ADVERTISEMENT

OKC Thunder | Tanking 2.0

I was torn on that one. Orlando can win a few more and if we keep this up we’ll pass them. It cracked the door a little on Houston falling a spot back and having a lower percentage chance for a Top 4 pick. Basically I want the Rockets to win any game they’re even close in bc it doesn’t happen often. The Magic losing hurts our own pick a little while helping our trade swap with the Rockets a little more IMO
1-3 worst teams are even at 52% for top 4 pick so we want them to be the worst. If win hit on our 48% chance of getting their pick and they have the worst record in nba we have a 100% chance of getting the fifth pick.

Reactions: CentralPoke
1-3 worst teams are even at 52% for top 4 pick so we want them to be the worst. If win hit on our 48% chance of getting their pick and they have the worst record in nba we have a 100% chance of getting the fifth pick.

I mean if you want to bring statistics into it...

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.OSU
I also just don’t think they can hang with the T-Wolves as far as being worst.

So I have some hang ups on who to cheer for tonight in the tanking lottery. Couple of games of interest as far as that goes:

Cleveland at Detroit. Do we want to get some breathing room from Cleveland? Or do we want Detroit to win to make up a game on them?

Houston at Miami. Are you of the mindset that Mr.OSU is where we want Houston to have as bad of a record as possible and play the coin flip game to hopefully win out big at #5? Or cheer for them to win more than expected and just drop out of the Top 4 completely? Same with Miami pick. If we don't get Houston's pick, we want Miami to lose more to take that one instead right?

Then of course OKC at Washington. We want them to win. Makes us a better shot in the lottery and puts them further from us.

Reactions: SSS!!! and Mr.OSU
Detroit, heat, wizards. Like the idea of being underdogs to get rockets pick. That way you can go into the lottery not expecting it and be ecstatic if you get it.

Reactions: CentralPoke
So what would you rather have.....1 pick in 2 through 4 range or two top 10 picks? In this upcoming draft.

So what would you rather have.....1 pick in 2 through 4 range or two top 10 picks? In this upcoming draft.

Depends on when that first Top 10 pick was. Number 6 and number 9 vs drafting Evan Mobley? I'd probably go Mobley. If I got like 3 and 8, I'd take that all day long. I feel like with SGA and Dort and our role players, we just need one really good player. If I were Houston, I'd want the two picks because they're about to be proper fvcked if they don't get talent in really fast.

I love to hate on this guy as much as anyone, but this seems like a real mistake. It was an off the cuff list and he corrected it pretty quick. I think it’s funny he left off Draymond as well. Ibaka is a weird choice regardless of Russ.

ESPN posted their first 2022 mock. Obviously way, way too early to put a lot of faith in that stuff but the top of the draft board has a ton of big guys. Four of the top 5 are big guys. Wonder if that factors into Thunder's decision making at all. Probably not but something to thing about.

ESPN posted their first 2022 mock. Obviously way, way too early to put a lot of faith in that stuff but the top of the draft board has a ton of big guys. Four of the top 5 are big guys. Wonder if that factors into Thunder's decision making at all. Probably not but something to thing about.
I’m leaning towards thunder will be out of that range next year if healthy. If they get two top 10 picks I think they fight for the 8 through 10 seed next year.

I’m leaning towards thunder will be out of that range next year if healthy. If they get two top 10 picks I think they fight for the 8 through 10 seed next year.

So much depends on this draft. If they get Cade, Mobley (or someone else who turns out to have star potential) I think you are right. If they get someone just outside of that group I think they'll need to be bad again next year.

They lose their pick next year to Atlanta if they are half way decent. If you've got Cade ... who cares? If you come out of this draft with someone like Scotty Barnes you might want to take another swing at the top of the draft.

Dallas and Portland are both trying to hand each other the 6 seed which of course avoids the play-in tourney. Both teams are in a rut and refusing to take it. Mavs went on a 20-8 run but have lost 4 of their last 6. Port has lost 6 of their last 9. Port has the head to head tiebreaker and 2 game lead but a significantly more difficult schedule down the stretch, should get interesting.

Hell. If we would've been playing Horford, SGA and Dort like normal, we wouldn't be in that draft range this year.

The Chickasaws should just buy the Thunder and be done with it. It would fit with the entertainment center around the Indian Museum they are building.

Paycom has to be the betting favorite (if that were a thing) to buy the naming rights.

I would have concerns about the Paycom ceo having any influence with the thunder organization.

Not sure that is a big concern. I can't think of naming rights sponsor ever having much influence on an organization. That being said, there are only so many companies in OKC (or Oklahoma) that have the cash to make that kind of commitment. Paycom is one.

Reactions: osu2082
Not sure that is a big concern. I can't think of naming rights sponsor ever having much influence on an organization. That being said, there are only so many companies in OKC (or Oklahoma) that have the cash to make that kind of commitment. Paycom is one.
Just on edge due to companies jumping the gun on controversial subjects lately without doing their proper due diligence before taking stances. Their have been issues at Ou with the Paycom ceo taking aggressive stances.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I will call my family member and see if I can get Love's to make a pitch. With Biden in office gas should surge a bit. I do not want Paycom either. As a conservative state I think that would be a bad partnership.

I would guess there is a less than 1% chance Sonic makes a play at this (if that). I think Love's would be the second-favorite behind Paycom.
I agree I don't think Sonic will be a player. What is 20 year arena naming rights worth?

The scoring run Curry is on right now has to be unprecedented.

32 - 24 Chicago
39 - 19 Miami
37 - 23 Atlanta
41 - 21 Milwaukee
32 - 25 Washington
38 - 21 Houston
53 - 24 Denver
42 - 20 OKC (11 OF 16 FROM 3)
33 - 25 Cleveland
47 - 27 Boston (11 OF 19 FROM 3)
49 - 28 Philly (10 OF 17 FROM 3)

443 - 257 TOTAL

40 points a game on 23 shots are numbers you put up on NBA2k playing on the easiest setting.

Apparently Micic is planning on coming over next year . Lots of guards and forwards for next year. Wonder if they get the chance if they will go after Mobley in draft

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT