ADVERTISEMENT

Now Patriot Flynn says he hears "they" are gonna spike your salad dressing with a vaccine.

I blame the suicide bomber for being a suicide bomber. I blame the commander in chief for his role. Joe orders the 82nd to leave Afghanistan so he can meet his August 31 deadline. A significant reduction in force. Then, he orders Marines from Jordan to Afghanistan to inadequately fill the void. See what happened? It’s all slight of hand. The 82nd leaves Bagram with great fanfare (look how awesome we are!) while Rome is burning. And while everyone is looking over there, we have these Marines come in to defend the Kabul airport in a no-win situation.

That‘s what happened. The Wyoming kid was in Jordan and was ordered into Kabul. I haven’t seen that on the news. That’s what the family said, so I don’t blame anybody for not knowing that.

Even the most casual observer will note that evacuations from Bagram went smoothly. Evacuation from Kabul was a train wreck. And that shouldn’t surprise anybody, even Half a Brain Biden.
Why would a POTUS be responsible for determining the troop levels at two different airports in Afghanistan? That seems at first blush to be a operational decision for military brass. I'm not defending political theater, I'm saying that if intel said the country would be peaceful, and getting the military out helps de-escalate, it's hard to criticize him for bringing this marine in as opposed to that marine. Given the breadth and scope of that military operation, you're seriously ripping Biden over a detail like that? And a suicide bomber, no less.

I'd think the fact that country fell like a house of cards should amplify why we were right to get out.
You know what you'll never criticize? How Trump got us out. He didn't. He wouldn't, for this very reason. It's so loaded with potential for this stuff and bad optics, he didn't have the stomach to do it.

Ask the Kurds how they feel about the notice they received to get out. Pretty awful double standard on top of everything else.

You know what you'll never criticize? How Trump got us out. He didn't. He wouldn't, for this very reason. It's so loaded with potential for this stuff and bad optics, he didn't have the stomach to do it.
Pure speculation.

I'm not defending political theater, I'm saying that if intel said the country would be peaceful, and getting the military out helps de-escalate, it's hard to criticize him for bringing this marine in as opposed to that marine.

Now look at the phone call I referred to earlier:

Reuters has a bombshell report about a July phone callbetween Joe Biden and then-Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani, in which the US president promises military aid in return for lies.

The “perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” says Biden in the July 23 call. “And there’s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

Pure speculation.

Now look at the phone call I referred to earlier:

Reuters has a bombshell report about a July phone callbetween Joe Biden and then-Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani, in which the US president promises military aid in return for lies.

The “perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” says Biden in the July 23 call. “And there’s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

Appreciate that link, had not seen a detailed account of the call. The following bits don't seem to support the notion that Biden knew that the ANA was dead meat:

“You clearly have the best military,” Biden said. “You have 300,000 well-armed forces versus 70, 80,000 and they’re clearly capable of fighting well.​
“We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is … And all the way through the end of August, and who knows what after that.​
“In addition to that, we are going to continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically, economically, to make sure your government not only survives, but is sustained and grows because it is clearly in the interest of the people of Afghanistan that you succeed and you lead.”​
Biden’s tone throughout the call suggests he did not expect the collapse of the Afghan government just three weeks later.​

Do you think Biden believed that the ANA was mere days away from falling apart?

Appreciate that link, had not seen a detailed account of the call. The following bits don't seem to support the notion that Biden knew that the ANA was dead meat:

“You clearly have the best military,” Biden said. “You have 300,000 well-armed forces versus 70, 80,000 and they’re clearly capable of fighting well.​
“We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is … And all the way through the end of August, and who knows what after that.​
“In addition to that, we are going to continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically, economically, to make sure your government not only survives, but is sustained and grows because it is clearly in the interest of the people of Afghanistan that you succeed and you lead.”​
Biden’s tone throughout the call suggests he did not expect the collapse of the Afghan government just three weeks later.​

You would have to ask the person telling Biden what to say.

Sounds like a pregame pep talk to the Checotah Wildcats as they prepare to take the field against ou in Norman. Joe felt the need to recap troop strength to a guy he was pulling the rug out from under? We’re going to fight hard? I’m thinking actions speak louder than words.

Taliban controlled half the country at that point + Lie to make things look awesome + you guys are awesome and we’re here for you = YOU PEOPLE ARE ****ED.

And yet, your post was about just a few words. As if that was conclusive proof...
Look, Ted Wheeler is a good dude. And Portland is wonderful. But when people ask how the continuous riots downtown were handled, can we just lie and tell them that it was great and everybody had a good time?

Reactions: Medic007
Sounds like a pregame pep talk to the Checotah Wildcats as they prepare to take the field against ou in Norman. Joe felt the need to recap troop strength to a guy he was pulling the rug out from under? We’re going to fight hard? I’m thinking actions speak louder than words.

Taliban controlled half the country at that point + Lie to make things look awesome + you guys are awesome and we’re here for you = YOU PEOPLE ARE ****ED.
It's amazing that Pedo Joe can blatantly ask the Afghan president to lie about the situation and not a peep of objection from our regressives here. Instead, one of them is blaming the people in Afghanistan and the other just babbles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT