ADVERTISEMENT

OSU @ north carolina state

Lost Internet connection after HWT. What happened at 125?

Heil looked about as meh as it gets..

This post was edited on 2/22 7:37 PM by EvilPOKES

Final 20-12 OSU.
Collica and AD both with majors.
Wins for Crutchmer, Boyd, Harding, and Schafer.
Losses by Klimara, Heil, Marsden and Dolan.

174 Crutchmer wins - 3-0
184 Boyd wins - 6-0
197 A Schafer sighting and he wins - 9-0
Hwt Marsden loses - 9-3
125 Eddie loses - 9-6
133 Harding wins - 12-6
141 Heil loses - 12-9
149 Dolan loses in OT after leading 7-4 - 12-12
157 Collica with the major - 16-12
165 Dieringer with the major - 20-12

Heil and Dolan were tough losses but they took every shot I saw. All NC's points were off counter moves.

i do not think we were in a place near to a loss in this dual. i did not become excited at any point during any match except at 125. i watched the nc state dual against uo and knew their guy at 125 was/is a formidable opponent as is/was some of the other wolfpack grapplers. i want to congratulate the coaches, fans , and wrestlers of nc state and especially their head coach
mr. pat popolizio.

Collica has looked pretty good the last couple of weeks. With a good draw, I could see him on the podium in St. Louis.

They may have been mismatches but at least he took it to them. Unlike some of our wrestlers who should be looking for bonus but instead keep it too close most of the match.

I totally agree, I wish everyone wrestled like he has been. I think he has the ability to AA and I expect him to be near the top of 149 next year. I just think he might have some trouble this year. I was surprised NC State pulled Pyke and brought up a 49 lber. It seems ACs biggest issue is size and they gave him just what he needed to show his abilities.

Not a good year. I sure thought that Heil would develop more during the year. He hasn't seemed to improve a bit going by his results. Now Crutchmer does seem to be developing. My concern is what it has been in the past too few wrestlers jumping levels. You see some improvement like Marsden and now he seems to have fallen back. Inconsistency with our wrestlers seems rampant except with Dieringer. Any one concerned with nationals and him going against Bo Jordan, I hope we don't get a Oliver/ Stieber deal. On the Mat lots of people are pocking Jordan. Dieringer to keep progressing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT