ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, you know, run as a republican, molest kids, the usual....

FtC1cKZagAAqUQV

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Aaaaaaand another log on the GOP fire. They're so corrupt and predatory. It's in their bones. It's why they elect criminals like Trump and defend him.

From 2005? Digging hard are we?
🤣
His son got 15 yrs. May be out now as I saw him or another son if he has more than one in a tv commercial the other day for their Construction Business thats been around forever.
Odd as I thought the business was long gone but I guess not.

Give him the death penalty, you game?
Sure he is. Leftist want to mass-murder ALL Republicans, not just Christian school kids. You didn’t see Sys disagree, did you?
I'd have no problem with a death penalty option for sexual assault/rape of children....regardless of the political or sexual persuasion of the Defendant.

IMO, in many cases and in many ways it's a more heinous crime than murder.

Do you agree or disagree @2012Bearcat?

Try to spin that into a leftist perspective @22LR .

I'd have no problem with a death penalty option for sexual assault/rape of children....regardless of the political or sexual persuasion of the Defendant.

You should tag more people.

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Glad you finally admit you’re a leftist. It sure took awhile.

I'd go along with that in cases beyond a shadow of doubt.

Edit: I'm a little surprised it's not already a capital offense. Has anyone tried to make it one?

I think that was fairly obvious from my original post but as attorney if you need a yes or no answer, yes I support the death penalty for those who sexually assault/rape children, regardless of politics or sexual orientation.

Looks like Florida is thinking the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyJD
I think that was fairly obvious from my original post but as attorney if you need a yes or no answer, yes I support the death penalty for those who sexually assault/rape children, regardless of politics or sexual orientation.

Looks like Florida is thinking the same.

I wasn’t clear as to whether you were being ironic/sarcastic in your challenge to @Syskatine.

Thank you for clarifying for me.

Though you might keep an eye @22LR….apparently anybody that agrees with you and me on this topic is a leftist.

I'd go along with that in cases beyond a shadow of doubt.

Edit: I'm a little surprised it's not already a capital offense. Has anyone tried to make it one?
Shadow of a doubt isn’t a burden of proof in any criminal prosecution anywhere in the nation.

So would you go along if the standard was beyond a reasonable doubt?

Shadow of a doubt isn’t a burden of proof in any criminal prosecution anywhere in the nation.

So would you go along if the standard was beyond a reasonable doubt?
Well, this is where the leftist streak comes out. "Reasonable" standard to take someone's life for something less than taking a life is a little spongy/subjective in this context. In my civil libertarian head there's a degree of certainty ("beyond peradventure"?) beyond he said/she said or relying on fallible human memory and bias. I'm thinking of a case from the early 00's where a guy filmed himself raping his stepson over and over. There was NO doubt.

On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of people getting turned loose that were wrongfully convicted, and they don't have much remedy when that happens. The Harry Connick case from New Orleans doesn't really assuage my fears of people having a remedy when they're steamrolled.

You could probably give me other anecdotal cases that would get me inflamed and move my opinion in the other direction, but I know there's a species of cases where some guy absolutely did it and ruined a kid and yeah... I agree in those cases. I guess I lack the faith in courts to start killing people for less than murder without some serious additional procedural safeguards.

Well, this is where the leftist streak comes out. "Reasonable" standard to take someone's life for something less than taking a life is a little spongy/subjective in this context. In my civil libertarian head there's a degree of certainty ("beyond peradventure"?) beyond he said/she said or relying on fallible human memory and bias. I'm thinking of a case from the early 00's where a guy filmed himself raping his stepson over and over. There was NO doubt.

On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of people getting turned loose that were wrongfully convicted, and they don't have much remedy when that happens. The Harry Connick case from New Orleans doesn't really assuage my fears of people having a remedy when they're steamrolled.

You could probably give me other anecdotal cases that would get me inflamed and move my opinion in the other direction, but I know there's a species of cases where some guy absolutely did it and ruined a kid and yeah... I agree in those cases. I guess I lack the faith in courts to start killing people for less than murder without some serious additional procedural safeguards.
Fair enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT