ADVERTISEMENT

OT Troon: Forest Ridge

Dobsie

All-Big12
Gold Member
Lets just say Troon is the Devil.

Forest Ridge sold out out to Troon about two years ago and they are truly mismanaging this course.

Got an email this week about the changes coming up, and about half of the original members are leaving, or canceling.

Remember this course is semi private.

Before Troon $50 for tee times on weekdays, and $60 on weekends. Twilight was $35, and $45 for weekends.

Tee times now $65, and $77. It's $53 for twilight.

Before Troon it was $200 single, $250 for house a month for golf, after Troon it went to $225 single, and $300 for the house for a membership.

Well now its going up to $600 a month, and a $1500 initiation fee for a Semi-Private Course.

In this time frame they have stopped the pumps in all the ponds because it was too expensive. Now all of the ponds, and waterways look like swamps, and are mosquito infested.

We use to have Bermuda fairways in the summer, and over seeded rye in the fall before Troon. Now just dormant Bermuda from fall till spring.

They have had a sewage problem for 6 months, and the clubhouse on most days is filled with it's smell.

For reference this new price change will make it more expensive than Oaks, Meadowbrook, and Golf Club of Oklahoma.

This price is a year old, but junior membership quoted to me for the Golf Club of Oklahoma was $535 a month, and $5000 initiation for Full members, and Junior members (me currently) $365, and $3000 initiation fee.

So for Golf Club of Oklahoma It's $4380 in monthly dues plus a one time $3000 initiation fee for a total $7380 for a full private course. While Forest Ridge is going to be $7200 in monthly dues plus a one time initiation fee of $1500 for a total of $8,700 for semi private.

My kids play Junior PGA out here most of the year when it doesn't conflict with other sports. $300 a kid for one season, or $900 for Spring, Summer, and Fall. They now want to charge you $10 for a cart to follow yours kids around the course. This is not much, but it's the principle of the deal $20 to follow my two kids around since my wife and I have to split up. I walk this course so it's not a big deal, but it's in no way friendly for 6, and 8 year olds to walk it, and my 4 year old ain't walking that.

I don't see how this will survive as a course because it's going to go up to $100 for weekends to play the course for non members (tentatively).

Keep in mind Battle Creek is $180 a month for a single, $225 for house, and that also gets you on to Bailey's in Owasso but you have to pay for the cart at Baileys.

I know this is a first world problems, but there are a lot of Golf Bros here.

This is going to ruin one of Tulsa's great public courses, and the majority of the members since the 90's are canceling. There are a lot of other things they have changed, taken away, or made more expensive just too many to list.

This is what not to do with managing a golf course.

Lesson if Troon takes over your course management all the nice things go away, and will go up astronomically.

Reactions: AC2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News