ADVERTISEMENT

Oil

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
Lost in all this is the double whammy of Saudi opening the taps AND collapsed demand. Where does our oil industry end up? Surely shut-ins are bound to start piling up next quarter. Oil's below $29 now. Could see it at... 20 by Summer? Imagine that in rural Oklahoma. Whew.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Lost in all this is the double whammy of Saudi opening the taps AND collapsed demand. Where does our oil industry end up? Surely shut-ins are bound to start piling up next quarter. Oil's below $29 now. Could see it at... 20 by Summer? Imagine that in rural Oklahoma. Whew.

In my mind, this is the bigger whammy. If S.A. persists, Oklahoma will feel some hurt the next 2 years.

In my mind, this is the bigger whammy. If S.A. persists, Oklahoma will feel some hurt the next 2 years.
Definitely bigger right now, mostly due to compounding.

we will see. I don’t think Russia and KSA can hold out all that long with cheap oil, especially if their social costs skyrocket dealing with the beer flu.

I wonder how the old buddies are doing at the Quaker State refinery in Newell, WV. When I hung out there, they bottled heavy for Motorvator for K-Mart. K-Mart was their largest client.

Quaker State used the exclusive awful Pennzoil additive package with Z-7. In 2002, Shell bought Pennzoil and dumpstered the package with Z-7. At that time, Pennzoil synthetic made from natural gas became the only lubricant for my crankcases. Prior to the Shell buyout, I wouldn't lubricate a door hinge with Pennzoil.

I wonder how the old buddies are doing at the Quaker State refinery in Newell, WV. When I hung out there, they bottled heavy for Motorvator for K-Mart. K-Mart was their largest client.

Quaker State used the exclusive awful Pennzoil additive package with Z-7. In 2002, Shell bought Pennzoil and dumpstered the package with Z-7. At that time, Pennzoil synthetic made from natural gas became the only lubricant for my crankcases. Prior to the Shell buyout, I wouldn't lubricate a door hinge with Pennzoil.

Be interesting to see where Shell is after the Trump virus passes.

Ponca Dan, you told me Sysk had a bit more on the ball than my-2cents. "the Trump virus". Are you sure? Explain this one. My money is still on my-2cents.
The difference between the two as I see it is Sys is trolling you, he knows he’s spouting bull, but he likes getting the Trump faithful riled up. 2Cents, on the other hand actually believes the horse manure he shovels. My opinion.

The difference between the two as I see it is Sys is trolling you, he knows he’s spouting bull, but he likes getting the Trump faithful riled up. 2Cents, on the other hand actually believes the horse manure he shovels. My opinion.
Not bad.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT