ADVERTISEMENT

Obamacare Stats: The NON-Fake News Version

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/09/i...insures-20-million-here-are-the-real-numbers/

"A recent analysis by The Heritage Foundation’s Edmund Haislmaier and Drew Gonshorowski uses the more accurate method, taking actual enrollment data from Medicaid and private insurance companies to assess the impact Obamacare has had on coverage.

The researchers found that just over 14 million people gained coverage from the end of 2013 to the end of 2015. Of those 14 million, 11.8 million gained their insurance through Medicaid and 2.2 million through private coverage."

Reactions: Medic007
http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/09/i...insures-20-million-here-are-the-real-numbers/

"A recent analysis by The Heritage Foundation’s Edmund Haislmaier and Drew Gonshorowski uses the more accurate method, taking actual enrollment data from Medicaid and private insurance companies to assess the impact Obamacare has had on coverage.

The researchers found that just over 14 million people gained coverage from the end of 2013 to the end of 2015. Of those 14 million, 11.8 million gained their insurance through Medicaid and 2.2 million through private coverage."
Yep. Those many now covered folks were put on the direct govt tit. The rest get subsidies. I wonder who pays for all of that free shit.

Who you think paid for the emergency care for these individuals previously?

We did through higher medical charges, or at least that's what I'm constantly told. But for whatever reason, moving all these millions onto an insurance plan didn't seem to lower the existing charges any.

Reactions: squeak
I thought Obamacare was supposed to eliminate all these people from flooding emergency rooms. Have you been in one recently? They are overflowing with people still.

We did through higher medical charges, or at least that's what I'm constantly told. But for whatever reason, moving all these millions onto an insurance plan didn't seem to lower the existing charges any.
One study found that those of Hispanic dissent (who tended to be disproportionately represented amongst emergency room patients) are being billed now more than before Obamacare, ostensibly because they are using various medical services more frequently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT