ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

Aaron Brooks lost. Not sure what to say. Had no business losing that one it felt like.

Was in deep on a foot hanging on with 12 seconds left and gets exposed from that position. Just have to be smarter there. Hanging on wasn’t enough. Have to hang on and dictate the position. Shame.
I don’t understand why Brooks didn’t have 5 points tho. At one point when the score was 3-0 he got a takedown and the ref signaled for it and everything but he never got the points.

I don’t understand why Brooks didn’t have 5 points tho. At one point when the score was 3-0 he got a takedown and the ref signaled for it and everything but he never got the points.
I didn't hear them say it but I'm guessing it got white paddled.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dake wins gold and decides to go for another. 😇

I hope he wins gold and asks for an extra $100-200k salary as a reigning Olympic champ. He would deserve it. That is a marketable asset in the room.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dake wins gold and decides to go for another. 😇

I hope he wins gold and asks for an extra $100-200k salary as a reigning Olympic champ. He would deserve it. That is a marketable asset in the room.
I agree he is a great asset. However, he is an asset no more or no less than Cael, Snyder, Varner and David Taylor was, Do you believe each of them get an additional $100-200k or do you think they are fortunate and damn grateful to be the best place in the United States to be able to realize their dreams?

I agree he is a great asset. However, he is an asset no more or no less than Cael, Snyder, Varner and David Taylor was, Do you believe each of them get an additional $100-200k or do you think they are fortunate and damn grateful to be the best place in the United States to be able to realize their dreams?
Is this a trick question? DT didn't get a $1M per year contract because he is a great guy. That's $300k more than Tom Brands is getting this year without coaching experience. So yeah, having a gold medal is worth a lot of money for the rest of your life. Being fortunate and grateful is nice and all but you can't buy a home with it. Dake is certainly worth extra cash as a coach with a gold medal around his neck. It's a draw to any school from a recruiting standpoint. Didn't think I needed to explain that part.

Last edited:
Takatani knocks Dake off in the semi’s with an unreal low single

Crazy high entertainment and a very high scoring match. 20-12
They said it during, but Dake is so confident in his defense he didn’t know how to stop that attack bc he usually doesn’t have to deal with that. I’m so bummed for him but hats off to the Japanese wrestler. That was well executed.

Reactions: AtownPoke
They said it during, but Dake is so confident in his defense he didn’t know how to stop that attack bc he usually doesn’t have to deal with that. I’m so bummed for him but hats off to the Japanese wrestler. That was well executed.
That Japanese guy scored 3 TDs off Nick Lee last year I believe. He has an amazing offense. Seems nearly indefensible but Dake was really tired too.

Hopefully the rumors are true and now that his competitive days appear to be over Dake comes over to Stilly to join his boy DT and coach the Cowboy RTC
I wanted him to win Gold but I think Gold would’ve made it really difficult for him to walk away. He has said he feels the best he’s ever felt right now and competing in LA in front of friends and family was something that really intrigued him.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I wanted him to win Gold but I think Gold would’ve made it really difficult for him to walk away. He has said he feels the best he’s ever felt right now and competing in LA in front of friends and family was something that really intrigued him.
He is 34 and time is not on his side. He "could" make $2M as a coach the next four years. As a 34 year old non-medal winner, his ability to earn diminishes somewhat and isn't anywhere near $2M over the next four years. IMO.

Reactions: AtownPoke
34? I thought he was trending down to 22 by now.
22jeni.jpg

I'm just going off what has been said in this thread, I didn't get a chance to watch much wrestling today (saw Paris lose due to lack of mat awareness), but it seems like the consensus is that our guys lost because they were tired. I find that extremely disappointing because pretty much everyone has to deal with the same schedule so wonder what it was bout our preparation that caused us to be so much more tired apparently than their competition?

Disappointing day for sure.

Japanese wrestling is looking really good. The women have always been good, but the men are wrestling really good. Sakamoto probably wrestles with these guys a lot. Looking forward to seeing what he does at OK State.
I was thinking the exact same thing but didn’t want to say it because you know, OSU and how things happen lmao.

Blades and Snyder into the semis. Retherford lost in his first match, waiting to see the semis results to see if he is pulled back in for a chance at a Bronze Medal.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Snyder loses 6-4.

What a freaking bust of an Olympics for USA. Without throwing any shame at our guys this was devastatingly disappointing and we have a lot of work to do before LA.

First time in 60+ years we don’t have a gold medal in men’s wrestling. Wow.

Snyder loses 6-4.

What a freaking bust of an Olympics for USA. Without throwing any shame at our guys this was devastatingly disappointing and we have a lot of work to do before LA.

First time in 60+ years we don’t have a gold medal in men’s wrestling. Wow.
The expectations for this team, especially without Russia there, were through the roof. Did we underestimate our opponents without the Russians there? I seen a lot of comments saying our wrestlers were gassing out.

The expectations for this team, especially without Russia there, were through the roof. Did we underestimate our opponents without the Russians there? I seen a lot of comments saying our wrestlers were gassing out.
AB lost his semi match due to inexperience. Never should have gone for the ankle, which is a folkstyle move. If he doesn’t make that last second mistake, he wins gold over an injured Yazdani imo.

SL to me either lost to a technically better guy or had the wrong strategy. Or both.

Dake lost to a better guy period. As did the other guys.

Reactions: oberebo

There were still a lot of Russians there.

Shows you how lethal that low single can be when perfected. Dake had no answer. John Smith said once he perfected it, he couldn't be stopped.
I honestly kept expecting Dake to old man muscle him into a gut every time lol.

Dake did get bronze. He was losing with maybe a minute left and he got all sorts of pissed off with the mat judge on a challenge that I still don’t know what he was mad about. Anyways, he got so pissed off he dropped the hammer on the guy and came back and won lol

I honestly kept expecting Dake to old man muscle him into a gut every time lol.

Dake did get bronze. He was losing with maybe a minute left and he got all sorts of pissed off with the mat judge on a challenge that I still don’t know what he was mad about. Anyways, he got so pissed off he dropped the hammer on the guy and came back and won lol

Dake Bomb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT