ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs tiggers

tfpoke

Starter
May 29, 2001
OSU - Mizzou match at 7:00 tonight will be streamed on ESPN3. Should be a good one.

OSU - Mizzou match at 7:00 tonight will be streamed on ESPN3. Should be a good one.
Pic leads Aaron Assad 2-0 at the end of 1.

Pic escape and td in second, leads 5-0.

Pic locks up cradle for 4 pt nf, another 4 pointer and stalling calls end it in tech fall.

Last edited:
Brock vs Erneste
Td Brock, standing cradle and 2 pt nf, 4 pt nf, esc Erneste, td Brock, 2 pt nf, stalling Brock for no mat return. 12-1 after 1.

Brock down, almost gives up back points, reversal Brock, reversal and 4 pt nf for Erneste, escape Brock. 15-7 after 2.

Erneste chooses top. Stalling Brock, Brock looks terrible on bottom. 15-8 Brock, wild match, John Smith not happy. Brock ridden for most of 2 periods.

Last edited:
Heil vs Eierman. Td Heil, esc Mizz,2-1 after 1.

Heil down, esc. Mizz very active on top. Td Heil,esc Mizz. 5-2 after 2.

Mizz down, quick escape. Td Heil, can't return to mat, esc Mizz. Heil gives up late td, Mizz quick release, Heil hangs on to win 8-6. Cowboys up 11-0.

Last edited:
Collica vs Mayes. Quick td Mayes, quick esc. Td on the edge for Collica, release. 3-3.

Anthony down, quick esc, near td for Mayes on edge, td Mayes, esc. 5-5.

Mayes down, quick esc, bogus td for Mayes, reversal for Collica. Reviewed and confirmed. Good time out for Mayes. Esc Mayes, he leads 9-7. Mayes running, but wins 9-7.

Last edited:
157 Smith vs Levallee. 0-0 after 1.

Smith on top, Mizz esc after 11 seconds. Stalling on Mizz. 1-0.

Smith down, esc, td Levallee, 2 pt nf, Levallee wins 5-1. Smith looks bad, no offense, no energy.

Now 11-6.

Last edited:
Rogers vs Lewis at 165. Lewis has been on fire lately. Td Lewis, reversal, esc, td Chandler, nice chain wrestling, esc Lewis. 4-4 after 1.

Chandler down, quick esc, td Rogers, esc, td Lewis, reversal Rogers, esc Lewis. Another sketchy td for Mizz. 9-8 Rogers after 2.

Lewis down, escapes but Chan with 1:08 riding time. Rogers gives up td with 5 seconds left, loses 10-11.

Last edited:
Crutchmer vs redshirt freshman Wisman. Crutchmer double leg doesn't work. 0-0.

Wisman down, esc, single by Crutch, can't finish. 0-1.

Crutchmer down, esc, td Wisman, Crutchmer loses 1-4.

Wow, we look bad.

Last edited:
Rogers vs Lewis at 165. Lewis has been on fire lately. Td Lewis, reversal, esc, td Chandler, nice chain wrestling, esc Lewis. 4-4 after 1.

Chandler down, quick esc, td Rogers, esc, td Lewis, reversal Rogers, esc Lewis. Another sketchy td for Mizz. 9-8 Rogers after 2.

Lewis down, escapes but Chan with 1:08 riding time. Rogers gives up td with 5 seconds left, loses 10-11.

Believe it was 1 second (maybe 2)

When you try to win a match by one point you set yourself up for the upset.

Smith , Rodgers And Crutchmer need to get their shit together

Boyd vs some kid with a long name. Td Nolan, nf2, 4-0 after 1.

Boyd down, quick esc and td, stalling Mizz, 7-0.

Mizz down, released, td Boyd, release, td, release, td, release, td, release, stalling, td. With riding time, 20-5 tech fall.

Last edited:
Weigel vs Cox. Time for an upset of our own!

0-0 after 1.

Cox down, reversal, second stalling on Weigel. 0-3.

Weigel chooses top. Esc Cox, another stall call, td Cox, release, td Cox, release, another td. 2-12. All tied up at 16 all.

Last edited:
Schafer vs Myers. Td Schafer, esc, nice shot and td by Schafer, 4-0.

Myers down, esc, stalling point, td Schafer, stalling Myers, 8-1.

Schafer chooses top, rides him out for major, 9-1.

Final score 20-16.

That ref sucked, he wanted to be the center of attention. The TDs he gave in the Collica and Rogers matches were BS. Disappointing match.

Smith is really not wrestling good. He refuses to take a shot and looks slow and gassed. Crutch looks bad

Pic, Boyd and Schafer looked great. Brock got ridden for nearly 4 minutes and needs to learn to get off bottom. Dean gave up another late takedown. Luckily he had enough cushion to absorb it. Collica and Mayes is always a toss-up and Mayes won this one. Stopping for the review and John calling a time out to check the score really helped Mayes catch his breath. Not an upset, but it probably drops Anthony to the number 4 seed at nationals unless Mayes gets upset before then. I don't know what is going on with Joe, but he needs to fix it. I'm not sure he took a legitimate shot in the whole seven minutes. Chandler looked like he was trying to just hang on for the win in the last 10 seconds and got caught. If he continues to work his offense, he probably wins. Crutchmer was the biggest head scratcher of the evening to me. Redshirt senior against redshirt freshman and he can't get a single takedown. Cox is on a different level, so Weigel losing by major wasn't a surprise.

John and the team still have a LOT of work to do before March.

Pic, Boyd and Schafer looked great. Brock got ridden for nearly 4 minutes and needs to learn to get off bottom. Dean gave up another late takedown. Luckily he had enough cushion to absorb it. Collica and Mayes is always a toss-up and Mayes won this one. Stopping for the review and John calling a time out to check the score really helped Mayes catch his breath. Not an upset, but it probably drops Anthony to the number 4 seed at nationals unless Mayes gets upset before then. I don't know what is going on with Joe, but he needs to fix it. I'm not sure he took a legitimate shot in the whole seven minutes. Chandler looked like he was trying to just hang on for the win in the last 10 seconds and got caught. If he continues to work his offense, he probably wins. Crutchmer was the biggest head scratcher of the evening to me. Redshirt senior against redshirt freshman and he can't get a single takedown. Cox is on a different level, so Weigel losing by major wasn't a surprise.

John and the team still have a LOT of work to do before March.

I don't know if Collica drops to 4 or not. He has a win over Sorenson. Sorenson just beat Jordan. So you could have Mayes and Collica at 2 and 3 with Sorenson at 4 (provided everyone wins out).

The only one I'm mildly concerned with is Smith. The optimist in me hopes he is still getting his weight under control and trying to not be so reliant on the ankle pick, it didn't seem like he was trying his shrug either. Collica should still stay in the 2 spot, he already has 2 wins over Mayes this year although one won't count towards seeding, and he has the win over Sorensen. Crutch just drops matches at times, I've come to expect it, but he will be ready in march. To put the Rogers match in context Lewis has wrestled 20 matches he lost to martinez 7-4 and Rogers by fall in the remaining 18 he has won by fall in a lot and only given up 9 total points in the ones not ending in a fall. Rogers scored more in one match than he has given up in all of those matches. He is looking good and got out multiple times from a guy AD couldn't escape from last year.

I don't know if Collica drops to 4 or not. He has a win over Sorenson. Sorenson just beat Jordan. So you could have Mayes and Collica at 2 and 3 with Sorenson at 4 (provided everyone wins out).
That could happen and would be great. Sorenson and possibly Collica both have a potential loss to Retheford coming up. If Anthony could manage to upset Retheford, that would really make things interesting. We need Retheford to beat Sorenson, either way.

Last edited:
That could happen and would be great. Sorenson and possibly Collica both have a potential loss to Retherford coming up. If Anthony could manage to upset Retherford, that would really make things interesting. We need Retherford to beat Sorenson, either way.

Agreed. A Sorenson win over Retheford would definitely hurt Collica's seed.

149 is going to be tough to seed at NCAA and being on the bottom of the bracket is obviously to Collica's advantage. Even though Collica has beaten Mayes twice, he lost the last match and Sorensen wrestled Rutherford close. Assuming we wrestle Penn St., his match with Rutherford even in a loss might be important. If he loses by major and B1G finals are close, Collica probably falls to 4, making it harder to get to the finals.

Our run at 35 will be dependent on seeds, draws, and upsets as we have a lot of guys that will be in the 5-8 range and they will need to wrestle above the seed. We have peaked at the right time recently and hopefully will do the same this year.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT