ADVERTISEMENT

Nwca

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
The two matches featuring OSU wrestlers could not have been any different. Heil lost an exciting up tempo scramble fest 13-12 to Brewer. Crutchmer on the other hand lost 2-1 on a double stall call which was KCs second of the match. Epperly took a few shots, I think Crutchmer attempted one, but it was overall very slow.

Heil gave up the leg too easy, but was game. Early in the season to be in shape, gassed at the end. Overall good effort against a top 5 wrestler. Crutchmer looked just the same as last year. No, Zippo, Zero offense. Didn't try to ride, not sure what the hell he's doing out there. Same old crap as last year. Going to be hard to be successful by just being strong..... That young ref seemed to want to be the center of attention.

It's very early and KC came on late last year. I think you will see all our guys slowly build fitness and continue to improve throughout the year which has been the norm the last few years especially.

It's very early and KC came on late last year. I think you will see all our guys slowly build fitness and continue to improve throughout the year which has been the norm the last few years especially.
I agree not too worried about fitness, but I would like to see KC initiate a little more offense.

When Kevin needs the points he goes for them. He is just a better athlete than anybody else, but if he does not get after it he will lose some close ones.

Heil won the scrambles with Brewer except in the third period. I think that will be the last time Brewer beats him.

Reactions: driad and jon_osu
Flo rates Brewer , a 5th year senior, as the #4 P4P wrestler. You have to be really impressed that Heil was winning at any point. Did nt see the match though.

Heil from the reports had every chance to win against who IMO is the best or one of the best lighter weight guys in the country. He may have had as a dominating NCAAs last year as anyone.

He is also a big 133 and could easily end up at 141.

It's a good sign IMO that as this point int he season Heil fared as well as he did.

I watched the match on TV and Heil was winning the scrambles in the second period pretty much regardless of where they started. The third period he just got taken down and did not really get the shots into a scramble. My thoughts were it was a bit of a gas tank issue. Not sure you worry about gas tank issues in early November. I stand by my previous comment that Heil will not lose to Brewer again this year.

Reactions: osu2082 and jon_osu
Thanks guys. I think him being at 133 could actually help us in the team race.

Yes. I am with you on that. Not saying Dean losses to him again but if we don't have to take that chance let's not take it!!!!! See a lot of south side boys at OK open this weekend but no Brewer.

Do you have any other results?

2015-16 Oklahoma Red/White Scrimmage Matchups
Weight

Ryan Millhof (Red) dec. Christian Moody (White), 6-2
Dylan Lucas (Red) fall Sean Williams (White), 3:58
Cody Brewer (White) tech fall Aaron O'Brien (Red), 22-5
Trae Blackwell (Red) dec. Noah Teaney, 8-2
Davion Jeffries (White) maj. dec. Jake Thornton (Red), 17-7
Brock Wingbermuehle (Red) fall Shayne Tucker (White), 2:51
Clark Glass (White) dec. Hayden Hansen (Red), 8-2
Matt Reed (Red) dec. Lance Dixon (White), 9-4
Andrew Dixon (White) dec. Brice Inbody (Red), 12-5
Brad Johnson (Red) dec. Joel Dixon (White), 5-2
HWT
Ross Larson (White) dec. Mike Brown (Red), 3-1 (SV-1)

What about Meijas at 157? He looked good at owasso. Brown at HWT is a beast of a human. I overheard he is on the Courure path, Miltary and now wrestlng at college. He is built like Couture as well. I'm hoping they RS Jeffries.

You just wonder if OU hurt themselves tying so much money up with the Dixons.

Mejias, Freddie Rodriguez, and Nozomy Pozo (all JUCO national champs) were supposed to be at OU. All three were at the Oklahoma Open but none are listed on the OU roster. Not sure what is going on there.

Meijas and Rodriguez were both at owasso, not sure about the other. I saw CM and Joe Smith defeat Mejias and saw Hale defeat Rodriguez.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT