ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I worry about at Tech

Pancreek1

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2004
Edmond OK
I think all things being equal, we are at least a 2 TD better team than tech. I really do, mostly because our D is good and theirs is terrible.

But the OU turnaround after the Texas debacle feels eerily similar to Tech this week.

After the Texas/OU game, Stoops went as far as to call out players and their attitudes publicly. Many on here (and elsewhere) guessed that was a bad move for Stoops and he was about to lose the team. All those players did the next week was come out more focused than they'd been the entire season and literally dominate KSU on the road.

Many Tech fans are now saying that the beatdown by OU was exacerbated by almost the entire Tech team "giving up" and not even caring. A similar calling out on players' attitudes is now happening in Lubbock.

I fear we will catch an undermanned Tech team playing with unusually high emotion on Halloween. They are not as good as us, but if they have the emotional edge (at a home field where crazy crap seems to happen regularly) it could be problematic for us.

I realize that one of the reasons Gundy has been pretty good on the road the past 5 years is the even keel he keeps teams on the road. And I realize that more times than not, level emotions through a season, particularly when facing adversity, is a good thing.

But this is Lubbock Texas, where ghosts and goblins come out to play every night, let alone Halloween night.

More than any other game, we need to start fast and take the newfound emotion out of the equation. If that happens, it will be a beatdown by us. If not, they are good enough (mostly on O) to hang around until the 4th quarter where crazy chit happens.

Reactions: sbaPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News