ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, By The Way

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I just watched a disgustingly, horribly, terrifyingly good movie on Netflix called Don’t Look Up. It would be considered a comedy, I suppose, if it weren’t so impossibly believable.

Last edited:
I just watched a disgustingly, horribly, terrifyingly good movie on Netflix called Don’t Look Up. It would be considered a comedy, I suppose, if it weren’t so impossibly believable.
I agree, Don't Look Up is a great movie. One of the best satires I've seen in a while on the current state of our country. It's critique of the media and the Trump administration was spot on. You do know it is also a lesson in how we are responding to climate change?

I wonder though @Ponca Dan, if what took place in the movie actually happened, how would you respond? Would you be supporting the scientists or would you be making posts linking to articles telling us not to look up and how this is all just an authoritarian power grab? Would you be pushing conspiracy theories like @Corndog2021 would be?

Be honest.

I agree, Don't Look Up is a great movie. One of the best satires I've seen in a while on the current state of our country. It's critique of the media and the Trump administration was spot on. You do know it is also a lesson in how we are responding to climate change?

I wonder though @Ponca Dan, if what took place in the movie actually happened, how would you respond? Would you be supporting the scientists or would you be making posts linking to articles telling us not to look up and how this is all just an authoritarian power grab? Would you be pushing conspiracy theories like @Corndog2021 would be?

Be honest.
While watching the movie it never dawned on me it was supposed to be a metaphor for climate change. It was only after watching the movie and reading about the “controversy” that I learned about its intention.

The main reason I didn’t catch the climate change comparison is the devastation by meteor was unquestioned realty, while “climate change” “scientists” have spent the last 50 years assuring us we will all die at any moment. They’ve weaved from global cooling to global warming to climate change. They simply have become empty of credibility.

The meteor, OTOH, was unmistakable. All one had to do was look up.

In addition I did not recognize the Meryl Streep character as partisan one way or the other. It is lunacy for anyone not to understand her character was a mishmash of any president, as if only one side would climb in bed with the billionaire businessman. Or that a sizable portion of the populace would fall prey to the manipulation and not look up.

I think it is the best political satire since Dr. Strangelove. Too bad people try to make a partisan thing out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OUSOONER67
While watching the movie it never dawned in me it was supposed to be a metaphor for climate change. It was only after watching the movie and reading about the “controversy” that I learned about its intention.
This doesn't surprise me at all. Your ability to think outside your political box has always been lacking.

It was very clear from the movie's onset that this is a satire related to climate change, among other things.

The main reason I didn’t catch the climate change comparison is the devastation by meteor was unquestioned realty, while “climate change” “scientists” have spent the last 50 years assuring us we will all die at any moment. They’ve weaved from global cooling to global warming to climate change. They simply have become empty of credibility.
🤣🤣

Again, you are the perfect example of what this movie is addressing. Ignorance.

That is why I asked you if what took place in this movie actually happened, how would you respond. I have zero doubt you would be one of those posting conspiracy theories and chanting, "Don't Look Up." Your inability at self-reflection on this matter is astounding.

In addition I did not recognize the Meryl Streep as partisan one way or the other. It is lunacy for anyone not to understand her character was a mishmash of any president, as if only one side would climb in bed with the billionaire businessman. Or that a sizable portion of the populace would fall prey to the manipulation and not look up.
Meryl Streep was clearly a satire on Trump. She even has her son sitting there in the Oval Office! Think Don Jr. Hello! 🤣

The "Don't Look Up" rally was also a satire of Trump's rallies. How in the world did you miss this? They literally did everything they could to make this as clear as day.

I think it is the best political satire since Dr. Strangelove. Too bad people try to make a partisan thing out of it.
I agree it is the best political satire since Dr. Strangelove. It is clearly partisan in nature too as was Dr. Strangelove.

Sometimes Dan, you show flashes of understanding. Yet, the box you have placed yourself in always brings you crashing down. You liked this movie, because, it told the truth. On a human level, you got it. But when it comes to actually applying the truth found in the movie in real life, you just can't bring yourself to cross that divide. You continue to be a pawn for those this movie was openly attacking.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
This doesn't surprise me at all. Your ability to think outside your political box has always been lacking.

It was very clear from the movie's onset that this is a satire related to climate change, among other things.

🤣🤣

That is why I asked you if what took place in this movie actually happened, how would you respond. I have zero doubt you would be one of those posting conspiracy theories and chanting, "Don't Look Up." Your inability at self-reflection on this matter is astounding.

Meryl Streep was clearly a satire on Trump. She even has her son sitting there in the Oval Office! Think Don Jr. Hello! 🤣

The "Don't Look Up" rally was also a satire of Trump's rallies. How in the world did you miss this? They literally did everything they could to make this as clear as day.

I agree it is the best political satire since Dr. Strangelove. It is clearly partisan in nature too as was Dr. Strangelove.

Sometimes Dan, you show flashes of understanding. Yet, the box you have placed yourself in always brings you crashing down. You liked this movie, because, it told the truth. On a human level, you got it. But when it comes to actually applying the truth found in the movie in real life, you just can't bring yourself to cross that divide. You continue to be a pawn for those this movie was openly attacking.
This says what i was trying to say much better than my feeble attempt. Also explains why I missed that the movie is supposed to be about climate change. It works much better as a movie about corruption and brute politics.

🤣🤣

Clearly this was satire.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
This says what i was trying to say much better than my feeble attempt.
You finally found an article that put forth your position, huh? Funny how you failed to link to the vast majority of articles which disagreed with your position.🤣🤣

You are such the typical right-winger, it is pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
You finally found an article that put forth your position, huh? Funny how you failed to link to the vast majority of articles which disagreed with your position.🤣🤣

You are such the typical right-winger, it is pathetic.
There are no words to describe the depths of your slack-jawed stupidity. At least it's entertaining

Reactions: Medic007
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT