keeping them fresh but moreso because they are playing terrible football. So why don’t Ute and Ike ever get any snaps at the position? Ute is making special teams plays and looks good doing it. Why not give him some snaps and see what happens. Can’t be any worse than what we are seeing.

-Kendal Daniels has all the potential in the world and quite honestly probably should be an nfl kid but he isn’t held accountable for his lazy play and he isn’t coaches up correctly regarding lanes and assignment football. So he runs past a play and gives up. In my opinion you motivate a player like this by not playing him. Bench him to motivate and send a message while also coaching him up on how he messed up a play or didn’t give it his all.

#22 is just not very talented and over runs plays and his gap constantly. Both him and Daniels either over run it or engage with a lineman and can never disengage for a pass rush.

-Our corners have regressed and it should have been a position of strength. Korie Black should be being talked about regarding nfl potential. Cam Smith looked good at times last year (bedlam) and they both have struggled this year at times.

-Why don’t we play other safety’s? Clevland, Ty Williams, Kam Franklin? Look what happened when we played a walk on at saftey in Parker Robinson. Some good things happened. Why not try and do that more?

-I don’t understand what Nardo’s goal is on defense? We get gashed by the other teams run game. Our players sit back and wait for the offensive player to come to them. There is no attacking.

-Our blitz packages look so bad and our guys stand straight up and can’t get past anyone. They lock in with the oline and can’t ever disengage with them.

-We look so slow at times and we also look like we aren’t even trying at times. Now I do believe we are trying but it looks like we aren’t because of how bad things are going.

-I blame the coaching 100%. A change needs to happen right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.