ADVERTISEMENT

OU picked ahead of us

the bowler

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
I couldn't help but look at OU's starters (from a Tulsa world article) and wonder if they are really better than us, as chosen in all of the preseason garb.

A bit from the article:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_a02ea722-0eb1-5eac-8ca8-fcad557b58b4.html

Kruger gave a sneak peek at OU’s starting lineup as of Tuesday. Joining Woodard (6-0 senior guard) and Lattin (6-9 junior forward) were Christian James (6-4 sophomore guard), Rashard Odomes (6-6 sophomore guard) and Kristian Doolittle (6-7 freshman forward).

We know we should be clearly better at the point. Woodard is, this year, a 4 year starter but Evans is the best point guard in the league.

From last year you have to give Lattin the edge over Solomon at center. Both should be significantly better. I'm sure OU has more depth at center also.

At PF, Hammonds should be better than freshman Doolittle. Maybe quite a bit better.

At the 3, I would hope that Carroll/Shine/Dillard is better than Odomes/whoever.

At the 2, its 5-11 Forte vs 6-4 athlete Christian James. Could be a wash. James is potentialla a budding start, I hear. Forte is already pretty good.

I think that ads up to a slight edge for us. Their coach is very proven but ours is very good too. I don't see that they could have much depth because their best depth from last year is starting this season. But I know they have freshman 6-5 guard McGusty, who was a top 40-50 player.

What am I missing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News