ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs ISU Preview

cowboy-curt

Heisman Candidate
Sep 5, 2012
http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/hoops-preview-oklahoma-state-iowa-state/

Huge game tonight. Pistols firing blog does a great breakdown.

My take...

Offensively, ISU presents an opportunity for our guards to spread the floor and drive the lane. They don't play anyone over 6'8" in significant minutes so we should see success with Jawun's ability to drive to rim and his pull up floaters.

Forte should be able to find space as ISU guards aren't that physical of defenders and Carroll could use his athleticism to drive to bully his way to the rim.

If we can get the right fringe production from Hammonds, Solomon (putbacks), and Lindy or Dziagwa we should be sitting nicely. I think this is a game where Evans will score and score alot. As well as Forte.

Defensively, if we can create some havoc and crowd the perimeter we should be able to take away their ability to get hot from 3pt range.

Morris is a stud at getting the ball in the right place and at the right time, so if our help defense is slow or lacking he will make us pay with backdoor passes and the give n' go.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but looking at teams in Big 12, I am going wtih a bold prediction that we win tonight at home vs ISU 75-62 and then we pull off the unthinkable beating KU in Lawrence 72-70

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News