ADVERTISEMENT

Oil related business-how much has yours dropped?

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
oir oilfield electrical equipment business has dropped by probably 50-60%. How much has your business declined due to oil prices and what business are you in?

We are in northeast Ok.

Most my oilfield clients are now hauling for brokers running every day flatbed loads which also took a decrease. I was willing to pay over 2 bucks a gallon to make several thousand in sales a month.

Now I just fill up then let 10 gallons just run on the ground.

Here in okc the service side of our business has slowed quite a bit. Some of our customers are holding off on any major repair work until the price of oil comes up a bit or they are simply shutting in their wells to save money. Had several pumpers tell me their pay was being cut by 15% due to the slow down. Those are contract pumpers. The company guys aren't seeing any cuts as of yet. Our production side is obviously hurt by the price of both oil and natural gas, and battling the earthquake lawsuits adds to the shit storm that is the oil and gas industry in Oklahoma. The sun will rise tomorrow though.

Our business has not dropped off due to oil yet. A few of our clients are associated with oil field but not many.

We have an apartment in Woodward for business purposes. The last three months there has been about a 30% drop off in the number of cars in the parking lot at night. Many company trucks that used to park there are gone. Western Oklahoma is suffering right now.

It sucks! However, I've been on the sideline last 12 months, just waiting to buy some additional production in the firestorm sales in the coming months. So, hopefully that'll be the one good thing from this down turn, not just our cashflow being cut 70% :( wish I had more cash to double down

In my opinion it's going to get worse for the larger independents, i.e. CHK, CLR, DVN just to name a few here in OKC in the next 3-6 months. Hope I'm wrong. SD is done IMO

Reactions: giddyup
One of our companies, logistics and trucking, is will be 100% out of energy by summer

just drove back from Shreveport thru dallas to okc. A lot of the places I usually stop at in east texas, which are normally booming with people, were 80% empty. No oil crews, etc. A little scary.

Well my neighbor is an SVP at Devon. He pulled in today in a brand new F-150 Platinum edition. Business must be good.

Product lines I'm over are down close to 50% overall. Probably close to 60% NA and up a bit Mideast. We have almost no major projects coming through and our daily run rate business is dead. We do have a couple product lines that are midstream and downstream, and those have been fine. The majority of our products are upstream/production and heavily North America (horrible mix).

The company I work for had a decent Q4 all things considered, and they have enough long term backlog to be ok for quite awhile longer, but my group is more in the commodity product side...so it's been soul crushing to watch.

We are taking a hit here in western Okla. Our business has slowed way down. We had a supplier tell us that he normally runs a $15,000.00-18,000.00 once a month route from El Reno to Elk City. It's dropped to $6,000.00

Another supplier of uniforms said he used to have 115 stops. He has 9 now.

Three well established businesses here in Clinton are closing their doors, and other fellow business owners are telling me they're having a hard time.

:-(

Talked with a customer a couple of days ago about testing a design change in one of our products. He said he could, but may take a while before we see any decent results. A little over a year ago he had 36 test trailers running 24 hours per day, he now has 6 running 12 hours.

One of our suppliers told me this week that we were the only oil and gas company still purchasing from them (our products are not 100% upstream, so we still have some sales going on).

A person in the freight business in Tulsa said their business was off by 60-70%. Can this be right? Shocking. This person has been in that business for a long time so they would likely know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT